Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Wisconsin wants to be Nebraska. Just ask Barry Alvarez what blueprint he photocopied when he took the job at 'nobody cares about U' back in the day. They are our little brothers, be proud that we modeled the path to success so well for them. This year is their "golden" generation. Enough said.

Wisconsin - aka the Missouri of the B1G.

That might be overstating it a little bit.... I think that Alvarez came from a program that was well-rounded, and did things the right way. He saw it as a model of success, and he used that knowledge when building their program. Wisconsin is it's own program, and a step above Missouri for sure....

See I can agree with that. Moderation and civility go a long way. The idea that one school owes another school anything is kind of ridiculous. Do we owe Iowa for Brett? That's where he learned so much of the defense that was in many ways missing under Barry...and he has a Hawkeye tattoo....Will OSU owe UF everything? Does Clemson owe LSU?

Hahahaha...Wait... Really?

Wisconsin wants to be Nebraska. Just ask Barry Alvarez what blueprint he photocopied when he took the job at 'nobody cares about U' back in the day. They are our little brothers, be proud that we modeled the path to success so well for them. This year is their "golden" generation. Enough said.

That might be overstating it a little bit.... I think that Alvarez came from a program that was well-rounded, and did things the right way. He saw it as a model of success, and he used that knowledge when building their program. Wisconsin is it's own program, and a step above Missouri for sure....

See I can agree with that. Moderation and civility go a long way. The idea that one school owes another school anything is kind of ridiculous. Do we owe Iowa for Brett? That's where he learned so much of the defense that was in many ways missing under Barry...and he has a Hawkeye tattoo....Will OSU owe UF everything? Does Clemson owe LSU?

Yea really... :facepalm:...it took me awhile to trust the guy..

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Uncovering-Bret-Bielema-s-not-so-hidden-Hawkeye-?urn=ncaaf-278898

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-111823042-1287678589.jpg?ym95f9DDTnDJbHnQ

Lets just assume that Wisconsin did want to be Nebraska, and Barry wanted Wisconsin to replicate NU....There would be no reason to be offended by that, if anything it would be a compliment to our program....That is, IF it were the case, and it is not....

http://rivals.yahoo....rn=ncaaf-278898

Wisconsin is a better football coaching destination than Iowa, but that particular body art would have to make you nervous if an Iowa Head Coach job were to come open....Wouldn't it?

http://rivals.yahoo....rn=ncaaf-278898

Besides, don't feel bad.... I give you Pelini's leg....

sports-tattoo-11360032112448.jpg

Lets just assume that Wisconsin did want to be Nebraska, and Barry wanted Wisconsin to replicate NU....There would be no reason to be offended by that, if anything it would be a compliment to our program....That is, IF it were the case, and it is not....

I'm not offended by it and don't have a problem admitting that Barry was influenced by his time at NU however it's wrong just to simplify things and make it seem as if...

1) Wisconsin has never had any success in its history

2) To change that and find success we had to bring in a Husker disciple who, in being incapable of original thought or innovation, brought a carbon copy of Nebraska football to Madison

3) That influence has remains as strong as ever despite numerous coaching changes including the end of Barry's tenure as Head Coach.

...all serve to unfairly diminish the accomplishments of the University of Wisconsin's football program. Any fan of the Badgers is going to take issue with that in the same way you guys might find it ridiculous for me to level similar claims toward NU concerning MSU or Wyoming.

Emotionless, logic-based statements that don't flame the troll from Madison aren't what this thread needs!? :P

Hockey - UW

Basketball - UW

Football - UW

Academics - UW

Oh and when one writes something he implies not infers.

Infer: To suggest or hint.

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly engineer who doesn't value grammar as much as intellectuals such as yourself.

I like how you pick out only 4 things( with one of them being a sport that most Nebraskans could care less about and which we do not have as a sport at our university). I had never even seen a hockey game until I moved to Wisconsin and I don't personally know a single person who is interested in hockey. Would I rather be in the Rose Bowl versus our bowl? Sure, but even the Rose Bowl is a consolation prize. And we'll see who's team wins next fall. To suggest your football program is far superior is laughable. Remind me again how many Big 10 teams have played for the national title since OSU needed an assist from the Zebras in 2002. What exactly has your team accomplished other than beating a couple pu&&y Pac 10 teams in the Rose Bowl?

Hockey - UW

Basketball - UW

Football - UW

Academics - UW

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly engineer who doesn't value grammar as much as intellectuals such as yourself.

I like how you pick out only 4 things( with one of them being a sport that most Nebraskans could care less about and which we do not have as a sport at our university). I had never even seen a hockey game until I moved to Wisconsin and I don't personally know a single person who is interested in hockey. Would I rather be in the Rose Bowl versus our bowl? Sure, but even the Rose Bowl is a consolation prize. And we'll see who's team wins next fall. To suggest your football program is far superior is laughable. Remind me again how many Big 10 teams have played for the national title since OSU needed an assist from the Zebras in 2002. What exactly has your team accomplished other than beating a couple pu&&y Pac 10 teams in the Rose Bowl?

UNO and their average attendance of 8,000 fans say hello...

Which is also fifth highest average in nation for D1 Hockey. Wisconsin is number one with almost 14,000 fans/game.

Hockey - UW

Basketball - UW

Football - UW

Academics - UW

It would be sweet if UNL got a hockey team....Thanks Title IV!!!!

Hockey - UW

Basketball - UW

Football - UW

Academics - UW

It would be sweet if UNL got a hockey team....Thanks Title IV!!!!

Does UNL really want to compete with UNO for fans every year, though? UNO is nationally ranked most years and it will be hard to pull most of those fans away.

I love going to UNO and Lancer games, so there you go beanman, you know someone that likes hockey.

Hockey - UW

Basketball - UW

Football - UW

Academics - UW

I picked the two top sports in the country and what should be the focus of any University; Academics. I also included Hockey since UW doesn't have Baseball. They were anything but random "picks" and are all relevant when considering my claim that Wisconsin has superiority in "all things outside of ....[Football history]" which I might add was made as a somewhat over-the-top response to a person most of you have already chastised for being a troll. Anyhow, it sounds like you have a fair amount of pent up resentment toward your new home and its fair University. I'm sorry for that. It must be a very unpleasant existence. Oh and you also seem to rather dislike the Big Ten, if that's the case then how about you lobby to move back to the Big XII since it was so much better?

By the way...you definitely confused 'infer' and 'imply'. I didn't infer that Montee Ball was the best running back in the nation in writing my posts. You may feel that I implied as much but I didn't infer that, you did. It's ok, I too use words I don't understand at times.

From Merriam Webster,

1:Imply:obsolete:enfold, entwine

2: to involve or indicate by inference, association, or necessary consequence rather than by direct statement<rights imply obligations>

3: to contain potentially

4: to express indirectly <his silence implied consent>

Infer:

1: to derive as a conclusion from facts or premises<we see smoke and infer fire — L. A. White> — compare imply

2: guess, surmise <your letter … allows me to infer that you are as well as ever — O. W. Holmes †1935>

3: to involve as a normal outcome of thought

Hockey - UW

Basketball - UW

Football - UW

Academics - UW

I picked the two top sports in the country and what should be the focus of any University; Academics. I also included Hockey since UW doesn't have Baseball. They were anything but random "picks" and are all relevant when considering my claim that Wisconsin has superiority in "all things outside of ....[Football history]" which I might add was made as a somewhat over-the-top response to a person most of you have already chastised for being a troll. Anyhow, it sounds like you have a fair amount of pent up resentment toward your new home and its fair University. I'm sorry for that. It must be a very unpleasant existence. Oh and you also seem to rather dislike the Big Ten, if that's the case than how about you lobby to move back to the Big XII since it was so much better?

By the way...you definitely confused 'infer' and 'imply'. I didn't infer that Montee Ball was the best running back in the nation in writing my posts. You may feel that I implied as much but I didn't infer that, you did. It's ok, I too use words I don't understand at times.

From Merriam Webster,

1:Imply:obsolete:enfold, entwine

2: to involve or indicate by inference, association, or necessary consequence rather than by direct statement<rights imply obligations>

3: to contain potentially

4: to express indirectly <his silence implied consent>

Infer:

1: to derive as a conclusion from facts or premises<we see smoke and infer fire — L. A. White> — compare imply

2: guess, surmise <your letter … allows me to infer that you are as well as ever — O. W. Holmes †1935>

3: to involve as a normal outcome of thought

I appreciate the work you put into that post.... :wasted