Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Rock,

I totally disagree, if so Army, Harvard, Notre Dame and others would still be relevant. History is for the fans of the program.

I agree we will always get the kids that have ties to Nebraska, but Nebraska is not a huge recruiting jugernaut by any means. We were able to lock up home town kids to play the line, keep them 5 years and then let them play their senior year. Those days are gone, or if on their way back at a very slow pace.

The kids we are recruiting were 3 years old when we were relevant, they really know nothing about Nebraska. I know everyone we recruit says it was important, again what else would they say. Most have no knowledge of the offense Nebraska ran, or really how succesful we were with it.

Meyers is going to be hard to beat if he is succesful this year, Hoak looks like the real deal, he gets it and has proven very sucessful at prior gigs. Those two carry history and tradition at a current level. Most of the lives of the kids they recruit it was one or the other and loyalties develop at very young ages, for one or the other. Very seldom does a top athlete in Ohio or Michigan leave the state unless it is to the opposite state.

Meyers is dynamic, just look at what he has done since arrival, a little unfair but never the less he is loading the truck with prime goods and taking it to Columbus.

I truly hope you are right and the history and tradition still plays a part, but ours is ancient to a young kid, we have not won a major game in many many years. That is the history for a 18 year old kid. With the attitude of what did you do for me lately and show me the money, we are down the list I am afraid.

That does not mean we will not be a good football team, winning CCG once every 5-6 years, but MNC games are going to be very rare I think. I can live with that, the question is can most Nebraska fans live with it. Not likely.

Rock,

I totally disagree, if so Army, Harvard, Notre Dame and others would still be relevant. History is for the fans of the program.

I agree we will always get the kids that have ties to Nebraska, but Nebraska is not a huge recruiting jugernaut by any means. We were able to lock up home town kids to play the line, keep them 5 years and then let them play their senior year. Those days are gone, or if on their way back at a very slow pace.

The kids we are recruiting were 3 years old when we were relevant, they really know nothing about Nebraska. I know everyone we recruit says it was important, again what else would they say. Most have no knowledge of the offense Nebraska ran, or really how succesful we were with it.

Meyers is going to be hard to beat if he is succesful this year, Hoak looks like the real deal, he gets it and has proven very sucessful at prior gigs. Those two carry history and tradition at a current level. Most of the lives of the kids they recruit it was one or the other and loyalties develop at very young ages, for one or the other. Very seldom does a top athlete in Ohio or Michigan leave the state unless it is to the opposite state.

Meyers is dynamic, just look at what he has done since arrival, a little unfair but never the less he is loading the truck with prime goods and taking it to Columbus.

I truly hope you are right and the history and tradition still plays a part, but ours is ancient to a young kid, we have not won a major game in many many years. That is the history for a 18 year old kid. With the attitude of what did you do for me lately and show me the money, we are down the list I am afraid.

That does not mean we will not be a good football team, winning CCG once every 5-6 years, but MNC games are going to be very rare I think. I can live with that, the question is can most Nebraska fans live with it. Not likely.

I understand your point of view, and I am not saying that you're wrong, but because WE care so much about the program, that shows to the current kids these days. WE make us relevent, WE remind them of our glory.... There are also alot of great things about Nebraska that have nothing to do with what we did 15 years ago.... The facilities are top of the line, Memorial Stadium is great (and getting better), and the biggest thing to me is the meaning of the team to the state. Kids these days love to be noticed, and glorified....In this state, as a Husker, they get that....

Nobody loves their football team like the people of Nebraska.... I could handle a rare National Championship, because I don't expect us to win 3 of 4 again, but I do expect us to compete for them on a regualr basis... Under Pelini, I think that we will contend for them.... When you are Nebraska, the rebound isn't going to happen as fast as it did for Bama, USC, and schools like that... But I really do believe it will happen for us....

I guess I don't understand the logic behind expecting to compete for a NC on a regular basis. TO didn't compete for a NC on a regular basis. If he's the standard for all coaches who come after him, then how can we logically expect to play for a NC on a regular basis?

My guess he means in the hunt to be there. We all remember the good old days, and those good old days get better as the days get older.

But every year when Tom was here we thought we would be in the hunt. In honesty those days ended shortly have Tom left for me. I could see the recruiting failing with Coach Solich and hoped BC would get the job done. But never went into a year thinking we would be in THE game.

Rock,

Rock,

I understand your point of view, and I am not saying that you're wrong, but because WE care so much about the program, that shows to the current kids these days. WE make us relevent, WE remind them of our glory.... There are also alot of great things about Nebraska that have nothing to do with what we did 15 years ago.... The facilities are top of the line, Memorial Stadium is great (and getting better), and the biggest thing to me is the meaning of the team to the state. Kids these days love to be noticed, and glorified....In this state, as a Husker, they get that....

Nobody loves their football team like the people of Nebraska.... I could handle a rare National Championship, because I don't expect us to win 3 of 4 again, but I do expect us to compete for them on a regualr basis... Under Pelini, I think that we will contend for them.... When you are Nebraska, the rebound isn't going to happen as fast as it did for Bama, USC, and schools like that... But I really do believe it will happen for us....

I guess I don't understand the logic behind expecting to compete for a NC on a regular basis. TO didn't compete for a NC on a regular basis. If he's the standard for all coaches who come after him, then how can we logically expect to play for a NC on a regular basis?

I agree with you and won't even speak of a MNC until NU can become a legit contender for the Conference Crown first. Maybe after or during a good stretch where NU is either winning or very close to winning a CCG but still going to BCS games, then you can start to think about MNC's. And until we can at least win a CCG and play in (and hopefully win) a BCS game, we are irreleveant on the national level. In other words it takes baby steps, Divsion, Conference and then MNC. (unless you are Alabama, but don't get me started on that one.)

My guess he means in the hunt to be there. We all remember the good old days, and those good old days get better as the days get older.

But every year when Tom was here we thought we would be in the hunt. In honesty those days ended shortly have Tom left for me. I could see the recruiting failing with Coach Solich and hoped BC would get the job done. But never went into a year thinking we would be in THE game.

I haven't since 2001 because we haven't had the talent to get there since then. And it's no surprise that the seniors in 2001 were Tom's last class at NU.

Okay get off the crack pipe. Again I want Bo to stay, but to pay him more is highway robbery. He has won nothing, and as far as results, is so over paid it is senseless.

Win a CCG sometime, win a meaningful game against a top team ever. I mean teams that finish the year in the top ten, not ranked there at the time.

Hypothetically speaking, if Bo and the entire staff were to be canned tomorrow who does NU chase?

Brett Bielema. Word is it wouldn't take much to get him out of Madison.

I could believe it, especially with the new tacky windbreaker factory they're building near Lincoln and the Hostess distribution center thats slated for development. It'll soon be too much for Brett to ignore. Sadly we could lose the man.

Hypothetically speaking, if Bo and the entire staff were to be canned tomorrow who does NU chase?

I could believe it, especially with the new tacky windbreaker factory they're building near Lincoln and the Hostess distribution center thats slated for development. It'll soon be too much for Brett to ignore. Sadly we could lose the man.

Since this thread is pretty derailed as it is, I'd like to note that some San Francisco-based jerky and sausage company is building a factory here in the Scottsbluff area.

Since this thread is pretty derailed as it is, I'd like to note that some San Francisco-based jerky and sausage company is building a factory here in the Scottsbluff area.

Meat from San Francisco? No thanks.

Meat from San Francisco? No thanks.

No, the company is based in San Francisco. The meat is from here.