Picking the Hat

Glad we don't have recruits that would do something like this... Imagine the board after something like this!

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/recruiting/story/_/id/7376563/kass-everett-change-heart-picks-oklahoma-sooners?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I mean, I understand he has to do what's best for him... but picking the hat, then not saying a word and faxing his LOI papers to the other school?

It sounds like he just wanted some attention. Which he got. By being a jackass.

I don't know, sounds like he couldn't make his mind up, make a quick decision under pressure to announce, and then realized he had made a mistake. I am not a big fan of the hat routine in general, and I know his choice confused and upset a lot of people, but I am not sure it was an attention ploy.

While his teammate and roommate Gerald Bowman (Woodland Hills, Calif./Pierce College) was tweeting and posting on Facebook about signing with USC, Everett didn't have one social media message about joining the Texas Tech family.

Ahhhh. Maybe I misinterpreted the article. I took this to mean that his roommate was interfacing with social media friends--Facebook pals and tweeters--while nobody was making any noise about his TT decision. But as I reread it, it probably means that *he* was continuing silence on social media outlets just like his silence during the hat pick. Reading comprehension. Dohh!