Some answers to those pesky ?'s

ladyhawke

I thought so too, especially the point regarding the reason that Bo is on so many other teams' radar. I had no idea that is buyout was so low. THAT needs to be taken care of right away.

Some on here lately would argue the buyout is too much and needs to be lowered immediately....

Yeah, lets get rid of the 9 to 10 win seasons and chance our luck on another Callahan type of coach. :dumdum

I guess the common belief is we'll be able to hire a top tier coach even though we just fired a coach for winning 9-10 games every season. :dumdum

Well, we did just that in 2003 and look what it did for us....the Callahan years. So yeah, let's do it again.

I think he underestimates how easy Wisconsin's schedule is next year.

I think he's also overestimating the impact of losing a couple of assistant coaches.

Seriously, his analysis that Penn State should be the division favorite going into next year basically calls the entire rest of the article into question. What an idiotic thing to say at this point.

Um, yeah. Word out of State Penn is that they can't get a half way respectable coach to touch that place with a hundred foot pole. Local media there is in a tizzy. It is the last head coaching vacancy to be filled and word is it's because they are getting turned down left and right by their top choices and will have to settle big time with their selection.

I don't know... think about Wiscon losing their Heisman level RB, their Heisman level QB, their very highly regarded OC, and their very highly regarded Oline coach. That is a lot of talent to replace on the field and in the booth. Does it mean Penn St. will be better than them? I don't think you can say that because that program's coaching situation is so uncertain. But I don't think it's that outlandish.

I think he's also overestimating the impact of losing a couple of assistant coaches.

Seriously, his analysis that Penn State should be the division favorite going into next year basically calls the entire rest of the article into question. What an idiotic thing to say at this point.

I'll take the job!

As far as 2012 goes...

With OSU missing the CCG a la USC from this past year our division is going to come down to PSU and UW again. Both schools will be down from last year, I dunno Penn State's exact situation as far as players coming and going and what not but their HC position looks nasty and as far as we go the hits just keep on coming...from what I can see there are three games we could end up losing, @NU, v. OSU and v.MSU (maybe, they lose a lot though) and we might even drop a random one. It's looking to be about the same for PSU where the Lions could lose @Iowa, @ NU and v. OSU. Their OCS is also much tougher even though it won't matter but I could see them losing one, possibly to UVA. At any rate I think the race will come down to the UW@PSU game....too early to call it for now. I think Michigan wins the conference next year though.

I'll take the job!

As far as 2012 goes...

With OSU missing the CCG a la USC from this past year our division is going to come down to PSU and UW again. Both schools will be down from last year, I dunno Penn State's exact situation as far as players coming and going and what not but their HC position looks nasty and as far as we go the hits just keep on coming...from what I can see there are three games we could end up losing, @NU, v. OSU and v.MSU (maybe, they lose a lot though) and we might even drop a random one. It's looking to be about the same for PSU where the Lions could lose @Iowa, @ NU and v. OSU. Their OCS is also much tougher even though it won't matter but I could see them losing one, possibly to UVA. At any rate I think the race will come down to the UW@PSU game....too early to call it for now. I think Michigan wins the conference next year though.

I fully respect the beatdown that UW put on us this year. That said, their days of putting up 50-60 pts per game are over for a season or 2.