The same points that you made were said above about Bo doing much better with Callahan recruits. The only point we are trying to make is that we were more relevant under Solich than we are right now. We also cannot forget that most, if not all, the players in the NFL making an impact right now are Solich recruits (other than Suh...but he is busy paying fines so we don't need to discuss that here). Over here at Krakow, we bleed red. We love Bo, but sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and not look at the program through "fan colored glasses" and see it as an outsider would. And right now, the outsiders see sideline meltdowns, undisciplined play, and when the lights are brightest, we melt. Sad but true, and I don't know if the fix can truly come from the current staff.

I'm very pessimistic

What?!? No way! You get right out of town!

Give me a reason to be optimistic and I will be. What reason do we possibly have to be optimistic right now? I would really like to know.

One reason would be you leaving town. ^_^

Then who would keep all of you blind homers in line?

The same points that you made were said above about Bo doing much better with Callahan recruits. The only point we are trying to make is that we were more relevant under Solich than we are right now. We also cannot forget that most, if not all, the players in the NFL making an impact right now are Solich recruits (other than Suh...but he is busy paying fines so we don't need to discuss that here). Over here at Krakow, we bleed red. We love Bo, but sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and not look at the program through "fan colored glasses" and see it as an outsider would. And right now, the outsiders see sideline meltdowns, undisciplined play, and when the lights are brightest, we melt. Sad but true, and I don't know if the fix can truly come from the current staff.

I would like to know what "NFL talent" Solich recruited?

The Bullocks brothers. Chris Kelsay. Scott Shanle. Richie Incognito. Brandon Jackson. Josh Brown. Stewart Bradley. Demorrio Williams. I could go on, but all we are saying is that we are not ahead of where we were when Frank was here. We went an entire decade without winning a conference title, which has not happened here since the 1950's. Yes, much of that was on Callahan and Steve P., but some of the best defense Bo assembled was with Frank's players in 2003 as DC. Let's not argue, we should all get along. We all want the same thing, and that is Nebraska back on top and not an afterthought in the national media.

If you fire a coach after 4 nine-win seasons, what kind of coach do you think that you're going to get? You will get Bill Callahan again. Give the man time...he is way ahead of 99 percent of the coaches in college football. The question is going to be whether Nebraska can become attractive enough for elite athletes to come back here again after the Callahan debacle.

This is something I agree with. People are always looking for the quick fix and instant results and are not willing to wait for anything anymore. We have a young staff and they are growing into what could be a very good group in a few years. If we can keep the coaching staff together, it will pay off in the long run with wins and recruits.

We'll always have a young staff. They grow at NU, move on, and Bo promotes from within. A perpetual problem if u ask me. Don't try to use the young staff excuse, because it's a product of Bo's management.

can you do better???????

I'm very pessimistic

What?!? No way! You get right out of town!

Give me a reason to be optimistic and I will be. What reason do we possibly have to be optimistic right now? I would really like to know.

One reason would be you leaving town. ^_^

Then who would keep all of you blind homers in line?

Of course! :leghump:

The Bullocks brothers. Chris Kelsay. Scott Shanle. Richie Incognito. Brandon Jackson. Josh Brown. Stewart Bradley. Demorrio Williams. I could go on, but all we are saying is that we are not ahead of where we were when Frank was here. We went an entire decade without winning a conference title, which has not happened here since the 1950's. Yes, much of that was on Callahan and Steve P., but some of the best defense Bo assembled was with Frank's players in 2003 as DC. Let's not argue, we should all get along. We all want the same thing, and that is Nebraska back on top and not an afterthought in the national media.

I know we want the same thing, but I just want to make one last point. Incognito/ Bradley were the only one that Frank recruited that had good NFL careers. Shanle was a walk on and the rest were Osborne/Callahan guys. Bo used the last year of McBride's recruits in 2003. Cally is only responsible for 4 years out of 12 without a conference title, but you would think that he destroyed a decade, but he didn't. Frank was in a 4 year drought(2000-2003) and Bo just finished his 4th year without one, (2008-2011 and counting) so it's pretty even.

I have known for a while that Cotton needs to go, and have been on that band wagon because that was blatently obvious after hearing that we were still "developing" the offensive line after all these years. But I am starting to wonder if we need to go all the way to OC, because I still don't get Martinez - is he really the best we have? And if he is, what happened to the recruiting program that we don't have someone better than that? Martinez is no QB, he is an athlete. We need an offense that isn't reliant on Burkhead and whether Martinez decides to show up that day. We need an O-line that can open some holes and protect a passer - once we really have a real passer in the pocket.

I hope they have some plans to improve this defense also, because it is sliding down hill fast. All you have to do is look at where they are ranked in the NCAA in all the different catagories...it isn't pretty. That is not like a Nebraska team. As of now, they need to put the Blackshirts in the closet, and when they give them out to DESERVING players, and get away from this stupid idea that the whole defensive unit should have them, then bring them back. This was NO Blackshirt deserving defense. Look at the numbers. They kind of sucked. Even teams like Ohio State recognize individual acheivement, thus the buckeyes on the helmet. Why can't Nebraska do the same, and give out the Blackshirt to those who deserve to wear it, and if they quit being deserving, they turn them in? This idea that the whole starting defense should get them makes me puke. Especially when you have players running around in women's volleyball uniforms and bragging how they are so much better than, and could kick the ass' of the players that had the blackshirts before them and deserved them like we had a few years ago. PUT THE BLACKSHIRTS IN THE CLOSET! And leave them there, until we have a player that can dominate the opponent, and contributes to a team that is on the way to at least winning our division in the Big Ten.

PUT THE BLACKSHIRTS IN THE CLOSET! And leave them there, until we have a player that can dominate the opponent, and contributes to a team that is on the way to at least winning our division in the Big Ten.

I agree. The Blackshirts need to mean something. This year they should have only been given out to a few. If we play consistently well and win, then sure give them out to the entire unit.

We need to make top defensive players the main focus of our recruiting. Pelini should be getting the best defensive players out there to play for the Blackshirts. We have had some success with Juco's in this but I am not seeing it elsewhere.

I think we have made some strides in the WR position which was in need.

We have good talent at RB.

I still think we can always get a good dual threat-type QB in recruiting.

We need to grab top lineman on both sides of the ball.

I am concerned with this year's recruiting. Who is an impact player? Mo Seisay is probably the leader.