If you fire a coach after 4 nine-win seasons, what kind of coach do you think that you're going to get? You will get Bill Callahan again. Give the man time...he is way ahead of 99 percent of the coaches in college football. The question is going to be whether Nebraska can become attractive enough for elite athletes to come back here again after the Callahan debacle.

The defensive line needs improvement, not enough pressure on the QB.

This will never happen. It's Bo's defensive philosophy to only rush 4 guys every down. It's 6 on 4 every play for our defensive linemen. Not gonna get much pressure that way. People should just get used to this.

The problem is not really only rushing 4, although I agree that they need to mix in a blitz a little more. The problem is that we have under-sized D-tackles and ends that are too slow. On top of that they are playing position football and not really encouraged to go make a play. Ankrah is a perfect example. He was invisible throughout the year until they told him to just go out and try to make plays. Then he had a good Iowa game. We really need a 320 lb D-tackle to clog the middle! Even Rome, who I LOVED coming out of high school just gets shoved backward when he is in.

If you fire a coach after 4 nine-win seasons, what kind of coach do you think that you're going to get? You will get Bill Callahan again. Give the man time...he is way ahead of 99 percent of the coaches in college football. The question is going to be whether Nebraska can become attractive enough for elite athletes to come back here again after the Callahan debacle.

This is something I agree with. People are always looking for the quick fix and instant results and are not willing to wait for anything anymore. We have a young staff and they are growing into what could be a very good group in a few years. If we can keep the coaching staff together, it will pay off in the long run with wins and recruits.

This is something I agree with. People are always looking for the quick fix and instant results and are not willing to wait for anything anymore. We have a young staff and they are growing into what could be a very good group in a few years. If we can keep the coaching staff together, it will pay off in the long run with wins and recruits.

Our players need steroids.

We'll always have a young staff. They grow at NU, move on, and Bo promotes from within. A perpetual problem if u ask me. Don't try to use the young staff excuse, because it's a product of Bo's management.

I really do agree with this, you can't change coaches on a continual basis....but...after four years have you really seen any marked improvement. There is some in certain areas, but overall, I don't think we look any different then we did last year or the year before. And do you really expect next year to be much different?

I believe we all need to step back and realize this program is not at the level of Frank Solich. Under Solich, we had a Heisman, a conference title, and were much more relevant on the national stage. We are THIS close, after blowout losses to Michigan and Wisconsin on national TV, followed by an implosion against a second level SEC team, who did not play LSU or Alabama, to being an afterthought of the national media. This is where we were under Billy C!!!!!!

We'll always have a young staff. They grow at NU, move on, and Bo promotes from within. A perpetual problem if u ask me. Don't try to use the young staff excuse, because it's a product of Bo's management.

Very true. It's also funny that he wants to bash on Callahan when all the Bo's proven is that he can win with Callahan's leftovers. I'm very pessimistic to see what Bo's first team with no Callahan recruits on the team looks like next year.

There's a serious problem with our program right now, and until the people who have the power to change it and the fans start seeing things for what they really are (which is exactly what today's game should've done, but we've fallen to the point in our program's great tradition that we rationalize mediocracy and failure) our program can't get back to where it should be.

Our D Line is a bunch of average players. Period.

Offensively we can't have Martinez play the conservative role, it will never work.

Quit playing unskilled players like Thorell, Cassidy, Marlowe, and Kinnie.

---Main thing that lost us the game was the 2nd qtr meltdown when Abdullah fumbled, Maher missed FG, and hail mary TD. Should have been 23-9 Nebraska, yet it was 16-13 SC.

I believe we all need to step back and realize this program is not at the level of Frank Solich. Under Solich, we had a Heisman, a conference title, and were much more relevant on the national stage. We are THIS close, after blowout losses to Michigan and Wisconsin on national TV, followed by an implosion against a second level SEC team, who did not play LSU or Alabama, to being an afterthought of the national media. This is where we were under Billy C!!!!!!

Hey genius, those players that you speak of under Solich were handed to him by Osborne. We became a second rate team under Frank in 2002. Stop blaming everyone else for what Frank started with his crappy recruiting. Or did you forget losing to Iowa State, Ok State, Colorado, KSU, PSU, UT, and Old Miss? Then the only reason that NU made a bowl game because we played an FCS team in McNeese State? Our other wins were against the Juggernauts named Arizona State, Troy State, Utah State, Mizzou, aTm and KU. Now tell me that it was a dominating team? The worst part is that most people don't realize that the offense in 2003 was even WORSE than it was in 2002. The difference was that Bo's defense set a record in takeaways at 49.