State of Nebraska Football

The state of Nebraska football is this:

Nebraska used to have a bunch of big, tough, fast players. Now we don't.

Nebraska offensive lines used to be big, tough, mean and determined. Nebraska offensive lines used to wear down defenses and Nebraska owned the fourth quarter. Now Nebraska fades after the first quarter against good defenses.

Nebraska defenses used to dominate opponents. Now Nebraska defenses cannot control a running quarterback and cannot mount a pass rush.

This is the legacy that was left to Nebraska by Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan. Recruiting has become a large problem, as Nebraska lost its place in the elite of college football. Players used to come to Nebraska because it was...Nebraska. Now they don't come to Nebraska because it is...Nebraska.

Is Nebraska's fate to become the next Minnesota?

If I were to give you money out of my wallet, would that ease the pain?

I guess that I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Drinking early?

The same could be said about your post and thread

I guess I assumed that people might be intelligent enough to have a discussion here. i guess that I was wrong. Have fun bitching about inconsequential, trivial things...

If I were to give you money out of my wallet, would that ease the pain?

I guess that I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Drinking early?

The same could be said about your post and thread

He's pretty much saying our recruiting sucks and we are getting the leftovers that other programs don't want and worse wouldn't consider.

Look at Wisky. That was us. It is also the blue print for us. Big, strong O lineman. A mobile ie scrambling/jukeing QB who is a true dual threat. Goto sure handed receivers. AA RB (Rex).

On D, look to the SEC. Strong, fast and athletic. Look for DE who can run ie Wistrom from old, Clowney for new. NO 260 lb DE's. Get them light and fast.

Design a simplistic plan if needed that gets play makers on D. What happened to Smith, SJB, Cooper, Osbourne etc. If braniacs have to start over athletes simplify the plan. NOte to Bo, w/out SUH your game plan on D sucks. Learn a new one. Can the 2 gap crap, junk out your version of the WCO and get athletes on the field.

On O, watch game performance vs practice and find a balance. Design plays, even 1-2 per game, for a play maker (JT) t learn and use them. Find what the hell we are supposed to be on O and get there, QUICK.

Recruit as though your job depends on it. It just might.