Callahan says he made no throat-slashing gesture

Did anyone really expect him to come out and say it was a throat slash? I mean, would anyone really? It's easy to say yes to that question. I can't say I would have done the same thing, but I understand. That play was the pinnacle of what would end up being one of the worst called games ever. For both sides.

Callahan thinks his team didn't get their fair shake and was PO'ed about it. Can't say I disagree.

Oh and as far as being embarrased as a highly moral citizen :blink: of the highly moral state of Nebraska :blink: , eh, no not so much. He did it. I didn't. Maybe if he was an elected official of some sort. It kills me how people in this state think they are just the cats meow when it comes to stuff like this. Please.

Gee, FF  does that equate with LP and the caveman exhibition?  Wasn't that worse because it was to the physical detriment of another human being?  Name calling and obscene gestures will never hurt me but sticks and stones will, remember that saying?

Hey, I make no excuses for LP, he has some serious issues and what he did was wrong. He is a waste.

Was it ok for Pudllini to go pick on Snyder that decrepid old man  another check mark for an embarassing situation at NU.  It isn't just BC and the AD ya have to play equal with all the personnel past and present.

I didnt really care about this much, I thought it was stupid. IMO, getting in Snyders face was pretty cool, but whining about "running up the score" was lame, made him look like a puss.

Dont shoot the messenger here, like I said, I dont have any problem with what billy c did, just man up and admit it. But.....the national media probably will make a bigger issue out of it than what it is, that is where the ridicule will come. If he would have come clean and not tried to act deceptive about it, it wouldnt have been an issue at all, IMO.

Even if he did apologize for it, you think that would be enough to call off this Big 12 "investigation"? I doubt it.

No not at all, the Big 12 is on a witch hunt, and they may have got their witch.

I dont think it was a big deal, kind of funny, kind of cool. It would have been much better if he not denied it happened, its on tape :wacko:

Even if he did apologize for it, you think that would be enough to call off this Big 12 "investigation"? I doubt it.

Why do people have to turn football into a whiny wimpy sport? First people FEREAK

out over the Janet Jackson incedent, TO signing a ball, Moss fake mooning a crowd, and other events like this. People need to f'ing relax. If things like these really scar someone emotionally, then they should watch figure skating or crawl in a hole and disappear. I am so tired of this fake-offendedness ( or what ever you wish to call it) that people have brought into just about everything. Yes, I know, you can say this is a college sport and that there is no room for such things. I say, this is a game where people hit others as hard as they can with an intent to harm (yes they do), a sport where fans and players talk trash (we will kick your teams ass), and a sport where we have mascots like Savages. This is simply no big deal, and that a group of tie-wearing old farts is going to sit around a table and a question what they think a coach's intentions were, should be insulting to everyone. Nobody, but BC knows the intent of gesture. If you are one that says "I know for a fact that it was a slit your throat gesture", just go away cause YOU DO NOT KNOW. If it turns out that that was his intent, GOOD! The refs sucked, and were lucky that that is the only problems that they had from the Huskers bench.

Be a man, admit it. Leave the issue behind. Beat KU!! 

wow why didnt i think of that... good call... its over and done w/ now lets focus on KU!!!!

It is a good call. I wish Cally woulda thought of it. :wacko:

Instead he denied it, creating an issue from a non-issue and giving every Callahan basher from coast to coast more fodder.

Adding an un-needed distraction to a team that needs to focus on the next game, NOT some b.s. in the media. :wtf

Theres quite a bit of whining goin on by way of the hillbillies, in regards to Cally's apparent "throat slash" gesture. Rembmer that? It was when he was goin irate about the eleventeenth missed holding call that led to the final TD.

I think he was just making a reference to the way his players were being held. what do you guys think? I say F the hillbillies.

Vid: http://media.putfile.com/Callahan-throat-slash

I don't see nothign about that, that resembles holding. I think he did it personally, not that he meant he wants to kill the ref but he acts out in dumb ways when things don't go his way.

Theres quite a bit of whining goin on by way of the hillbillies, in regards to Cally's apparent "throat slash" gesture. Rembmer that?  It was when he was goin irate about the eleventeenth missed holding call that led to the final TD. 

I think he was just making a reference to the way his players were being held. what do you guys think? I say F the hillbillies.

Vid: http://media.putfile.com/Callahan-throat-slash

I don't see nothign about that, that resembles holding. I think he did it personally, not that he meant he wants to kill the ref but he acts out in dumb ways when things don't go his way.

You gotta be kidding me. :dumdum

On that play in particular:

1) McKeon was wrestled to the groud

2) Someone had a fist full of Moore jersey for more than 5 seconds

3) A OU WR WAS f'ing PULLING ON GRIXBY'S LEFT ARM AS THE RB WENT BY.

Stick to coaching baseball.