I think fans expect unrealistic results

Not one sane person would have picked nu to win a national title. Most preseason picked us to go 8-?/9-?....so what's the fuss about? We have a young team and young staff and can't recruit sec top atheletes at every position every year. It took the great Tom osborne 20 years to get it just right to win. People need to settle down. Did I expect to win them all?....yep...will we win them all?...nope. Be patient and let coaches be coaches. It's obvious certain things need addressing but its not as doom and gloom as it seems. Firing all your coaches for going 9-4 is exactly what set nu back a decade. We don't have the ability to recruit and bounce right back from a program overhaul in a year or two. It is a 5-10 year upward battle to build a program back up. People forget nebraska is not a tourist destination. Kids don't come here easily. Can't wait for next year! GBR

• Fire 6

you are exactly right, the win totals have been about on par but lets look at some loses.

Wisconsin 48-17, lost over 4 TDs

Michigan lost by 4 TDs

South Carolina lost by 17

Northwestern lost by 3, after we beat Michigan St and controlled our own destiny in the division race.

We lost 4 games by a combined total of 79 points. thats getting blown out.

Bottom line is we finished 4th in the BIG 10, and this conference isnt exactly the SEC. We are further away then most people thought. I cant blame fans for being upset when the teams continues to play bad at least 6-7 games a year. Now recruiting has turned into a issue, the team is undisciplined, player getting ejected on national TV, it was embarrassing and thats not what we a paying Pelini millions to put out on the field. I think most husker fans have lowered our expectation, but if you think we should except mediocrity and being just another team then thats crazy. How about Pelini turns into "Head Coach" and not a defensive coordinator and goes out an hires more qualified assistants and not just his high school buddies from Youngstown Ohio, this is not Youngstown St. Now yes that was sarcastic but it gets my point across. Like i have stated i will continue to support Bo and hope he can learn from some of the mistakes and turn into a good coach.

you are exactly right, the win totals have been about on par but lets look at some loses.

Michigan lost by 4 TDs

Northwestern lost by 3, after we beat Michigan St and controlled our own destiny in the division race.

Bottom line is we finished 4th in the BIG 10, and this conference isnt exactly the SEC. We are further away then most people thought. I cant blame fans for being upset when the teams continues to play bad at least 6-7 games a year. Now recruiting has turned into a issue, the team is undisciplined, player getting ejected on national TV, it was embarrassing and thats not what we a paying Pelini millions to put out on the field. I think most husker fans have lowered our expectation, but if you think we should except mediocrity and being just another team then thats crazy. How about Pelini turns into "Head Coach" and not a defensive coordinator and goes out an hires more qualified assistants and not just his high school buddies from Youngstown Ohio, this is not Youngstown St. Now yes that was sarcastic but it gets my point across. Like i have stated i will continue to support Bo and hope he can learn from some of the mistakes and turn into a good coach.

how many youngstown guys do we have now? beck...who else now that carl is gone? honest question... I dont know the answer

Michigan lost by 4 TDs

how many youngstown guys do we have now? beck...who else now that carl is gone? honest question... I dont know the answer

I was being sarcastic, i think now that Carl is gone its just Beck, i was trying to imply it seems we hire alot of guys he has ties to that are not maybe the most proven guys. Turning the offense over to Beck when we could have tried to hire a big name, same with moving Papuchis to d coordinator instead of going after someone more proven and moves like that. I know he is very loyal to his coaches but i think it kind of hurts us at times

Can anyone guess what our record is over the last 17 games? It blew my mind when someone told me. I still support Bo, i just hope he rights the ship.

btw, I dont think anyone here really thought we would go undefeated this season. Most would have been happy with a conf championship and a solid BCS performance.

Not one sane person would have picked nu to win a national title. Most preseason picked us to go 8-?/9-?....so what's the fuss about? We have a young team and young staff and can't recruit sec top atheletes at every position every year. It took the great Tom osborne 20 years to get it just right to win. People need to settle down. Did I expect to win them all?....yep...will we win them all?...nope. Be patient and let coaches be coaches. It's obvious certain things need addressing but its not as doom and gloom as it seems. Firing all your coaches for going 9-4 is exactly what set nu back a decade. We don't have the ability to recruit and bounce right back from a program overhaul in a year or two. It is a 5-10 year upward battle to build a program back up. People forget nebraska is not a tourist destination. Kids don't come here easily. Can't wait for next year! GBR

TO wasn't making millions either. It's different today. We pay these coaches a ton of money to win NOW, not in 3 or 4 or 20 years. Why can't we recruit SEC type players? LSU, and Bama keep reloading, OU stays in the hunt every year, and so should we. Bo needs to step his game up before we start losing all of our recruits to Ohio St., Michigan and Wisconsin. Also, if it's a 5-10 year upward battle then what happened to Turner Gill at KU. They too want to compete and win NOW, not in 10 years.

TO wasn't making millions either. It's different today. We pay these coaches a ton of money to win NOW, not in 3 or 4 or 20 years. Why can't we recruit SEC type players? LSU, and Bama keep reloading, OU stays in the hunt every year, and so should we. Bo needs to step his game up before we start losing all of our recruits to Ohio St., Michigan and Wisconsin. Also, if it's a 5-10 year upward battle then what happened to Turner Gill at KU. They too want to compete and win NOW, not in 10 years.

do you honestly feel like KU made a good decision?

I actually expected this team to lose 5 or 6 games this year so they did better then my expectations. However this team has a long ways to go to get to the level I'd like to see the Huskers playing at. Yeah I dream of another 90's TO like dynasty but realistically I'd like to see us at least compete for a conference title and finish in the top ten.

I question if this team and this coaching staff are capable of that in the next 2 to 3 years though.

do you honestly feel like KU made a good decision?

No, I don't. But the word is some people did not like Turner being hired. He was under a microscope right off the bat. He had to win big right away to stand a chance. My point is you can't wait 5-10 years today. There is too much money involved. When you lose, these programs lose big. It's all a business now.

I actually expected this team to lose 5 or 6 games this year so they did better then my expectations. However this team has a long ways to go to get to the level I'd like to see the Huskers playing at. Yeah I dream of another 90's TO like dynasty but realistically I'd like to see us at least compete for a conference title and finish in the top ten.

I question if this team and this coaching staff are capable of that in the next 2 to 3 years though.

I think.... and hope... that they answer that question next year.

Michigan lost by 4 TDs

I was being sarcastic, i think now that Carl is gone its just Beck, i was trying to imply it seems we hire alot of guys he has ties to that are not maybe the most proven guys. Turning the offense over to Beck when we could have tried to hire a big name, same with moving Papuchis to d coordinator instead of going after someone more proven and moves like that. I know he is very loyal to his coaches but i think it kind of hurts us at times

I think that Bo is a very proven defensive coach, and we all know who wears the pants on the defensive side of the ball...

I think.... and hope... that they answer that question next year.

Michigan lost by 4 TDs

I think that Bo is a very proven defensive coach, and we all know who wears the pants on the defensive side of the ball...

I agree 100% but it would have been nice to have another guy that has a proven track record with a little different philosophy so they can bounce ideas off each other. I like the idea of having other coaches that have different perspectives so that way you are always evolving and learning as a coach. Otherwise you can get set in your ways and become complacent. But that my opinion, not saying that maybe that doesnt already go on with the current staff we have in place.

Michigan lost by 4 TDs

this would be an obvious understatement.....point on.

I predicted 3-4 losses before the year even started. I didn't predict 3 blowouts and a loss at home to Northwestern. I don't think it helped that ESPN and Sports Illustrated had hyped us up so big before the ball had even been kicked off. Then you have Taylor Martinez talking about winning championships which really doesn't make any sense to me why that kid would be talking about anything like that. Husker fans have high expectations. That's just a fact. Most fan bases do. Getting pissed after disgraceful losses like we've had is only natural for most fans. It's the fans that want someone fired after every loss, or want a change at every position after each loss., those fans are a bit ridiculous.