Now what?

No hard feeling on my end. Some people get defensive on here if you criticize or talk about Bo's or the teams mistakes. Over the last week, i see why some people are tired of hearing it. Props for being cool about it. We all blow up some times, its the real men who knew how to say sorry and move on.

I understand what you are saying about the stars. I know players are developed, stars is just saying you have a better starting point to develop those players, not that they are guaranteed to be any better than a 3 star after 5 years. As for sites, I knew a guy that did evals for schools and companies like rivals, but this was like 7 years ago. He watched most game films their jr and sr year. How rivals or scouts does it now, I dont know. Why the different scores between sites? It just matters who evals the kid and what their opinion is. As we all know, opinions are far from facts, which is why I understand stars are not the end-all be-all of recrutiing. You cant score "heart" and who will develop them (or lack of).

As for Jucos, Thanks Mavric, I was too lazy to look at all of them. Im not going to lie, I am surprised by the numbers, I figured they would be 1-2 out of all those schools. I was wrong, fully admitted. I dont hate Jucos, I just wish we could have nabbed them 2-3 years ago. No-one can deny Bo is good with Jucos, I just wish he was just as good with HS recruits.

Overall I agree with you on most points. I guess after last year, I was just hoping for mostly 4 and 1-2 5 stars. Maybe my expectations were too high and i bought into all the hype. Oh well, here is to hoping we get Peat, fuller and can hold onto Westerkamp.

As for Jucos, Thanks Mavric, I was too lazy to look at all of them. Im not going to lie, I am surprised by the numbers, I figured they would be 1-2 out of all those schools. I was wrong, fully admitted. I dont hate Jucos, I just wish we could have nabbed them 2-3 years ago. No-one can deny Bo is good with Jucos, I just wish he was just as good with HS recruits.

Overall I agree with you on most points. I guess after last year, I was just hoping for mostly 4 and 1-2 5 stars. Maybe my expectations were too high and i bought into all the hype. Oh well, here is to hoping we get Peat, fuller and can hold onto Westerkamp.

No problem. I agree with you on that - I'd rather have guys on campus for 4-5 years but grabbing a couple JUCOs each year seems to work out pretty well. Definitely don't want to go overboard.

According to Rivals, we're currently #12 when ranked by average stars. Adding Peat would give us the 5* you talked about and would currently put us up to #8. I'm not totally sold on star ratings either but that's about all we have to go by for now. Rivals currently shows only 15 5* recruits are committed to ANY school so they are pretty hard to come by. Bama has 3, Florida St. & Texas have two each and no one else has more than one.

haven't seen cotton play and know little about him, but his bloodlines indicate he should be a good pick-up. his dad played in the NFL. his oldest brother looks to be an NFL quality TE (has the size and blocking ability along with good hands). his next older brother looks to be a quality D1 OL that would have played as a freshman if he hadn't gotten hurt. i'd say there's a pretty good chance sam will earn his scholarship. i understand the kneejerk concern about any unsung signees from nebraska, but this one just makes sense.

No problem. I agree with you on that - I'd rather have guys on campus for 4-5 years but grabbing a couple JUCOs each year seems to work out pretty well. Definitely don't want to go overboard.

According to Rivals, we're currently #12 when ranked by average stars. Adding Peat would give us the 5* you talked about and would currently put us up to #8. I'm not totally sold on star ratings either but that's about all we have to go by for now. Rivals currently shows only 15 5* recruits are committed to ANY school so they are pretty hard to come by. Bama has 3, Florida St. & Texas have two each and no one else has more than one.

If Bo closes this class the way it seems he might, this class should have an average star rating around 3.5 or better just like last year. If you want to get an indication of how that correlates to the top teams then check out the Average Stars Thread in this forum. Bo is bringing in plenty of talent. Hopefully he and his staff close this class out in similar fashion.