Locally produced Husker television show

I have gotton permission from the Omaha Metro 23 television studios to produce a tv show regarding Husker sports and recruiting, similiar to Big Red Wrapup in a block of 1 hour time. The slot is either a 6pm on Thursday or a 8pm on friday. They said i need about 3-5 people to operate the different equipment from cameras, lights, and sound. No experience is neccessary and the studio people are more then happy to train the volunteers how to use the equipment.

The only thing i need left to do is get permission from the Huskers athletic department to use different segments like tv games, radio boradcasts, etc to air on the show. The show most likely be monitored by the athletic department to make sure nothing illegal is said during the show that gets the university in trouble

I was curious how many people live in the Omaha area and would be tunning in to watch the tv show and whether you guys think it would be a good idea to have another husker talk show since there is Big Red Wraup and Harrah's sports soundoff

Thoughts..opinions are welcome.

Nameless, I think it is a great idea. I would definately watch and I know many others would as well, especially if their is recruiting info. I love hearing who we have a good chance with etc. I really think you should try to push for it because I think it would be great. I also love the info you provide here on the site as well. Thanks and good luck getting it going. Let us know when you here something back whether it works or not and what times it will be on. Good Luck

I agree, very good idea. You will naturally draw a lot of interest initially, b/c there is always room for more Husker talk. But the key to keeping viewers & getting more will of course be based on the entertainment value. So you have to either have a niche, or a gimmick. I actually had been toying with the same idea several yrs ago when I lived in Lincoln, but never found the time to make it happen. But I do have some ideas for the show I could share to help get it going - we can talk more later.

Hey, in the meantime has anyone thought about doing a Husker podcast? There are several sites that offer free podcasting services, and I've never seen one dedicated to the 'skers. For those that dont know what it is, basically its like your own virtual radio show. The audio feed goes through your PC, and its recorded & served to the web for easy access & MP3 dload. I think that would be a pretty easy way to test out some material & get the feel for your format, & also gauge interest. It would also make it more accessible to people outside of Omaha. If anyones up for it let me know and I'd be willing to design a simple website for it, and provide the hosting.

Hey, in the meantime has anyone thought about doing a Husker podcast? There are several sites that offer free podcasting services, and I've never seen one dedicated to the 'skers. For those that dont know what it is, basically its like your own virtual radio show. The audio feed goes through your PC, and its recorded & served to the web for easy access & MP3 dload. I think that would be a pretty easy way to test out some material & get the feel for your format, & also gauge interest. It would also make it more accessible to people outside of Omaha. If anyones up for it let me know and I'd be willing to design a simple website for it, and provide the hosting.

That's a great idea.