The other side of the throat slash

NUpolo8

Seriously, what was the ref doing walking over to the sidelines and engaging the coach (any coach) like that? And by the way, that was a blatant missed call that killed NU;s chances. Killed it as much as Taylor's pick or the FG fake. Period. I do not condone Callahan doing that particular gesture, but he was pissed. Pelini probably would be in jail for battery right now, and Solich would have tried to climb up to the ref's face to punch it.

And, as fans, lets all take a deep breath here. NU is 5-3, you can only play whom you are scheduled, and KU is in 4 days. I am pissed they lost, but in my opinion this team is 7-1 if these two things happen.

-McKeon tackles LeKevin Smith after the TEch INT

-There was ONE holding call last Sat.

Seriously, what was the ref doing walking over to the sidelines and engaging the coach (any coach) like that?  And by the way, that was a blatant missed call that killed NU;s chances.  Killed it as much as Taylor's pick or the FG fake.  Period.  I do not condone Callahan doing that particular gesture, but he was pissed.  Pelini probably would be in jail for battery right now, and Solich would have tried to climb up to the ref's face to punch it.

And, as fans, lets all take a deep breath here.  NU is 5-3, you can only play whom you are scheduled, and KU is in 4 days.  I am pissed they lost, but in my opinion this team is 7-1 if these two things happen.

-McKeon tackles LeKevin Smith after the TEch INT

-There was ONE holding call last Sat.

:yeah I agree. I know a lot of coaches that would have reacted with a much more negative gesture than BC did. He had watched a lot of missed calls before he erupted. Maybe the gesture wasn't politically correct , but damn what is he supposed to do invite the guy over for tea?

Isn't the fact that the "throat slash" was missed by the officials, the epitome of their incompetence? They missed all those holding calls, why would they see that? Just thought it was ironic that the Big 12 is getting involved over something that would result in a 15 yard penalty, but are doing nothing about the missed holdings that would result in 10 yard penalties. Whatever, bring on the robots. :lol:

I just can not believe this whole thing has been so blown out of proportion. I do not think it was a throat slash. I think he was argueing for a holding call. Just one would have been nice.

It is amazing how in a rebuilding year the fans are so impatient and unreasonable.

Facts:

1. we are better than last year

2. The freshmen look real good.

3. we have narrowed the margin of defeat to some very quality opponents

4. we are avenging some losses as well.

5. Kst is down the road and a great opportunity to exact some revenge on someone who needs it desperately.

Relax husker fans we are moving in the right direction. No one said it was going to be a smooth ride

You are right, We should be patient, but there is NO WAY IN HELL that the teams, coaches, or fans need to be subjected to some of the worst officiating that I have ever witnessed.

NOTE: I did not say NEBRASKA does not hold and get away with it at times. I do not believe that our guys are angels either and commit no wrong.

Does anyone have the stat on how many times our offense has been called vs the other teams.

If we are getting called for holding alot, we need to chew the coaches arses for not teaching the proper holding moves, cause ZACH is getting KILLED.

The BIG X12 really neads to address this and find out WHY so many calls are being missed. dedhoarse

THIS IS JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

1) Did the refs get together and decide to have their own little protest against the trial of "instant replay" and call a looser game., or

2)were they told by the conference higher ups to be a little easier on certain calls because they were going to review a certain amount of plays a game and the time limits of the TV contracts say. "we must have games finished in a reasonably predictable time frame or we will not be able to satisify our air time for other games causing monetary damage, causing us to leave your games prematurely and give the air time to other conferences games." with these considerations you must decide if you want a very long game with penalties and replay or just one of the other. I would think that they would want the longest games possible and charge different rates for the later commercials are ran :sarcasm

(NO I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY CONTRACT OR CARE TO. THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL AND TO GIVE THE CONSPIRICY BELIEVERS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT OR WORRY ABOUT BESIDES WHO SHOT JFK.) :wasted

I TRUELY BELIEVE THAT IF THEY MAKE PUBLIC ANY RESULTS OF THEIR INVESTIGATION AGAINST BC, THEY NEED TO MAKE PUBLIC WHAT CAME ABOUT FROM THE CHILDISH BEHAVIOR THAT THAT OLD BASTARD OF A REF DISPLAYED.

LET THE PLAYERS PLAY AND THE BEST TEAM WILL WIN. CALL THE GAME FAIR AND EVERYONE WILL GO HOME KNOWING THAT THEY PLAYED 11 VS 11 AND THE BEST TEAM WON. WE ALWAYS HAVE SAID THAT THE GAME IS 4 QTRS LONG AND BOTH TEAMS WILL GET A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF BREAKS AND IT IS WHAT YOU DO WITH YOURS THAT WILL DETERMINE IF YOU GO HOME HAPPY OR SAD.

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

For your info, we have had one holding call called against the opposition and that was at baylor, i even heard that the abc commentators said something about it. Maybe we should find and email address for the big twelve and who ever is in charge of the officials and flood their inbox with that stat. It has to be embarrassing for abc announcers, who normally cant find their way out of a mcdonalds parking lot, to bring up a stat like that. Shame on you big twelve. The officiating is the worse i have seen in my entire life of watching football at any level. High school refs are better than this.

If there are a number of blatant missed calls the refs wont be back. Also a history of the crew receiveing poor reports will help the cause. REmember the Crouch incident in '98, those refs are no where to be found.

I thought I read somewhere that Usechek was the ref in that game also. He's the one that missed that blatant facemask.