New commit-LeRoy Alexander

This may be one of those kids we have to trust the coaches on. I'm guessing we knew of him and just decided to offer this weekend. Perhaps the coaches are tired of the games a few of the other recruits are playing and wanted to make a statement. On the other hand maybe a few recruits said no to Nebr and we took Leroy to fill a need. I don't think he is a kid who can come in and play this fall from looking at film, but he has the measurables to be good. Tall with good speed, if he has the heart he'll do well.

There was talk with him that he had some trouble with transferring schools and didn't get to play right away his sr. year. I am not sure on all the details but it is something to that effect. Its had been said that he would of had a bigger and better scolly numbers from better schools if it wasn't for all that. i think he will start at corner but he might put on some weight and be able to switch to some saftey.

This may be one of those kids we have to trust the coaches on. I'm guessing we knew of him and just decided to offer this weekend. Perhaps the coaches are tired of the games a few of the other recruits are playing and wanted to make a statement. On the other hand maybe a few recruits said no to Nebr and we took Leroy to fill a need. I don't think he is a kid who can come in and play this fall from looking at film, but he has the measurables to be good. Tall with good speed, if he has the heart he'll do well.

Trust the coaches is exactly right. I saw film of Alexander and was underwhelmed to say the least. I'd feel better about this kid getting offered if at the minimum he had several mac scholarships in hand. But he doesn't. The kid had one offer from Toledo. Well Toledo and Nebraska.

:ahhhhhhhh