I keep getting errors when quoting

husker_99

OK, let's try to sort this out. BBcode will not get processed if enclosed them in

tags, so next time you get an instance of this, copy and paste the entire post between a set of those tags, and post it here. Like this:

[quote][quote]test[/quote]

Would help us isolate the source of the problem - if it's your end, or software end. I know you say it's not your end, but this would be proof since we could then reproduce the error.

Also, let us know if you're posting from a computer or mobile device.

I had this same problem on a post I had with several quotes. I changed one of the sets from [ quote ] ... [ /quote] (without the spaces, of course) to just a " ... " and it worked fine. I tried to change them back to the coded quotes but it wouldn't work. Never could figure it out so I left one of them as " ... " and went on with life.

That is exactly it! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

It won't allow the post to go through if this error occurs, so I don't think pointing to already-made posts will be much help. But knapp nailed it: you can't have more than 5 quotes in a post.

Just think about trimming a few. Quote pyramids make threads hard to read.

How many quotes were in the reply? We changed to number of maximum quotes in a reply to five recently. If there was a string of more than five, maybe that's what caused the problem.

Can you tell us which post this was?

Can't remember the post but i didn't know you changed the max. quotes. probably what is was. thanks.