Husker baseball expectations?

Jaybird

My biggest fear is us dropping to the level of B1G play. There is no reason why we shouldnt win this conference every season, but I'm worried we may be getting into regionals and being dropped 1st round.

it will be interesting to see. as the big 12 week in and week out was typically a tough contest. not to many gimmes. i would expect that the conference rise rather than us fall. i think with big ten network coverage and espn getting more involved with college baseball that more coverage will help grow the sport. I think people enjoy college baseball. its more exciting and more pure than the mlb and those that are die hard mlb fans can watch to see which guys go where and root for their team to get a guy or 2. Anyway i hope there is more growth as a whole for the big10 than just being a non progression conference

Finish 2nd in the conference by 1 or 2 games......2nd or 3rd in the tournament......and complain for a year about not making NCAAs as the 2nd best team in the conference.

There is no reason this team (in this conference) should not be completing for the title.

Echo my feelings.

Nebraska WILL win the B1G regular season title. If they do well enough in the non con (I have no idea what to expect early on), they'll make post season even if they don't win the tourney but if they struggle some, they'll need to win the tourney as well.

The Big Ten is a one bid conference in baseball, just like the 16th best conferences in basketball is a 1 bid conference. Unless we lose <8 games all year and somehow don't win the autobid, we won't be getting an at-large. The one benefit that the Big Ten does give us is the northern feel. The NCAA always wants to try and put at least 1 regional up north (hence how St Johns and Michigan have hosted as a 2 seed) and Nebraska can now fit that "northern" role for the NCAA and a solid resume could result in a regional here in Lincoln.

Right now I am expecting to get to the B1G tournament and NCAA tournament even if we don't win the conference i think if we win the right games we can make it and just maybeeeee 2 teams will make the big dance. IMO we will have a good team this year and should be able to get to 40 wins pretty easily. With Rich Sanguinetti following Will Bolt here, he will be a big help on offense being the 2011 Region XIV Conference Player of the Year.