NU survives late Notre Dame bid for Westerkamp

Nexus

Might sound a little gay ... but when I read the article and got to the end and read this ... it brought a tear to my eye. I guess for me that once your heart beats "red" ... you get it!

"Later, around midnight, Jordan came to ask Kim a question.

Mom, he said, would you be mad if I picked Nebraska?

I'll be mad if you don't make your own decision, she answered. So go with your heart.

Monday, Jordan went on Twitter, typed "GBR" and settled it."

Nice. I hope he just tears things up.

"Beck told me where the offense is going — and how they're going to institute throwing the ball a lot more," Jordan said. "And where I can fit in — I can play all over the field. X, Z, whatever. Inside or outside. It was a great opportunity. Everything Coach Beck and I talked about made me feel more comfortable."

As much as I defend Martinez from undeserved/unbased criticism, that scares me a little bit. But with a guy like Westerkamp, you can't just leave him to block all day long.

Maybe Tommy could surpass Martinez for the QB position

Great read. This was a bit of a throwback McKewon article, reminding me of some of the stuff he wrote at nestatepaper, before OWH reigned his style in. Everybody should check it out.

I'm very excited to see Westerkamp play. I'm not sure about the redshirt issue... Seems like he knows the position well enough that he could come in and contribute right away, but we have enough potential at the WR position right now without him that I wouldn't mind seeing him redshirt either. The future of the offense seems pretty bright, for the first time in a while.