Jesus and abortion

That's just a crazy analysis. Any time you use the word Nazi people think of evil in such a grand scale. When did you see such carnage based on Christ. I know you guys just love the Crusades, get over that, that was in the middle ages. People and faith ahv echanged ove rthe years. :dis

Your argument is "who cares it happened a long time ago?" Do you think that faith has changed for the better over the years? As in . . . the further we get from the time of Christ walking the earth the better Christians have behaved?

Weak.

I'm pretty sure God has enough understanding to ultimately do the right thing with me and I just don't think he can take much offense at my attempts to defend attacks on Mary or her son.

Who is attacking Jesus? I think you might be confusing criticism of modern Christianity with criticism of Jesus. They are most definitely not synonymous.

I feel sorry for you that you no longer feel close to God and don't want to go to church. But you only look at the negative side of religion, no wonder you have such a bad view of God. Maybe you just need a positive story so I will give you one.

I don't go to church anymore and I really don't consider myself religious. I believe the teachings of Christ are meritorious and I generally treat people the way Jesus taught us to treat people.

I also have almost exclusively good thoughts towards my Christian friends. I didn't just wake up one day thinking they were evil – on the contrary, I consider them to be wonderful, great people.

I just got to a point in my life where the mounting evidence against the mythological aspect of religion became too great to ignore. There were some deeply personal things that happened in the last year that also very much changed my view of things. Despite that, I still see merit to The Church, the religious and religion in general.

I guess what I'm saying is, there doesn't have to be a black-and-white separation. You can be non-religious and still be friends with, be married to, and respect the religious. I don't see any merit to a rancorous relationship with those who have different beliefs than me.

Sorry if that's all pedantic. I'm sure it's nothing more than most everyone already knows.

• Fire 1
Did anyone here claim that the Bible was written or dictated by Jesus? Your non-point doesn't explain dick. If wire coathangers hadn't advanced to plastic, maybe your mother would've done us all a big favor.
....as a mod, I'm going to have to warn you against personal attacks against other people. that being said, there are both pro-abortion and anti-abortion stories/rules in the Bible. It's a huge book of contradictions. When it comes to passing laws in our country, I ask everyone to look at the reasons for their point of view. If they're religious based...if you have to say "god tells us (fill in the blank)"... I think you have no right to push those views into laws. Whether it be abortion, same-sex marriage, etc.
Fine. Are you going to also warn redblooded for advocating for the abortion of Jesus and basically waging a personal attack on all Christians? What's good for the goose...... And BTW, that wasn't a personal attack. I am the one against abortion in this discussion and he is the one apparently for it. How dare I suggest he being willing to suffer the consequences of what he proposes. I have dealt with this issue in the context it was presented. I can't help it if people jump to conclusions and make assumptions about what laws others may or may not push. And, as far as I know, I have all the same rights you or anyone else does and I can be for or against any law I see fit, for any reason I see fit. If it happens to be a religion based belief, I guess other people simply have to deal with that. I've never understood the position that simply because a person does not have a religion to base a belief on, why that makes their position somehow more valid. I think you have no right to say others have no right.
LOLx2, Once because I said Jesus neither wrote nor dictated the bible and that basically nullified the original post's bait and second for taking mine. Yeah Aborting Jesus would have only saved everyone that died in the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Salem witch trials, the Jews in WW2 and countless other people in catholic and protestant wars alike their lives. But yes, please warn me on a message board for making a joke about aborting the cause of it all. (I'd die a thousand times over, now not just in the womb, to not have that suffering plague the world) That's Jesus y'all lets celebrate him in some man made institution that wants our money every sunday so we can pretend he takes a bow for us being good as long as we continue carrying on that hatred of all other religions that aren't "right." Then with our taxes we can fund the largest military in the world to blow them up to expedite our expelling them from "heaven". Marry is the greatest trap artist in the history of the world... not only did she get some moron to marry her before she gave birth to her "Immaculate conception" but she got him to be okay with it and convinced millions upon millions of morons thousands of years later to not only go along with it but that he was the son of (and) god himself. If that broad tried to get away with that now she'd be on Springer and/or Maury, and rightfully so, yet those are the 2000 year old people you're worshiping. Good luck with that. (ps thanks for learning how to press the "quote" button. That only took what, three months?).

The Christians killed the jews in WW2? I think you got a hold of the wrong history book. :dunno

That's just a crazy analysis. Any time you use the word Nazi people think of evil in such a grand scale. When did you see such carnage based on Christ. I know you guys just love the Crusades, get over that, that was in the middle ages. People and faith ahv echanged ove rthe years. :dis
Your argument is "who cares it happened a long time ago?" Do you think that faith has changed for the better over the years? As in . . . the further we get from the time of Christ walking the earth the better Christians have behaved? Weak.

I am saying you guys harp back to the same old line when you can't think of anyhting else to say. I will say that this site only reinforces my faith in what the bible says. In the end days very few will be believers and they will be mocked and ridiculed. As was stated earlier less and less people in the world are believers which follows the bibles story line, you are just helping out in your own little way Carlfense, thanks! :thumbs

That's my point. If it's true Jesus never talked about it then to me it's clear that it wasn't an issue back then. BUT the all knowing Jesus/God would know it would be one day and would talk about it. So this would be just another obvious hole in the plot. Not as sloppy as Mormons saying native americans are Jews...but still sloppy writing. :)

If your point with this thread is to poke holes in Christianity, there are far better ways to do so than with this line of thinking. The very easy explanation is that an All-Knowing God would know about the future inventions of iPods, but didn't put Thou Shalt Not Pirate MP3s in the Bible because his audience at the time it was written would have had no clue what he was talking about. Give the God of All Creation more credit for knowing His audience than that. ;)

Cute reply. :)

However stealing clearly covers piracy and really no one denys that. Back in that day he could have said it in a way that still covers abortion today. Like...Thou shall not attempt to end the life of a baby inside a woman as it is the same as killing the woman.

OK, so try this on for size:

Exodus 20:13 - "Thou shalt not kill."

Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

God knew you before you were born. Therefore you were a person before you were born.

You are not helping out your cause!! :funnyhahah

The Christians killed the jews in WW2? I think you got a hold of the wrong history book. :dunno

Well....... people calling themselves Christians did. But genocide isn't exactly among Jesus' teachings, so it's pretty hard for the Nazis to support that argument. Even today I believe most neo-Nazis believe or espouse Christian basis for their beliefs. It's pretty weird if you ask me.

My answer to this was always along the lines of, if I walk up to carlfense and punch him in the jaw and say, "I did this in the name of johnnyrodgers20," who is to blame? johnnyrodgers or me? Obviously me, but for some reason in the world of online debate the person (or entity) whose name the action was taken in receives the blame. Not sure why that happens, other than it reinforces a previously-held belief. I guess.

Christians who do bad things don't do them because they are Christian. They do them because they ignore the teachings of their leader. It's opposite of what they are supposed to be. Kind of like watching an Oklahoma vs. Nebraska game and rooting for the Sooners. Wouldn't make me much of a Nebraska fan, would it?

My cause is only to have a conversation. I'm not "for" anything, nor am I "against" anything - as long as the things we're talking about aren't inherently harmful. Christianity (or Islam, or Buddhism, etc) aren't inherently harmful. They can be twisted to become harmful, but that's more the fault of the one doing the twisting than anything else. Puppies are pretty much harmless, but I suppose if I tried hard enough I could use one to kill someone. Doesn't mean anything other than that I am willing to misuse something for my own ends.

I'm not Christian, but I'm not anti-Christian. Most of my friends are Christian and I love them dearly. I just believe different things.

My cause is only to have a conversation. I'm not "for" anything, nor am I "against" anything - as long as the things we're talking about aren't inherently harmful. Christianity (or Islam, or Buddhism, etc) aren't inherently harmful. They can be twisted to become harmful, but that's more the fault of the one doing the twisting than anything else. Puppies are pretty much harmless, but I suppose if I tried hard enough I could use one to kill someone. Doesn't mean anything other than that I am willing to misuse something for my own ends.

I'm not Christian, but I'm not anti-Christian. Most of my friends are Christian and I love them dearly. I just believe different things.

I was only joking, those were good phrases from the bible!! :lol:

I feel sorry for you that you no longer feel close to God and don't want to go to church. But you only look at the negative side of religion, no wonder you have such a bad view of God. Maybe you just need a positive story so I will give you one.

I don't go to church anymore and I really don't consider myself religious. I believe the teachings of Christ are meritorious and I generally treat people the way Jesus taught us to treat people.

I also have almost exclusively good thoughts towards my Christian friends. I didn't just wake up one day thinking they were evil – on the contrary, I consider them to be wonderful, great people.

I just got to a point in my life where the mounting evidence against the mythological aspect of religion became too great to ignore. There were some deeply personal things that happened in the last year that also very much changed my view of things. Despite that, I still see merit to The Church, the religious and religion in general.

I guess what I'm saying is, there doesn't have to be a black-and-white separation. You can be non-religious and still be friends with, be married to, and respect the religious. I don't see any merit to a rancorous relationship with those who have different beliefs than me.

Sorry if that's all pedantic. I'm sure it's nothing more than most everyone already knows.

Good post knapplc. I agree. Particularly with the bold. (I'm sure the carlfense of 10 years ago would be horrified by that admission.)

I am saying you guys harp back to the same old line when you can't think of anyhting else to say. I will say that this site only reinforces my faith in what the bible says. In the end days very few will be believers and they will be mocked and ridiculed. As was stated earlier less and less people in the world are believers which follows the bibles story line, you are just helping out in your own little way Carlfense, thanks! :thumbs

Uhhh . . . you're welcome . . . I guess.

I'm not sure where I'm mocking and ridiculing religious people . . . but then again . . . persecution complexes abound.

Uhhh . . . you're welcome . . . I guess.

I'm not sure where I'm mocking and ridiculing religious people . . . but then again . . . persecution complexes abound.

I wasn't referring to you about the mocking comment as much as the lack of faith that Jesus is your Lord and Savior and that very few will believe in him in the end of times. You have to admit that there are some on here who are very demeaning to the Christian point of view. And that America as a nation is becoming less religous as the years go by. :hmmph