Jesus and abortion

I agree the church is wrong and it is horrible the way they protect the priests. I think the way they handle this actually backfires on them. First, it allows other priests to think they may get away with this particular crime and second, it is putting more young boys in danger. Finally, it is a PR nightmare, they are really making a bad situation worse. All priests are painted with a broad brush and become fodder for the cliche the we know today!! The good priests who do so much for their community are branded perverts along with the bad priests.

Good post JR20, thank you.

Disagree. I think anyone who practices Catholicism and probably Christianity in general and donate money to their causes is an accessory to all of these crimes and many, many more

If anyone had donated to the election of Obama, are they an accessory to any war crimes he may have committed?

Certainly, but not quite as guilty as those who supported W.

Why not quite as guilty. If someone who supported W. is guilty of his crimes why aren't you just as guilty for the crimes committed by BO? :confucius

I agree the church is wrong and it is horrible the way they protect the priests. I think the way they handle this actually backfires on them. First, it allows other priests to think they may get away with this particular crime and second, it is putting more young boys in danger. Finally, it is a PR nightmare, they are really making a bad situation worse. All priests are painted with a broad brush and become fodder for the cliche the we know today!! The good priests who do so much for their community are branded perverts along with the bad priests.

Good post JR20, thank you.

Thank you sub!!

So you are an accessory to Lawrence Phillips' crimes?

That is an excellent point, sir. however, I don't believe Stoopid Larry was ever convicted of a crime while he was at Nebraska

There have been a large number of Huskers convicted of criminal activity. You can't dodge the point this way.

You know the point I'm making. We don't have to belabor it. It's OK to decry the wrongs committed by The Church. It's better not to convict every Believer because of the actions of their superiors, but I can't stop you from doing that.

I hear you clucking, big chicken. By the same token, college football and organized religion is kind of an apples/oranges comparison.

So you are an accessory to Lawrence Phillips' crimes?

That is an excellent point, sir. however, I don't believe Stoopid Larry was ever convicted of a crime while he was at Nebraska

There have been a large number of Huskers convicted of criminal activity. You can't dodge the point this way.

You know the point I'm making. We don't have to belabor it. It's OK to decry the wrongs committed by The Church. It's better not to convict every Believer because of the actions of their superiors, but I can't stop you from doing that.

I hear you clucking, big chicken. By the same token, college football and organized religion is kind of an apples/oranges comparison.

Totally agree that it's a poor analogy. There are so few good analogies out there.

Disagree. I think anyone who practices Catholicism and probably Christianity in general and donate money to their causes is an accessory to all of these crimes and many, many more

If anyone had donated to the election of Obama, are they an accessory to any war crimes he may have committed?

Why not quite as guilty. If someone who supported W. is guilty of his crimes why aren't you just as guilty for the crimes committed by BO? :confucius

It seems obvious to me that the person who started the whole mess would carry more of the blame than the person who finishes it. I've been against this mistake from the very beginning. The anti-war among us were completely swamped by the bloodthirsty and muslim-hating "eye for an eye" religious right.

It seems obvious to me that the person who started the whole mess would carry more of the blame than the person who finishes it. I've been against this mistake from the very beginning. The anti-war among us were completely swamped by the bloodthirsty and muslim-hating "eye for an eye" religious right.

blood thirsty eye for an eye what are you talking about? who are the blood thirsty and what did they do? :confucius

You are holier than thou because you have a religion, it is the PC secular utopia that everyone must conform to or be branded a hypocrite, bigot or uneducated ideolog. That is how you are a hypocrite, you rail against the religous establishment but you want everyone to fall in line and walk goosestep with your ideals. Now, how am I a hypocrite?

And you never seem to answer questions, just ask them yourself. So I will ask you again did muslims fly those planes into the twin towers? :hmmph if so, where and when was I inaccurate or hypocritical?

Absence of religion isn't a religion. I don't rail against the religious establishment. I rail against people who claim fervent devotion but whose beliefs and actions do not conform with their supposed religion.

Goosestep? Back away from the Glenn Beck. Back away from the Glenn Beck.

I'd start here:

But the same can't be said when a muslim slams a plane into a building yelling praise allah. Then that falls on the muslim faith of that person and what and who taught him to be that way

(Found here: http://www.huskerboa...post__p__919041)

Summary of your statements: When Muslims do bad things in the name of Islam it falls on their Muslim religion. When Christians do bad things in the name of Christianity (Norway/Crusades/Etc) it is in spite of their Christian religion OR you don't care because you haven't read much about them.

Did Muslims fly planes into the twin towers for the third time? Crickets!! :hmmph