GOP Congressman Walks out on Obama's National Prayer Breakfast speech

Link

Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Ga., left during Obama’s speech because “he was disturbed and offended by the president’s use of prayer and reflection time for partisan politics and class warfare.

During the National Prayer Breakfast speech, the president compared his economic policies to the teachings of Jesus.

“And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense,” the president said. “But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.’”

Thoughts?

Obama is such a Bible-thumper.

That's why I'm supporting Romney--he doesn't Bible thump nearly as much as Obama and his neo-con cronies. Hell, some people would argue Romney doesn't even follow the Bible at all.

Frankly, I'm just getting tired of all of this Bible thumping coming from the Democrats. It's getting ridiculous. Party of Jefferson my ass.

Link

Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Ga., left during Obama’s speech because “he was disturbed and offended by the president’s use of prayer and reflection time for partisan politics and class warfare.

During the National Prayer Breakfast speech, the president compared his economic policies to the teachings of Jesus.

“And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense,” the president said. “But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.’”

Thoughts?

I think that was rude to walk out on the POTUS even if he was using his prayer as cover for class warfare. The office deserves respect and should be given some leeway. And if he was sincere God bless him and give until his little heart is content. The only problem I would have with this is if he then says we should raise taxes. What he wants to give because of his own personal beliefs is up to him but not everyone feels the same way. He may want to give more because of his beliefs to this country but I am a little more weary. I would rather give to my church or whoever I feel needs my money. When you give to the fed. govt. they do many things with it that are against my beliefs. Planned parenthood being one of them. :thumbs

The only problem I would have with this is if he then says we should raise taxes. What he wants to give because of his own personal beliefs is up to him but not everyone feels the same way. He may want to give more because of his beliefs to this country but I am a little more weary. I would rather give to my church or whoever I feel needs my money. When you give to the fed. govt. they do many things with it that are against my beliefs.

What did Jesus say about taxes? I think your beliefs do not align with His in this instance.

The only problem I would have with this is if he then says we should raise taxes. What he wants to give because of his own personal beliefs is up to him but not everyone feels the same way. He may want to give more because of his beliefs to this country but I am a little more weary. I would rather give to my church or whoever I feel needs my money. When you give to the fed. govt. they do many things with it that are against my beliefs.

What did Jesus say about taxes? I think your beliefs do not align with His in this instance.

Why doesn't it? Jesus said give to Caesar what is Caesar's!! How much we give in this country is always a moving target, and I give to caesar what is caesar's. So what doesn't align? chuckleshuffle