Full back article

We happen to have a kid by the name of Rex Burkhead in our backfield. With Marrow's size, I have zero issue running the ball on 1st and 10 out of a similar formation that Bamako did with Richardson last year. My guess would be that it ends in 2nd and manageable quite often. Maybe a lot on the sunny side of 2nd and 5. While I know we could complete a pass on first down, I'm a fan of running on 1st down.

I'm a fan of running the ball period. But when the defense is loading 8, 9, and sometimes 10 defenders in the box within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage which happened a lot last season by the way then maybe it's time to put the ball in the air.

Well, TO said in his book "More than winning" that most of their big plays were vs stacked boxes. Because if you find a seam on a stacked box......you're gone.

Listened to a segment on Bama last season. Saban wants the other teams to stack the box and be very close together. Reason being it negates a lot of their speed.

I just see Barney as the weak link on the staff. Primarily from a recruiting standpoint - but in 4 years he's had a suspect unit each year. Last year they improved a lot as the season wore on - I'm not sure how much of that is Barney though. Why should I believe that is Barney when the first time they showed improvement happens to be the first time he has someone else coaching the line with him? He didn't do anything the prior 3 years. I'm one of those that really pushes experience when it comes to the coaching staff - I'd bet we're one of the youngest out there...but Barney's is not translating into production.

So under what circumstances would you conceed that Barney is a quality coach; an undefeated season, less than 10 sacks all season, two or more players breaking the 1,000 yard mark, a higher yard per carry average, putting players into the NFL, any/all of the above? I'm not saying Barney Cotton is perfect or above reproach but I think he takes far more grief and criticism than he actually deserves.

you're just looking at stats. I'd like to see a disciplined, consistent OL, that's blocking beyond the line of scrimmage. I don't want to see a bunch of false starts, and I definitely don't want to see 2 in a row, or 2-3 in the same series. How many drives were stalled because of the OL's lack of discipline last year? I want to see them playing smarter - and meaner. We've got too many guys I'd like to hang out and watch football with, have a few beers with. The OL I want to see is manned by guys that would try and eat my dog if they were at my house. The entire mindset of the OL is weak IMO - and that starts with Barney. Maybe that's why they're injured half the season.

I just see Barney as the weak link on the staff. Primarily from a recruiting standpoint - but in 4 years he's had a suspect unit each year. Last year they improved a lot as the season wore on - I'm not sure how much of that is Barney though. Why should I believe that is Barney when the first time they showed improvement happens to be the first time he has someone else coaching the line with him? He didn't do anything the prior 3 years. I'm one of those that really pushes experience when it comes to the coaching staff - I'd bet we're one of the youngest out there...but Barney's is not translating into production.

So under what circumstances would you conceed that Barney is a quality coach; an undefeated season, less than 10 sacks all season, two or more players breaking the 1,000 yard mark, a higher yard per carry average, putting players into the NFL, any/all of the above? I'm not saying Barney Cotton is perfect or above reproach but I think he takes far more grief and criticism than he actually deserves.

you're just looking at stats. I'd like to see a disciplined, consistent OL, that's blocking beyond the line of scrimmage. I don't want to see a bunch of false starts, and I definitely don't want to see 2 in a row, or 2-3 in the same series. How many drives were stalled because of the OL's lack of discipline last year? I want to see them playing smarter - and meaner. We've got too many guys I'd like to hang out and watch football with, have a few beers with. The OL I want to see is manned by guys that would try and eat my dog if they were at my house. The entire mindset of the OL is weak IMO - and that starts with Barney. Maybe that's why they're injured half the season.

how often do you see our guys finishing a block or delivering a pancake? i agree, there is no killer instinct in our line, only in Burkehead's ability to gain yards after contact........imagine how good he could be behind a good offensive line.

how often do you see our guys finishing a block or delivering a pancake? i agree, there is no killer instinct in our line, only in Burkehead's ability to gain yards after contact........imagine how good he could be behind a good offensive line.

Good enough to finish 15th nationally in rushing yards or 19th in average yards per game? Considering that Nebraska ran the ball 68% of the time and the majority of those times they were running into 8, 9 and sometimes 10 defenders in the box, that makes Rex's 1,357 yards and 104.38 yard per game average even more impressive. Look I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement but come on give a little credit where it's due.

As always, anything bad is on Barney......anything good is on Garrison & Stai.

As always, anything bad is on Barney......anything good is on Garrison & Stai.

Garrison and Stai haven't been here long enough to be rated, Barney......on the other hand