Catholic Church Cont'd

Sickening. There is some pervasive evil within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. I don't mean your average Catholic churchgoer . . . but in the priests, bishops, cardinals, pope, etc.

So you're saying that the average priest/bishop/cardinal/pope is evil?

If they are facilitating/aiding and abetting child rape and castration, yes. Are you OK with the coverup that resulted in the molestation of more young boys . . . all in an effort to try to protect the image of the church?

I do not understand these coverups? They do not protect the image of the church but damage it immensely. They should have those priests prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. A priest has to have trust from the people and every time someone is allowed to get away with it it lessens the image of the church IMO. :(

What is your motive or purpose carl?

I'm sorry for forcing you to read this thread. You do know that you can just not click to open it, right? :P

If you don't want to know about this stuff you are more than welcome to ignore it.

Anyways, my motive or purpose is to discuss a relevant and horrifying news story that came out yesterday. Not 56 years ago.

If you are looking into who committs the most heinous crimes look no further than aethists!! Communism first takes away the press then the chruch then your freedom and eventually your life. Does Stalin or Pol Pot ring a bell? :(

http://blogs.telegra...ame-of-atheism/

http://www.cambcomm..../holocaust.html

http://www.enotes.co...e/stalin-joseph

First off...neither Stalin nor Pol Pot committed their acts in the name of atheism. It's like saying because they had mustaches, all mustache wearing people are at fault!

Little is known about Stalin's beliefs, but most point to atheist because he killed a lot of the clergymen. However, he replaced them once he was finished. He wanted a church that answered to him and established the Russian Orthodox Church. He envisioned himself as a god. Religious beliefs, under Stalin's rule, were suppressed only out of jealousy and the need for power.

Just because they didn't publicly say they are doing this because of aethism doesn't mean anything. One of communsim's first laws are to get rid of the church. Look at any communist govt. and you know they suppress the chruch and the press. The church because if you are doing horrible acts the church may denounce it and you can't have that in a communist country. The press is the next to fall because they may shine the light on those terrible acts they are perpretrating on the people in the name of communism. Those two pillars of freedom can not stand in a communist country they must control the propoganda or some may revolt. :ahhhhhhhh

Joseph goebbels said it best:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

I do not understand these coverups? They do not protect the image of the church but damage it immensely. They should have those priests prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. A priest has to have trust from the people and every time someone is allowed to get away with it it lessens the image of the church IMO. :(

I don't understand the coverups either. It's the coverups, not the initial crime, that makes the church culpable.

I don't understand the coverups either. It's the coverups, not the initial crime, that makes the church culpable.

I felt the same way with Clinton. I didn't think having sex in the oval office is an impeachable offense, heck, just about every president would be impeached, but the fact he lied to the American people is what got me going. I am all for saying I forgive you if you come clean and let's just forgive and forget but if you don't come clean then I want to throw the book at you for whatever you did. :restore2

The aethists far outweigh the church when it comes to crimes against humanity.

At least you seem to be acknowledging that the church has committed crimes against humanity. That's something.

No entity made by man is flawless, there has been only one pure human being. So if men make something and they are flawed then it only stands to reason that those who govern it will be flawed also and sins will happen. eyeswear2allthatsholy

• Fire 1

No entity made by man is flawless, there has been only one pure human being. So if men make something and they are flawed then it only stands to reason that those who govern it will be flawed also and sins will happen. eyeswear2allthatsholy

+1. Agreed. That's a much better argument than saying "but the atheists do bad things too!"

At least you seem to be acknowledging that the church has committed crimes against humanity. That's something.

there has been only one pure human being.

Not exactly true. There is only one person in the whole bible who didn't die but yet was taken by God. Enoch. Given that Enoch is only given 2 sentences in the whole bible and somehow magically lost the book's writings we can't be sure that Jesus was the only pure human but then of course he was also part God so he did have an upper hand.

+1. Agreed. That's a much better argument than saying "but the atheists do bad things too!"

I was just showing you that if you just cherry pick certain articles you can get a slant to any issue. Your one constant in this area is horrible articles on the Catholic church (have you ever put a positive Catholic article in a thread? You know they do a lot af good also). So I was just trying to show you that I could shine negative light on aethists, Democrats, or any other issue and make them look very bad. As a matter of fact isn't that one of the issues you have with Hannity? :hmmph

there has been only one pure human being.

Not exactly true. There is only one person in the whole bible who didn't die but yet was taken by God. Enoch. Given that Enoch is only given 2 sentences in the whole bible and somehow magically lost the book's writings we can't be sure that Jesus was the only pure human but then of course he was also part God so he did have an upper hand.

I never said anything about not dying, I said pure and as far as I know all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God so Enoch may not have died that doesn't mean he was sinless. :thumbs

I was just showing you that if you just cherry pick certain articles you can get a slant to any issue. Your one constant in this area is horrible articles on the Catholic church (have you ever put a positive Catholic article in a thread? You know they do a lot af good also). So I was just trying to show you that I could shine negative light on aethists, Democrats, or any other issue and make them look very bad. As a matter of fact isn't that one of the issues you have with Hannity? :hmmph

The news came out the day that I posted it. It's not like I'm scouring the web for this stuff.

Catholic churchgoers are overwhelmingly decent people. I've never said otherwise.

My problem lies with what appears to be the evil within the church hierarchy. Do they do good? Sure. Do [did] they aid and abet the molestation of children to protect the image of the church? Yes. The former doesn't excuse the latter.

The news came out the day that I posted it. It's not like I'm scouring the web for this stuff.

Catholic churchgoers are overwhelmingly decent people. I've never said otherwise.

My problem lies with what appears to be the evil within the church hierarchy. Do they do good? Sure. Do [did] they aid and abet the molestation of children to protect the image of the church? Yes. The former doesn't excuse the latter. No one said it does

Well, I am sure some people on here will have a different image of you if you run across a positive article on the Catholic church and post it. I know I would feel you are not out to get the church or have an axe to grind for some reason or other. chuckleshuffle

My problem lies with what appears to be the evil within the church hierarchy. Do they do good? Sure. Do [did] they aid and abet the molestation of children to protect the image of the church? Yes. The former doesn't excuse the latter.

I could post negative articles about aethists and then extrapolate that out to say the aethists are evil and they aid and abet the killing of millions of people. I could post article after article on the negative side and what would you presume about me? :dunno

Aethists are responsible for horrendous crimes. :bad

http://atheismexpose...eist_crimes.htm

"Whatever the motives for atheist bloodthirstiness, the indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.

It's time to abandon the mindlessly repeated mantra that religious belief has been the greatest source of human conflict and violence. Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history.”

D’Souza, Dinesh, “Atheism, Not Religion is the Real Force Behind the Mass Murders of History.” The Christian Science Monitor. (November 21, 2006 edition). <

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1121/p09s01-coop.html> (9 July, 2008).