Affordable Care Act / ObamaCare

Supreme Court Decision  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen dozens of paragraphs in this thread, that do nothing other than to see who's the smartest guy in the room.

I should have a choice, whether or not I want this. I shouldn't have somebody in D.C. make up my mind, when they don't care about me anyway. The only thing that matters to them is which way you're voting in November. If you think this legislation actually has you, the American people, in mind, then you are truly foolish...

You're pretending to be confused and stupid again...right?

Yos hates personal attacks.

I believe that if you love Romney for Obamacare, you shouldn't care about his wearing funny underwear.

If you like one thing that a politician has done you have to like everything that they do? That's a ridiculous argument.

Yos hates personal attacks.

I'm just following knapplc's example. He has asked you that in the past.

I believe that if you love Romney for Obamacare, you shouldn't care about his wearing funny underwear.

If you like one thing that a politician has done you have to like everything that they do? That's a ridiculous argument.

I'm just saying that when you pretend Romney is a genius for giving our truth-averse President a model for Obamacare, why isn't he a genius for wearing magic undies? Finally, are you saying you vote according to what kind of underwear a person wears? I do not want to know how you get that information.

Yos, you're the one asserting that those are inconsistent. Therefore, you have the burden of explaining why they are inconsistent. I won't be baited into making your argument for you.

I believe that if you love Romney for Obamacare, you shouldn't care about his wearing funny underwear. That's all the time I can spend on explaining the inconsistentcy. I'm not getting paid to do this. :D

So if you love apples you need to love oranges?

Well, that's comparing apples and oranges, isn't it?

to be honest, health care doesn't directly affect me

Sadly, yes, it does. You may not know it, but it does. Speaking as a guy who nearly lost his wife to cancer and did lose his mother to cancer, you do not know that it won't affect you. Both cancers came from out of the blue. Both were severe, affecting what appeared to be very healthy ladies.

You simply do not know. Don't take it for granted, man. It really, really affects you.

I am sorry for your loss and near-loss, knapplc, but do you really believe that enlarging the Government's role in health care is going to improve it? It will likely increase the costs greatly by extending it to people who do not have it now (not to mention the costs of administering the program), but enhance it? I don't know. But you are right, everyone is affected one way or another.

As far as paying for the uninsured at the present, we do it because the law requires emergency rooms to treat everyone who walks in - it doesn't matter if it's for a headache or a bullet wound to the head. It all comes back to the question of who is better at managing anything - the Government or the private sector? I made up my mind about that when my "free" medical care (because of my military career) now costs me. The "free" stuff is almost always more expensive.

Excuse me? This is the part where you get to show where I have done this. I await your successful search with bated breath.

Regarding your question of whether I think enlarging the Government's role in health care is going to improve it, that's a misinterpretation of my stance. I have not advocated for this bill. I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that this is a well-meant but wrongly-enacted attempt to fix a broken system - a system that was broken, by the way, by the private sector. I equate Obamacare with No Child Left Behind - drafted with noble intentions, but enacted in a ham-fisted way.

No, frankly I do not think government involvement alone will fix what's broken about healthcare, but at the same time I have zero faith in the private sector to fix their mistakes, either. It is a complex problem that one bill won't fix. I don't know if anything will fix it.

I'm just saying that when you pretend Romney is a genius for giving our truth-averse President a model for Obamacare, why isn't he a genius for wearing magic undies?

Why on earth would you assume that the two things are related? Also, who said that he is a genius?

Finally, are you saying you vote according to what kind of underwear a person wears? I do not want to know how you get that information.

Who said that? For that matter . . . how could you even infer that? That's even weaker trolling than your normal routine.

Excuse me? This is the part where you get to show where I have done this. I await your successful search with bated breath.

Regarding your question of whether I think enlarging the Government's role in health care is going to improve it, that's a misinterpretation of my stance. I have not advocated for this bill. I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that this is a well-meant but wrongly-enacted attempt to fix a broken system - a system that was broken, by the way, by the private sector. I equate Obamacare with No Child Left Behind - drafted with noble intentions, but enacted in a ham-fisted way.

No, frankly I do not think government involvement alone will fix what's broken about healthcare, but at the same time I have zero faith in the private sector to fix their mistakes, either. It is a complex problem that one bill won't fix. I don't know if anything will fix it.

I'll find the post where you accused both of us of pretending to be confused or stupid. It's true - I am not as good at finding posts on here. but then, i don't get paid while ai surf.

I'm just saying that when you pretend Romney is a genius for giving our truth-averse President a model for Obamacare, why isn't he a genius for wearing magic undies?

Why on earth would you assume that the two things are related? Also, who said that he is a genius?

Finally, are you saying you vote according to what kind of underwear a person wears? I do not want to know how you get that information.

Who said that? For that matter . . . how could you even infer that? That's even weaker trolling than your normal routine.

Can't you say anything without accusing people of trolling. You always take it to the personal level.

You guys aren't seriously quibbling over ten days, are you?

I don't know about quibbling . . . I was genuinely confused as to what Yossarian was arguing. Honestly, I still am.

It looks like you were in the same boat.

http://www.huskerboa...post__p__962229

No, I was confused as to why you were confused. Yossarian clearly wasn't arguing. It was a potayto/potahto thing, and much was made of it for seemingly no reason.

Here's one.

I don't know about quibbling . . . I was genuinely confused as to what Yossarian was arguing. Honestly, I still am.

No, I was confused as to why you were confused. Yossarian clearly wasn't arguing. It was a potayto/potahto thing, and much was made of it for seemingly no reason.

Here's one.

You said I called people "stupid." This is what you're going to find, or I'll be expecting an apology.

When you can't find such a post, I'm going to consider your use of the word "stupid" a personal attack, which is a rules violation.

Here's one.

You said I called people "stupid." This is what you're going to find, or I'll be expecting an apology.

When you can't find such a post, I'm going to consider your use of the word "stupid" a personal attack, which is a rules violation.

Well, then I apologize.

So, is calling someone obtuse and dim a rules violation? I've been called obtuse and dim. Just wondering. No one asked if I was pretending to be obtuse, they simply said I was.