Affordable Care Act / ObamaCare

Supreme Court Decision  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The last 5 Trustees Reports have indicated that Social Security's Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Trust Funds would become exhausted between 2036 and 2041 under the intermediate set of economic and demographic assumptions provided in each report. If no legislative change is enacted, scheduled tax revenues will be sufficient to pay only about three fourths of the scheduled benefits after trust fund exhaustion. Many policymakers have developed proposals and options to address this long-range solvency problem.

http://www.ssa.gov/O...ency/index.html

Maybe the SSA site is lying about the social security fund going broke. :blink:

The simple fact is that we as a nation are going broke. Those projections of the SSA Trust Fund lasting until 2040 or so is nothing more than an optimistic guess. If baby boomers start retiring en masse and demanding full benefits the ssa could go bankrupt much faster. On top of that we can not afford our federal budget as is. We borrow billions from China each year and the federal reserve prints money to cover the remaining gap like we're playing a game of Monopoly. And yet we have politicans who want to spend even more money on an even more bloated federal budget. The left seems to think that we can spend our way out of debt.

Oh, boy. We've got a full fledged emergency on our hands. :P

Actually yes we do. Well it's not an emergency yet but the hurricane warnings are out and the wind and rain is starting to get heavier.

Yeah . . . what are we going to do in a score and four when pay outs are only 75% of current numbers?

Better don that slicker.

We are Greece just ten years ago. I was watching a show, I can't remember where and I don't have the stats but we have the same financial numbers that Greece had a decade ago.

Johnny, you said you were going to find the numbers to support this allegation. Where are those stats in anything you've linked?

• Fire 1

We are Greece just ten years ago. I was watching a show, I can't remember where and I don't have the stats but we have the same financial numbers that Greece had a decade ago.

Johnny, you said you were going to find the numbers to support this allegation. Where are those stats in anything you've linked?

It's not so much a numbers thing, knapplc. It's more like he feels like we are Greece just ten years ago. Truthiness lives. Try thinking with your gut.

• Fire 1

The last 5 Trustees Reports have indicated that Social Security's Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Trust Funds would become exhausted between 2036 and 2041 under the intermediate set of economic and demographic assumptions provided in each report. If no legislative change is enacted, scheduled tax revenues will be sufficient to pay only about three fourths of the scheduled benefits after trust fund exhaustion. Many policymakers have developed proposals and options to address this long-range solvency problem.

http://www.ssa.gov/O...ency/index.html

Maybe the SSA site is lying about the social security fund going broke. :blink:

The simple fact is that we as a nation are going broke. Those projections of the SSA Trust Fund lasting until 2040 or so is nothing more than an optimistic guess. If baby boomers start retiring en masse and demanding full benefits the ssa could go bankrupt much faster. On top of that we can not afford our federal budget as is. We borrow billions from China each year and the federal reserve prints money to cover the remaining gap like we're playing a game of Monopoly. And yet we have politicans who want to spend even more money on an even more bloated federal budget. The left seems to think that we can spend our way out of debt.

Oh, boy. We've got a full fledged emergency on our hands. :P

Actually yes we do. Well it's not an emergency yet but the hurricane warnings are out and the wind and rain is starting to get heavier.

Yeah . . . what are we going to do in a score and four when pay outs are only 75% of current numbers?

Better don that slicker.

What?!?

The first link had our gdp to debt. The second link has the Greece numbers; their gdp to debt.

Knapplcy, hope this will suffice!! chuckleshuffle

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-19/opinion/opinion_kotlikoff-us-debt-crisis_1_fiscal-gap-greece-debt?_s=PM:OPINION

Better don that slicker.

Yep. And just keep thinking we can spend our way out of debt. I think it is interesting that you questioned the whole "we're going broke" statement and then when provided with actual links from government sources you then turn to ridicule because you have full faith that the projections of the ssa trust lasting until 2040+ is infallible. It is a fact that we can not afford our federal budget. It is a fact that we borrow billions from China each year. It is a fact that the federal reserve prints money to cover the gaps in our budget. It is a fact we are going broke and continuing to borrow and spend even more money will not fix the problem it will only make it worse.

http://articles.cnn....t?_s=PM:OPINION

It's a good thing that our unemployment rate, which is dropping, is 1/3 that of Greece's, meaning that our economy as a whole is in far better shape than Greece's.

But thanks for the links. They were great.

http://articles.cnn....t?_s=PM:OPINION

It's a good thing that our unemployment rate, which is dropping, is 1/3 that of Greece's, meaning that our economy as a whole is in far better shape than Greece's.

But thanks for the links. They were great.

You're welcome! Have a great weekend!! :wasted

And just keep thinking we can spend our way out of debt.

I'd hate to think that you just invented that. Could you cite it for me? Thanks.

I think it is interesting that you questioned the whole "we're going broke" statement and then when provided with actual links from government sources you then turn to ridicule because you have full faith that the projections of the ssa trust lasting until 2040+ is infallible.

I think it's just that the doooooooooom prognostications when the cited examples are several decades in the future amuse me. So . . . thanks.

I'd hate to think that you just invented that. Could you cite it for me? Thanks.

I think it is interesting that you questioned the whole "we're going broke" statement and then when provided with actual links from government sources you then turn to ridicule because you have full faith that the projections of the ssa trust lasting until 2040+ is infallible.

I think it's just that the doooooooooom prognostications when the cited examples are several decades in the future amuse me. So . . . thanks.

Well "thanks" for the snarky and condescending response. Unbelievable. This country is going broke and instead of being responsible about the budget and making small spending cuts along the way your "solution" is to keep on spending money we don't have like a Kennedy on a non stop alcoholic bender.

:facepalm:

Well "thanks" for the snarky and condescending response. Unbelievable. This country is going broke and instead of being responsible about the budget and making small spending cuts along the way your "solution" is to keep on spending money we don't have like a Kennedy on a non stop alcoholic bender.

:facepalm:

I guess you didn't find that quote from me?

And that is one reason that MC,MCAID, and SS are going bankrupt and need to be changed! Adding another govt. program that can't sustain itself is sheer madness and I can't believe intelligent people are actually falling for this. It is another nail in the US bankruptcy coffin, and it is coming, no bones about it. We are Greece just ten years ago. I was watching a show, I can't remember where and I don't have the stats but we have the same financial numbers that Greece had a decade ago. I know everyone will come on here and say we aren't Greece and no one will remember this silly thread in ten years. But I want all of you to remember that you were arguing about the debt and how you stood up for all the entitlements.

That is so weird! I can't remember where I read it and I don't have the numbers on hand at the moment, but I was watching a show that said exactly the opposite of that.

What are the odds?

Where are your numbers, or were you lying to me? You did read that somewhere, right? Please show me your evidence, I would hope you could find it, thanks, knapplcy!! :rollin