Affordable Care Act / ObamaCare

Supreme Court Decision  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it doesn't matter that I watch MSNBC or CNN or ABC news just fox news, that is the problem you have with me. Diane Sawyer is ok with you or Rachel Maddow, what about Keith Oberman or Chris Mathews? Why don't you tell me who is acceptable to get news from and who I can quote for you to accept news and statistics. Who are the brain washers and who is giving unbiased information. I want to make sure I clear it with the propoganda minister before I use the news. I will be waiting for your list Heir fuhrer!!

I would put you on a strict Daily Show diet for the next six months, minimum. No Maddow, no Fox (of any kind) no MSNBC, no ABC or CBS or NBC - none of it. Ever again. Ever.

I would have you read The Onion during that six months, so you could see what satire is and so you develop a heightened sense for bogus reporting.

I would have you watch every Neil deGrasse Tyson video you can find on YouTube.

I would have you read Bloom County, in its entirety, AND listen to U-Stink-But-I-♥-U on continuous loop for one hour. Maybe two. You would be expressly forbidden from following Fundamentally Oral Bill, however.

That would be a start. From there I would probably have your continuing education be taken up by watching the Colbert Report, reading some RSS feeds from Reuters and the AP, and maybe, just maybe, some BBC.

But I think it's important to note that I have no problem with you. I disagree with some of your positions on things, but with you, johnnyrodgers20, I have no problem. Don't mistake different points of view for dislike.

• Fire 1

So it doesn't matter that I watch MSNBC or CNN or ABC news just fox news, that is the problem you have with me. Diane Sawyer is ok with you or Rachel Maddow, what about Keith Oberman or Chris Mathews? Why don't you tell me who is acceptable to get news from and who I can quote for you to accept news and statistics. Who are the brain washers and who is giving unbiased information. I want to make sure I clear it with the propoganda minister before I use the news. I will be waiting for your list Heir fuhrer!!

I would put you on a strict Daily Show diet for the next six months, minimum. No Maddow, no Fox (of any kind) no MSNBC, no ABC or CBS or NBC - none of it. Ever again. Ever.

I would have you read The Onion during that six months, so you could see what satire is and so you develop a heightened sense for bogus reporting.

I would have you read Bloom County, in its entirety, AND listen to U-Stink-But-I-♥-U on continuous loop for one hour. Maybe two. You would be expressly forbidden from following Fundamentally Oral Bill, however.

That would be a start. From there I would probably have your continuing education be taken up by watching the Colbert Report, reading some RSS feeds from Reuters and the AP, and maybe, just maybe, some BBC.

But I think it's important to note that I have no problem with you. I disagree with some of your positions on things, but with you, johnnyrodgers20, I have no problem. Don't mistake different points of view for dislike.

Well done, sir.

You are totally misguided by my persona on here apparently, I am a way bigger card than you will ever be. The problem is we only talk about politics and we have a very different view of this country. And You don't need to educate me on news, you just have a deifferent colored pair of glasses. Oh, and by the way, I try to catch Stewart every night, I miss it often because he is on at 7:00 and I am chasing rugrats. He is on at 11:00 also but I am going to bed at that time, he is funnier than Colbert, I am not a big fan of Colbert but I like to watch him also. The onion is a very funny news outlet but I have grown tired of it at this moment but I do change my mind from time to time.

I have to admit I have never heard of NDT, I do not know who or what he is. U stink but I love U is my wife's anthem so I do know about that.

I would not have a problem watching that if you watch judge Nepalitano and Stossel for the same amount of time.

:thumbs

Well done, sir.

Heard from Frick knew Frack would not be far behind!! :rollin

You are totally misguided by my persona on here apparently, I am a way bigger card than you will ever be. The problem is we only talk about politics and we have a very different view of this country. And You don't need to educate me on news, you just have a deifferent colored pair of glasses. Oh, and by the way, I try to catch Stewart every night, I miss it often because he is on at 7:00 and I am chasing rugrats. He is on at 11:00 also but I am going to bed at that time, he is funnier than Colbert, I am not a big fan of Colbert but I like to watch him also. The onion is a very funny news outlet but I have grown tired of it at this moment but I do change my mind from time to time.

I have to admit I have never heard of NDT, I do not know who or what he is. U stink but I love U is my wife's anthem so I do know about that.

I would not have a problem watching that if you watch judge Nepalitano and Stossel for the same amount of time.

You try to catch The Daily Show every night, yet don't know who Neil deGrasse Tyson is?

You watch Colbert, even though you're not a fan?

Your wife likes, and listens to, U-Stink-But-I-♥-U By Billy and the Boingers?

You think The Onion is a news outlet?

There.... there aren't words.

You try to catch The Daily Show every night, yet don't know who Neil deGrasse Tyson is?

You watch Colbert, even though you're not a fan?

Your wife likes, and listens to, U-Stink-But-I-♥-U By Billy and the Boingers?

You think The Onion is a news outlet?

There.... there aren't words.

The daily show I see about once every two weeks. I like Stewart but I don't get to see it often, I like his show!! I try to catch it, I don't get much of a chance. I watch colbert maybe once a month, I am not a big fan he is ok not really as funny as stewart, that means I don't hate him and if I ahve the time I would watch his show.

My wife doesn't, I was joking with you know U stink (as in I stink) But i love U ( as in she loves me anyway) a joke, sarcasm, in that vein. My wife doesn't know U stink but I love u nor do I, I was simply making light of the words.

You can call the onion whatever you like I know the stories are fictitious.

The last time i saw the daily show was mid March and the Colbert show even before that.

Anything else? :moreinteresting

Right. Because the worst economy the U.S. has seen in 90 years should be wiped clean within ONE YEAR after the new president takes over. That makes perfect sense, Fox.

And if you want to know what the budget deficits are under Obama, go google them. It's never been my contention that they were good. That's your point, and if you want to make it, then you make it. I didn't bring it up and I'm not chasing down that red herring.

So you don't want to know the numbers or don't care to show what BO has done, but you love to blame Bush. Reagan turned the economy of Carter around by the second year of his first term but somehow BO policies just won't solve our issues, how convenient! The worst economy in 35 years is more like it but you guys love to forget about Carter's term now don't ya!!

Care to rethink that, Johnny? Reagan destroyed the deficit, doubling it over Carter's, nearly doubling it every year he was in office. That's not to say Carter was a good president - he wasn't, he was crap - but let's use some real numbers, not derp.

I would love to forget that Carter ever existed, yes. I was a Reagan Republican back then, dyed in the wool. I was Republican right up until Gingrich's "Contract With America" nonsense. I guess I just got tired of being lied to every single election cycle. That's why I'm an Independent, neither Republican nor Democrat, and have been for almost 15 years.

I know both parties are responsible, knapplc. And I am not a real big fan of most pubs because they do not do what they say but what politician does. I do believe in most of their tennants, too bad they don't follow them. We need smaller govt., that is the most improtant issue of our day. If we do not reign in spending all the other problems won't matter. We won't have to have a debate about what to do with SS, MCAID, free birth control, Defense, we won't have any money for any of that and we will be saddled with huge debt interest payments. eyeswear2allthatsholy

A little comparison for you two!!

http://patriotupdate...cts-and-figures

The GOP uses the term 'less government' all the time. What are you suggesting we get rid of?

Heard from Frick knew Frack would not be far behind!! :rollin

I would guess that knapplc and I disagree on nearly as much as you and I. Check out the strip search thread or the old McDonald's lawsuit thread.

Most notably our bitter disagreement re: Endianness. carlfense maintains an obstinate Big-Endian stance, while I adhere to the much more logical Small-Endian ways.

Care to guess what is the single largest policy contributor to projected deficits? I'll point you in the right direction . . . it's not Barack HUSSEIN Obama's spending. The numbers don't lie.

Link please!! :wasted

No problem.

http://www.washingto...LOrYI_blog.html

http://www.cbpp.org/...fa=view&id=3036

http://articles.lati...licans-20110626

Or, if you don't feel like reading, you can just check out this chart.

FederalDeficitChart_BushTaxCutsWar_052511.jpg

Keep in mind (as I'm sure you're aware) that W. inherited a budget surplus from Clinton. He managed to greatly increase government spending AND greatly reduce revenues. That's not "blaming Bush." That's reciting history.

Another useful chart to put the deficit issue in perspective.

QNI2F.jpg

Charts with actual numbers are known to have a liberal bias though.

• Fire 2

Also, the fabled Reagan Recovery was based in large part on bigger government.

{F7BFC1A9-208E-4DAE-A442-C35456CBBC00}04052012_public_sector_employment_inline.jpg?w=570&h=461&as=1&maxX=570&maxY=461

Which president’s economic recovery benefited most from an increasing number of government jobs? Oddly enough, it was President Ronald Reagan, who successfully ran for re-election in 1984 by proclaiming it was “morning in America.” Reagan, running in a year when unemployment fell over a percentage point to 7.5 percent, is generally (and incorrectly) remembered as the first conservative president to dramatically shrink the size and role of government.

http://andrewsulliva...n-recovery.html

Care to rethink that, Johnny? Reagan destroyed the deficit, doubling it over Carter's, nearly doubling it every year he was in office.

Can't be true knapplc. Today's GOP repeatedly says that Reagan was a small government fiscal conservative. There is no way that he passed massive spending increases and exploded the deficit.

And it also can't be true because Fox News didn't tell me to think this way. Fox News wouldn't misconstrue data to serve their own ends. I mean, if we can't trust Fox News enough to mindlessly regurgitate their derp, then who CAN we trust?

If only we could build some sort of derp-to-electricity technology. We could be energy independent in no time at all.

Are you guys done with your circle jerk? Because if you are then you need to get your facts straight.

1. The President of the United States can't spend a penny of the tax-payers money.

2. During Ronald Reagan's two terms as President Congress was controlled by at least a 60% Democrat majority. It was the Democrats who started spending the additional revenues and then some thus INCREASING the budget deficit.

3. The Democrats lied to Bush I. They promised Bush I that if he raised taxes they wouldn't increase spending. This was after Bush said, "Read my lips, no new taxes." Bush I stupidly fell for the ploy, raised taxes, broke his chief campaign re-election promise and was as a result, a one term President.

Look you guys are perfectly free to be on the left side of the political isle-but at least have your facts right and not try and rewrite history to make "your side" look better.

Edit: And I love the way you bash Fox News, as if MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR or pick whatever liberal left leaning media outlet you wish, is any better or worse than slanting the news than Fox is. It just absolutely kills the left that they don't have 100% control of all the media. That's why you/they incessantly bash Fox and talk radio-because you want to completely silence or take away any views which run counter to yours.

If you weren't finished with the circle jerk then by all means please continue and come back to this thread when you are done.