How many QBs would we take in this class?

Looking through last years HI, I noticed how thin we will be at QB this year. And if Taylor starts the next 2 years Carnes goes into the 2014-15 season a senior with Tommy Armstrong possibly a R-soph. I personally see Carnes moving on if Tommy passes him on the depth chart. Also, I don't see Jamal Turner moving back to QB. My question for discussion is, where does everyone see this playing out and could we take 3 QBs in this class? I see a need for at least 2!

I think we should take two, just to be safe. It's never a good idea to wind up short on numbers at the QB spot and the bottom line is whether you have quality guys or not, it's a numbers game and you need to have options. We were scary short on numbers last year, had two true freshman QBs in that class and neither wound up here as QB.

If we take just one this year we're an unfortunate injury/transfer/washout situation from being pretty scary short on numbers again. I say take two this year and go back to a more normal 1-a-year deal after that.

i don't think we could get 3 without losing 1 anyway. we don't want to chase off a great player because we are trying to fill up numbers. there should be quite a few spots open this year so we can be a little more liberal with things. if we take 3, it's 99.9% likely one won't end up on campus or will transfer/switch within his first year or two. i'd rather save a scholly and try to grab 2 again next year than create drama in the squad with too many numbers. we saw it w/ the RBs last year.

Adding to the discussion ... didn't we get a pretty good QB walk-on last year as well? I know we got a 3 star RB walk on. Fife or something for QB. I'd think two is max ... both in numbers and I wouldn't see a quality QB coming in with two other stud QB's.

Ryker Fyfe from GI... Saw him play. He is more of a spread or WC QB. Maybe he can run some zone read and option but he is big with a cannon arm.

As far as multiple stud QBs in one class, the big boys like uSc and Fla and Texass do it every year. And we have an offense that could go through the QBs quite quickly!

I'd stick to 1. They have 5 qb's that are soph or fresh... (Carnes, Armstrong, Marsh, Brokmeier, Fife)

This is the truth. And honestly Ryker Fife could play, and succeed in this offense. The kid IMO was a better D1 prospect than Nate Enderle(who I thought was great) just doesn't have the height(and yes that was a serious knock on the kid last fall). he is a very fine runner and a great thrower. Tyson B, has great qualities as well, the knee injury has set him back, but he is another very servicible guy. Marsh was a freak in HS. could throw it 50 yards on a rope and was more than willing to run a defender over when he was running.

Take Bailey and that is that.