New topic...WOW..National image

Never mind the first safety I can remember since ASU dropped Frost to end the streak. At least ASU was good that year.

To be fair, the KU defense is one of the best in the Big IX. So yeah, ASU was good, and KU has a big ol' question mark on it, but the defense is the only one who scores the safetys. GO HUSKERS!!!

Wow, there are alot of "interesting posts" out there, I cant keep up :blink: It seems like alot of people are pretty pissed :steam

On a side not, Jime Rome is ripping billy c right now..."NU has hit rock bottom"

Watched "Harrahs" with fat Trav last night, and both Clester Johnson and Rob Z. are pissed, man they are ripping the program right now. I cant wait to see what Damon Benning has to say.

Haters.....they HATE the program....oh wait...they all played for NU.....Clester said that alot of his former teammates are just dumbfounded right now about the program.

Sad....... :wtf

Hey Former quick question have you ever posted anything positive about this staff. Our are you just so pissed peddy fired solich that it has blinded with rage that you target to he staff. Every post I have seen from you has been I told you they suck or we suck or the coaching staff won't do this or won't play to the strength of the players. All your posts have been laced with distaste for the coaches. just a question GBR

Has there ever been anything positive this staff has done on the field?

mcrooks7 Posted on Nov 7 2005, 04:44 PM

Never mind the first safety I can remember since ASU dropped Frost to end the streak. At least ASU was good that year.

To be fair, the KU defense is one of the best in the Big IX. So yeah, ASU was good, and KU has a big ol' question mark on it, but the defense is the only one who scores the safetys. GO HUSKERS!!! 

yea their D is pretty tough inside the key........ :wtf

Wow, there are alot of "interesting posts" out there, I cant keep up :blink: It seems like alot of people are pretty pissed :steam

On a side not, Jime Rome is ripping billy c right now..."NU has hit rock bottom"

Watched "Harrahs" with fat Trav last night, and both Clester Johnson and Rob Z. are pissed, man they are ripping the program right now. I cant wait to see what Damon Benning has to say.

Haters.....they HATE the program....oh wait...they all played for NU.....Clester said that alot of his former teammates are just dumbfounded right now about the program.

Hey Former quick question have you ever posted anything positive about this staff. Our are you just so pissed peddy fired solich that it has blinded with rage that you target to he staff. Every post I have seen from you has been I told you they suck or we suck or the coaching staff won't do this or won't play to the strength of the players. All your posts have been laced with distaste for the coaches. just a question GBR

Hell Yeah I think the Tech game was one of the best called games I have seen but that is just me! It showed me sparks that with the proper talent we will be good that the wco can and will work in coll.

mcrooks7 Posted on Nov 7 2005, 04:44 PM

yea their D is pretty tough inside the key........ :wtf

HaHa!!! Are you being sarcastic? They really are. Take a look at the stats if you do not believe me. But they end up losing a lot because their D isn't capable of always making up for really, really crappy offensive progression. Well ... that is ... until we played them. :) Oh well.

No, I don't think we should fire Callahan at this point. That could sink us further -- what couch would want to come to NU? Let's hope we can close strong on this recruiting class -- although I must admit it's going to be more difficult to accomplish this year.

I have believed in the past that we should give Callahan four or five years to see what he can do. But with the lack of improvement this year, he needs to show a lot more progress next year.

Examples:

1) At least two games games where they have over 200 yards rushing and over 200 yards passing.

2) At least a few games where the offense opens the game with a touchdown drive.

3) At least more than half the games where the defense stops the opponents' opening drives.

4) At least half the games we have the lead after the first quarter;

5) At least win seven games during the regular season.

6) At least only get dominated by great teams like USC and Texas, not by the likes of Missouri or Kansas.

If he fails to show this kind of progress next year, it's time for him to go.

Hell Yeah I think the Tech game was one of the best called games I have seen but that is just me! It showed me sparks that with the proper talent we will be good that the wco can and will work in coll.

And they still lost :wtf

That should tell you all you need to know. According to one assistant, the Super Bowl was billy c's best job of coaching :blink: WOW! Does it ever show :wtf

Let's just fire everyone. If we do that, we will be back on top in a month. No problem. This stuff is so easy I don't see why people don't get it!  :sarcasm

Are you insuating that I have said that recently?? If so, Id like to know where??

Frankly, Im at a loss. If NU fires billy c, how far does that set them back?? How long can we let him do what he does best, and how low will the program sink?? Rock and a hardplace........ <_<

No, I'm not saying you said that.

It's the feeling I get from talking to people. People who don't see the large picture. The picture that, ok, we fire them. What happens then? Who's going to coach? What happens to the current players? What if you don't like the new staff because they too aren't into satisfying your insatiable craving for instant gratification? Fire them too? Then who in God's name would come coach here?

Or the large picture: this staff never gets it done, and it takes years, if ever to regain its rightful place in college football. Mired in mediocrity, bottom of the barrel, no chance to make it out......NU doesnt have the advantages of ND, OU, Miami, USC, CU, UT, etc. etc. etc. When do we say enough is enough??

Dave, in all honesty, I like you, and you are not a dumb guy. However, in all of this, I have yet to see you at any time place any blame or responsibility for this mess on pud or billy c. Do you honestly feel that they are beyond reproach in this debacle and shouldnt shoulder some of the blame???

On a side note: I caught the last part of the Rome show, and he had nothing but great things to say about NU, Omaha, the fans...etc...talked about his tour stop and how great it was, how moving it was. He was dismayed at how far NU has fallen and what that means to us as fans :wtf

Wow Former. That is new. Telling someone that he isn't arguing correctly because he refuses to place blame. Interesting choice of tactics. Dave is making sense by honestly looking at the situation and just talking about facts. You seem to simply be interested in finding any way to place blame on someone. Maybe you should think about this yourself, man.

Wow Former. That is new. Telling someone that he isn't arguing correctly because he refuses to place blame. Interesting choice of tactics. Dave is making sense by honestly looking at the situation and just talking about facts. You seem to simply be interested in finding any way to place blame on someone. Maybe you should think about this yourself, man.

Hey, dude is entitled to his opinion, I was just curious about it.

Correct me if Im wrong, but its somebodys fault is it not???

But the NFL only takes the dregs out of the college ranks. So lets see, coaching is more important or less. If only the stellar players are NFL quality then talent must not have anything to do with the game only coaching. Wait a minute, if talent is the key ingredient then coaching must be almost obsolete. Was that diatribe a perfect example of how people talk in circles. That is what some of theses post sound like to me IMO not that of the management. :)

Does it really matter what Jim Rose thinks, NO. How about Corso who listened to him before?????? Talking heads are maroons(the majority). They care about market share and ratings. That is their bottom line. Husker Nation is the important issue. That includes the players, coaches and fans. Thank you for flying with Husker Nation today, but please notice the Head Coach has put on the seat belt sign. For your safety please keep your belts securely fastened due to the possibility of turbulence ahead and a rough ride at times. :cheers

The only player opinions that are important are the current players. They are the ones on the field making the sacrifices. Support them not the media. The graduated players can say with pride they played at NU. If they are ashamed now then I feel sorry for them. What a skewed viewpoint they must have or just too full of themselves to think otherwise.

GBR

Ha! I could get into a whole side arguement about the nature of this country needing to find someone to blame when something goes wrong. But I wont. All I will say is this: blame time. Or history. There has never been a supreme dictator in all of human existance, and as much as football can, it mirrors this on the field. I know we always want to win, but we can't. Time brought down the Romans, and the British Empire, why are we so suprised that it brought donw us too? That isn't to say that the sport of football isn't more forgiving than that of historical civilization. Just try to focus on that aspect: there will come a time of comeuppance. Who knows, maybe we are just about to start some more streaks. I for one am excited to see.

And they still lost :wtf

That should tell you all you need to know. According to one assistant, the Super Bowl was billy c's best job of coaching :blink: WOW! Does it ever show :wtf

And they still lost

And had they not fumbled the ball and won, your excuse would have been "they only won by luck because of a tipped pass"

What's your point?