Lincoln woman goes on insane homophobic rant at hearing

Where on campus does she set up? And when? I often walk through campus on lunch and I don't recall seeing her.

This year she has been posting up in front of the union when I have seen her. Last year she would stand by the sculpture between burnett and andrews hall, (just south of the bell tower). Most often when I see her it is mid morning-mid afternoon. I dont know how often she comes out during the summer months though. She is known for wearing a big blue trenchcoat/parka thing and standing in the freezing cold to rant about nonsense.

Video of testifier's anti-gay words goes viral, but there's more to the story

Jordan Pascale

A video of a woman testifying against the anti-discrimination ordinance at the Lincoln City Council this week went viral, but her family says she is diagnosed with schizophrenia and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Svoboda lives at an assisted-living facility in Lincoln and is listed as a protected person, according to court documents. Her brother, Patrick Svoboda of Ogallala, is her conservator because she is incompetent, the documents say.

He was unaware of the video's popularity, but wasn't surprised -- he knew it would be a matter of time before she got in trouble somewhere.

He said he's disappointed the video garnered such attention and jokes without the whole story.

"To me, it shows how little society really cares about people with mental health issues," Patrick Svoboda said. "She does have a very tender heart ... but anything she says is certifiably schizophrenic ... she's not some crazy conservative."

Cementing what has already been alluded to in this thread.

She has a fairly serious mental illness. Most likely schizophrenia.

A video of a woman testifying against the anti-discrimination ordinance at the Lincoln City Council this week went viral, but her family says she is diagnosed with schizophrenia and shouldn't be taken seriously.

11qtism.jpg

Football = spiked.

Edit: FWIW it must be extremely difficult for her family to deal with this kind of publicity. Rough stuff.