Kansas bans Sharia law

With a 120-0 House vote earlier this week and a 33-3 Senate vote yesterday the great State of Kansas finally took steps to counter its greatest threat; the imposition of Islamic Law.

Broadly written to avoid direct references to the Islamic code, the Bill's stated target is "the application of foreign legal codes in American courts"...a pretty thinly veiled reference to Sharia considering much of the floor discussion referenced it directly. The Bill will now head to Governor Brownback for his official autograph...

According to the Council on American-Islamic Relations at least twenty States are considering implementing or have implemented such laws with Michigan now in the process as well.

I think that warrants one big, gap-toothed, Joe McCarthy smile...

USAmccarthy.jpg

God Bless America...and go Broncos.

Too bad they didn't ban biblical based laws while they were at it. Religion has no place in legal code.

Technically, biblical laws should fall under the category of "foreign legal codes". I'd say they did ban them without realizing it. Whoops-a-daisy.

meh. It's all just posturing. Then again, that's most of politics.

/edit: Broncos? :dunno

Ah I just watched the South Park where the kids go to Afghanistan and finish the episode by planting a little American flag and pondering what it means to be an American.

"America may have some problems but its our home, our team...and if you don't want to root for our team then you should get the hell out of the stadium....go America..yea go America...and go Broncos"

Sorry, it was fresh in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...