New SEC and Big 12 Alliance...

Yeah, I spose they grab UConn, Rutgers, and maybe even USF (and maybe not) and entrench themselves as the 5th best conference, 1st best in basketball. THen the Big east is a bizarre frankenstein. a group of great BB onl schools with a mish mash from all over then country of unrelated football schools. IF that came of the Big East, the BB only schools should just break off, as ND would split anyway...

The ACC could grab those schools you mention, but the Big East will not go away. I could see ND staying with the Big East BB schools for all sports outside of football no reason for them not to Georgetown, Marquette, St. Johns, Villanova are a great group of schools if you have your own football deal. The news on this new playoff should be coming soon, that will clear a lot of things up.

Yeah, buit all the other schools the Big East added for football are clutter in basketball (ok, not Temple and Memphis). A lot of the BB only schools are Catholic, though, so I am sure it is playing on ND's mind on what the effect on them will be. SInce they get nothing but dysfunction from football, I would think they might be better off without it.

7 Basketball only Catholic Schools in the Big East...

Marquette

Georgetown

Seton Hall

St. John's

Villanova

Providence

DePaul

Florida State to the Big12? what the hell is going on here? I read somewhere about BYU looking into football-only with the Big12, too. right now, the only real stable conference seems to be the B1G. And what's going on with the playoff talks? Is it really going to happen. How would they make that work? Obama says it's time to get a playoff, and look what happens - guess that's all it took after years and years of snubs and controversies.