Loving America so much that you spell it incorrectly.

I believe that this alone disqualifies George Romney from being President of these United States.

I think the fact that George Romney has been dead for 17 years disqualifies him.

He was trying to be clever . . . and it wasn't too bad of an attempt . . . but he was a little overeager to gloat about me addressing the wrong Romney. He apparently didn't notice that I specifically referenced our Willard.

I wasn't gloating because of anything. I was, however, kinda' amused that Barack Obama flubbed his likely opponent's name when he had no teleprompter to read, and he did catch his maistake (if it was a mistake). And it happened shortly after you posted the "gotcha" regarding the misspelling of America by the Romney campaign. Matching gaffes is really not all that difficult whenever everyone is under the microscope. I'll stop if you do.

And it happened shortly after you posted the "gotcha" regarding the misspelling of America by the Romney campaign. Matching gaffes is really not all that difficult whenever everyone is under the microscope. I'll stop if you do.

Well, that clears everything up. Oh. Wait. Isn't half of this thread devoted to people agreeing that this wasn't Romney's gaffe?

It's hard to stop when I haven't started.

I was, however, kinda' amused that Barack Obama flubbed his likely opponent's name when he had no teleprompter to read, and he did catch his maistake (if it was a mistake).

Ooooooh! Teleprompter slam! I can't believe how few people know that Obama was the first president to use a teleprompter. :P

You guys are all just bored and are playing around, right? You're not all intentionally misreading each others' statements looking for any slight, real or implied, are you? Because it kinda looks like that's what's going on here.

Not really. Someone started a thread ridiculing the Romney camp for misspelling America. Since you can't refute a gaffe, I covered his with an Obama miscue. FYI, I am at that point in my life where I do few things intentionally. Well, I did say I would stop this back and forth with barbs regarding gaffes, and so I will.