Nebraska Preview 2012: Michigan Perspective

The writing was annoying but it was fairly in line with my thoughts. Except... "None of the Huskers receivers were that good last season, and it's pretty safe to say they won't be unearthing any new talent this fall." I have hope that they'll be surprising some people. I think our WRs have a lot of potential as long as Kinnie hasn't passed on the disease that Paul gave him.

HA! If he said that, he is dead wrong

The Cody Green transfer is an honest mistake; he meant to say Aaron Green. But that stuff about the receivers...sorry man! Also feel decent about the OL. They did OK last year, we have a lot of coaches there, and the tricky part will be replacing the seniors that left. I hope when people watch the OL this year they will realize a few things:

1) rushers are going to blow by the OL from time to time. The best OL don't win all of their battles.

2) pass pro doesn't last forever, or even more than a several seconds. It's not supposed to.

3) when we run a zone read, there is supposed to be a dang unblocked defender. No, they did not "miss" a block. It's called the zone read.

The writing was annoying but it was fairly in line with my thoughts. Except... "None of the Huskers receivers were that good last season, and it's pretty safe to say they won't be unearthing any new talent this fall." I have hope that they'll be surprising some people. I think our WRs have a lot of potential as long as Kinnie hasn't passed on the disease that Paul gave him.

The Cody Green transfer is an honest mistake; he meant to say Aaron Green. But that stuff about the receivers...sorry man! Also feel decent about the OL. They did OK last year, we have a lot of coaches there, and the tricky part will be replacing the seniors that left. I hope when people watch the OL this year they will realize a few things:

1) rushers are going to blow by the OL from time to time. The best OL don't win all of their battles.

2) pass pro doesn't last forever, or even more than a several seconds. It's not supposed to.

3) when we run a zone read, there is supposed to be a dang unblocked defender. No, they did not "miss" a block. It's called the zone read.

If you look at the talent....NEB will be fielding one of the best WR cores in the BIG10. Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Quincy, Kyler Reed...need I say more?....hehe Drinking the koolaid mmmmm. Tastes gooood.

If you look at the talent....NEB will be fielding one of the best WR cores in the BIG10. Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Quincy, Kyler Reed...need I say more?....hehe Drinking the koolaid mmmmm. Tastes gooood.

that can be a talented group, their production SHOULD rise this fall.......let's hope Beck gets them in the game.

that can be a talented group, their production SHOULD rise this fall.......let's hope Beck gets them in the game.

Let's hope they catch the ball.

some of what he says is pretty accurate, but he doesn't give either line a chance to improve, which is totally unrealistic. the real question is, how much better will our O and D lines be.......

Wouldn't the real question be "will our O and D lines be better or worse?" It sounds like you think that they must be better. I don't think that is correct.

some of what he says is pretty accurate, but he doesn't give either line a chance to improve, which is totally unrealistic. the real question is, how much better will our O and D lines be.......

Wouldn't the real question be "will our O and D lines be better or worse?" It sounds like you think that they must be better. I don't think that is correct.

You're right, it isn't.

But the odds? Yeah, I think so.

You're right, it isn't.

But the odds? Yeah, I think so.

What odds?

it's been so long since we have had a decent O line, i guess i am thinking they might be somewhat better, rather than worse this season?.......we have to get better eventually.....right?

Did Hunter94 write this?

Quite a bit wrong in the factual department and it pisses me off to read it, but alot of it is reality. Its just one guys uninformed opinion on a blog, and i really hope we can show up and play to our potential and shut up idiots like this. Even thou hes right about some things, just his attitude thru the whole article, the... were better then you attitude, makes me want to punch him in the face. If we play hard and to our potential theres no reason we shouldnt be in every game this year, we cant afford to shoot ourselves in the foot anymore.

Meh. Whoever typed that article obviously has about three brain cells. You're just going to give yourself a headache worrying about what every Husker hating moron out there says.

Not sure if you read the article, but he does predict NU to beat Michigan. Also, this guy has two engineering degrees from UM so I think it's safe to assume he has more than three brain cells.

He (you?) takes his (your?) little stabs and jokes at our program's expense, I take mine at his (yours?). Welcome to Huskerboard!

:thumbs

Hahaha. I am far from Brian Cook, but I appreciate the insinuation. For those thinking the writers at MGoBlog don't follow you football, you should read some of the other posts. Anyways, thought it might be interesting. Obviously making predictions in college football is fun but also pointless since you never know what can happen during the season.

Not sure if you read the article, but he does predict NU to beat Michigan. Also, this guy has two engineering degrees from UM so I think it's safe to assume he has more than three brain cells.

Leonard, Raj, Howard and Sheldon are also smart but it doesn't mean they know anything about football. Just sayin'

Actually Sheldon knows football. He has an idactic memory and he was dragged by his father since age 7 to games in east Texas - yuk. He tried to teach Leonard. I'll still take Penny though

it's been so long since we have had a decent O line, i guess i am thinking they might be somewhat better, rather than worse this season?.......we have to get better eventually.....right?

I hope so. We do have more than just Cotton coaching the OL . . . so that gives me some hope. I think we'll miss Caputo a lot on the OL.

The DL . . . well . . . I expect it to be about the same as last year. We lost the best player on the line but he didn't play for much of the season. The rest of the DL players look average to me.

Here's what ESPN had to say about the top B1G contenders.

Michigan Wolverines: +210 (+110)

Wisconsin Badgers: +250 (-195)

Nebraska Cornhuskers: +450 (+245)

Michigan State Spartans: +700 (+310)

Even with Ohio State ineligible for the conference title, the Big Ten features a logjam at the top of the betting order, with a big gap between the top four teams and the projected also-rans. Like the ACC, there's better value to be found in the division odds. With three of the big four occupying the Legends division, defending champion Wisconsin has a clear path to return to Indianapolis.

The Badgers are odds-on at just less than 1:2, a reasonable, if not attractive, price that's certainly better than the alternatives. The Wolverines boast not only the nation's top defensive coordinator in Greg Mattison but also the league's leading returning leader in passing efficiency -- obviously not even Denard Robinson's best skill! Michigan State is a solid program that can expect sustained success under Mark Dantonio, but the loss of quarterback Kirk Cousins and his top four receivers leaves a big void in both production and leadership.

Four years into the Bo Pelini experiment in Lincoln, Nebraska continues to be defined by an overmatched coaching staff and atrocious ball security. The Huskers will disappoint their backers again in 2012. That leaves Michigan and Wisconsin as the clear favorites, and holding either to win its division would be a better move than speculating on the league title at large.

Here's what ESPN had to say about the top B1G contenders.

Michigan Wolverines: +210 (+110)

Wisconsin Badgers: +250 (-195)

Nebraska Cornhuskers: +450 (+245)

Michigan State Spartans: +700 (+310)

Even with Ohio State ineligible for the conference title, the Big Ten features a logjam at the top of the betting order, with a big gap between the top four teams and the projected also-rans. Like the ACC, there's better value to be found in the division odds. With three of the big four occupying the Legends division, defending champion Wisconsin has a clear path to return to Indianapolis.

The Badgers are odds-on at just less than 1:2, a reasonable, if not attractive, price that's certainly better than the alternatives. The Wolverines boast not only the nation's top defensive coordinator in Greg Mattison but also the league's leading returning leader in passing efficiency -- obviously not even Denard Robinson's best skill! Michigan State is a solid program that can expect sustained success under Mark Dantonio, but the loss of quarterback Kirk Cousins and his top four receivers leaves a big void in both production and leadership.

Four years into the Bo Pelini experiment in Lincoln, Nebraska continues to be defined by an overmatched coaching staff and atrocious ball security. The Huskers will disappoint their backers again in 2012. That leaves Michigan and Wisconsin as the clear favorites, and holding either to win its division would be a better move than speculating on the league title at large.

Ouch. Hard to argue about the atrocious ball security . . . hope they are wrong about the overmatched coaching staff.

Four years into the Bo Pelini experiment in Lincoln, Nebraska continues to be defined by an overmatched coaching staff and atrocious ball security. The Huskers will disappoint their backers again in 2012.

I want all sorts of stuff like this to be printed leading up to the season, because this team is awful when they think they're good.