B!G and Ivies collaborate on head injuries......

Comish

The most interesting part of this announcement for me was that it will be headed up by a Nebraska Prof.

I wonder what the Bevo's of the world think about an institution they forced out of the prestigious Academic consortium (can't come up with the exact name right now) HEADING up this ground-breaking process? Oh yeah, that's right..............the MED CENTER doesn't count because it's not on the grounds of the University. Nothing like the arrogance of Texas to let a pesky geography detail provide an excuse for their petty vendetta because we bolted their conference.

http://www.bigten.or.../061912aaa.html

Yeah... it was the ouster... and I can't recall the name of the group right now either. Same one Syracuse exited voluntarily at the same time. But this doesn't surprise me, considering that isn't part of the new construction on the stadium to be going to a research facility specifically for head injuries? Can't remember the name of the facility, but as I recall, it's going to be located inside the new construction at Memorial Stadium.

Yeah... it was the ouster... and I can't recall the name of the group right now either. Same one Syracuse exited voluntarily at the same time. But this doesn't surprise me, considering that isn't part of the new construction on the stadium to be going to a research facility specifically for head injuries? Can't remember the name of the facility, but as I recall, it's going to be located inside the new construction at Memorial Stadium.

It is inside and the Athletic Dept is making a big donation.

This is cutting edge stuff and T.O. has us helping lead the charge.

I wonder what the Bevo's of the world think about an institution they forced out of the prestigious Academic consortium (can't come up with the exact name right now) HEADING up this ground-breaking process? Oh yeah, that's right..............the MED CENTER doesn't count because it's not on the grounds of the University. Nothing like the arrogance of Texas to let a pesky geography detail provide an excuse for their petty vendetta because we bolted their conference.

It was the AAU we were voted out of. What did UT have to do with this? The head of the AAU was the president of UT from 93-97, so he was 14 years disconnected from UT. Was there something more?

Anyway, this study is good stuff, and I'm glad we're part of it.

The most interesting part of this announcement for me was that it will be headed up by a Nebraska Prof.

All of the Big 12 members voted to keep us in. You might want to talk to Michigan and Northwestern (IIRC) who voted us OUT!

All of the Big 12 members voted to keep us in. You might want to talk to Michigan and Northwestern (IIRC) who voted us OUT!

Are you positive?

I'm fairly sure I remember something about Texas basically circumventing the rules and having a vote out of order to get it accomplished.....??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/693354-nebraska-sacked-was-expulsion-from-the-aau-reprisal-for-leaving-the-big-12

"Much speculation centers with Texas since Berdahl (who is retiring from the AAU at the end of this month) was President at Texas during the 1990s when the Big 12 was formed. Perlman claims that Nebraska was supported by all the Big Ten and Big 12 institutions in the organization. Was Nebraska singled out for review by the AAU last February due to its announced change in athletic conferences last year?"