***OFFICIAL*** Playoff *** System *** Thread ***OFFICIAL****

okaive

The playoff will apparently be called "College Football Playoff"

I believe the ad firm that helped them pick that name was the same firm that lost out to Pentagram when the Big Ten was hiring someone to come up with division names. They couldn't match the creativity of Legends and Leaders.

:sarcasm

^ ESPN Article

College Football Playoff will be the new name of the four-team playoff, which begins after the 2014 regular season, sources told ESPN.

This is the final season of the BCS (Bowl Championship Series). For months, the commissioners have said they wanted a simple name for the new playoff.

"It will be simple," BCS executive director Bill Hancock said earlier this week. "It will not be cutesy. And it will be descriptive. I've seen too many people make mistakes by trying to be cutesy."

^ ESPN Article

College Football Playoff will be the new name of the four-team playoff, which begins after the 2014 regular season, sources told ESPN.

This is the final season of the BCS (Bowl Championship Series). For months, the commissioners have said they wanted a simple name for the new playoff.

"It will be simple," BCS executive director Bill Hancock said earlier this week. "It will not be cutesy. And it will be descriptive. I've seen too many people make mistakes by trying to be cutesy."

He spends a lot of time staring into the mirror I'm bettin.

• 2 months later...