Frost pours his heart out in this blog

The transferring seems like a real possible issue to me.  The main reason - burning of redshirts.

I don't think that would be the reason. The freshman want to come in and play right away. Fans may want to put players away in the closet for a year, but the players want to play.

Sorry, but we don't have the depth to just decide a whole group of kids are not going to play this year.

The transferring seems like a real possible issue to me.  The main reason - burning of redshirts.

I don't think that would be the reason. The freshman want to come in and play right away. Fans may want to put players away in the closet for a year, but the players want to play.

Sorry, but we don't have the depth to just decide a whole group of kids are not going to play this year.

I haven't heard much of these rumors. In fact pretty much the first I heard of it was in Frost's blog. Are they being widely reported or is it just crazy basement guy conspiracy talk right now?

I haven't heard much of these rumors. In fact pretty much the first I heard of it was in Frost's blog. Are they being widely reported or is it just crazy basement guy conspiracy talk right now?

I have heard nothing officially reported. Full fledged rumors right now. Not even that strong.

On a side note, Josh Bullocks attended practice today. Apparently he knows who to call. Thats one thing that bugs me about that article. We dont' know who to call anymore. Well, you know how you fix that? CALL SOMEONE. I know that's what I do when I don't know exactly who I need to talk to. You have to start somewhere.

There is just tons of tiny tidbits in this blog

I know I am not the only one who feels this way about all of these issues. Most of the guys that I played with are more vocal than I am about many of these things. It isn’t just former players either. I know the stadium project hasn’t raised all of the money that they need yet. There are several people, and most of us know who they are, who could write a check tomorrow to have the whole facility finished. They’re not doing it because they are not happy with the state of affairs at South Stadium. I love Nebraska football. I love the state of Nebraska. I long for the days when the characteristics of the team we put on the field on Saturdays exemplified the characteristics of the hard working people of our state. We used to have the Taj mahal of college football programs. Now it feels like someone took 40 tons of dynamite to our proud and noble masterpiece and built a three bedroom ranch in its place. I’m not saying all of these things to be malicious or overly critical of anyone, but when it comes to a state institution, people have the right to be judgmental. I just want to share my opinions with all of the Husker fans out there who care as much about the program as I do.

It's good to see a former player speak up. I'm sure he's one of many. I can't wait till someone calls Frost a hater because he doesn't believe in Pederson's regime. I think most of us spend more time thinking of ways to improve things in Lincoln than Pederson actually spent on his one man journey to locate "the best coach he has ever been around" which he stated in the OWH.

It's good to see a former player speak up.  I'm sure he's one of many.  I can't wait till someone calls Frost a hater because he doesn't believe in Pederson's regime. I think most of us spend more time thinking of ways to improve things in Lincoln than Pederson actually spent on his one man journey to locate  "the best coach he has ever been around" which he stated in the OWH.

Haha. "Frost you're such a hater. That old option is dead. We need a makeover and you just have to have patience. What's wrong with you? Go watch Air Force if you want to see the option. It's dead now." :sarcasm

We all care too much! That's why everybody is in such turmoil! We have been spoiled for too many years, and all of a sudden the "rug is pulled from under us"! I remember clear back to the Championship teams of the 70's. What tradition and pride! Losing wasn't even an option.......we just always won! Boys grew up wanting to play for Nebraska their whole lives! How many walk-ons did we have because Nebraska was "the place to be"? The coaches really cared about the players and they seemed like such a "family". I think we let the "outsiders" take control. Bill doesn't have that Big Red blood in his veins and no matter what, he isn't going to have the same feeling that we do! It's kind of like living here in Ohio....the Buckeyes have the same tradition etc, but it's something that I don't understand like the way I understand Big Red football. I'm frustrated just like everybody else is, but I will support Big Red football forever! We need to show those boys that we're behind them all the way no matter what! Here's to a Big Red victory on Saturday!

Screw Frost. He's a fair-weather fan, a hater, a troll, a flamer....oh, you mean he actually PLAYED for this program and he and MANY former players feel this way :blink::wtf:wtf

:sarcasm

Yes, alot of the former players do feel like this, as do alot of the fans. Even though I didnt play for NU, I understand how Scott feels, as alot of us feel this way. This is a great read. Yes Dave and Newearth, it is a great read. BTW, I wouldnt equate him saying that the staff should be given one more year to a huge vote of confidence in the staff. He ripped them pretty good, like he said, he and many of the former players dont feel welcome there anymore. I have heard alot of stories similar to this one ever since the whole firing/hiring debacle took place. I have been trying to tell ya'll this :thumbs

The program has a long, long, long way to go, my friends. <_< Thanks Scott, and Go Big Red ;)

Screw Frost. He's a fair-weather fan, a hater, a troll, a flamer....oh, you mean he actually PLAYED for this program and he and MANY former players feel this way :blink::wtf:wtf

:sarcasm

Yes, alot of the former players do feel like this, as do alot of the fans. Even though I didnt play for NU, I understand how Scott feels, as alot of us feel this way. This is a great read. Yes Dave and Newearth, it is a great read. BTW, I wouldnt equate him saying that the staff should be given one more year to a huge vote of confidence in the staff. He ripped them pretty good, like he said, he and many of the former players dont feel welcome there anymore. I have heard alot of stories similar to this one ever since the whole firing/hiring debacle took place. I have been trying to tell ya'll this :thumbs

The program has a long, long, long way to go, my friends. <_< Thanks Scott, and Go Big Red ;)

No, I don't think he ripped the staff. I think he was very subtle in his ripping of Pud. I always liked Frost. In fact, I was one of the few in 1996 when he came back to Lincoln that actually stood up for him. He was hated for a while there. But, winning does cure everything and the fans eventually came around.

Basically, he said how Pud went about everything was entirely wrong. I agree. We should have had a search committee, and it should have been in place long before Solich was fired. They should have been searching out a coach long before the 03 season was over. I agree that it could have been worse with the coaches Pud sought after first. For some reason, Pearlman handed Pud a huge shovel. Now, someone just needs to tell Pud the best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging. No comment after a game and then issuing a statement some 4 or 5 days later doesn't cut it. If there are any other schools out there wanting to see first hand how not to do something, look no further than Pud and the University of Nebraska.

It was a good read. He made very valid points. It's nice to see a former player that was so good and bleeds Husker Red come out and say what a lot of us disgruntled fans are saying. I totally agree with the point he made about the old tradition and how it seemingly isn't good enough for Pud and co. now. I guess I just don't understand it. Other programs embrace tradition and how things were done in successful programs. NU seems to want to separate itself as far as possible from the old ways.

No, I don't think he ripped the staff.  I think he was very subtle in his ripping of Pud.

Maybe I read it differently, but he actually mentioned pud by name and told him what he did wrong, how he screwed up. And when he said that he and many former players dont feel welcome, that all the traditions are gone, and that nothing ties this program to its glory days...I guess I took that as a pretty harsh criticism of the staff and administration.

I always liked Frost.  In fact, I was one of the few in 1996 when he came back to Lincoln that actually stood up for him.  He was hated for a while there.  But, winning does cure everything and the fans eventually came around. 

Agreed, I think that people were way too hard on the guy. He handled it with class and poise. I felt bad for him, and thought that he played well for the most part, in 96.

Basically, he said how Pud went about everything was entirely wrong.  I agree.  We should have had a search committee, and it should have been in place long before Solich was fired.  They should have been searching out a coach long before the 03 season was over.  I agree that it could have been worse with the coaches Pud sought after first.  For some reason, Pearlman handed Pud a huge shovel.  Now, someone just needs to tell Pud the best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging.  No comment after a game and then issuing a statement some 4 or 5 days later doesn't cut it.  If there are any other schools out there wanting to see first hand how not to do something, look no further than Pud and the University of Nebraska. 

It was a good read.  He made very valid points.  It's nice to see a former player that was so good and bleeds Husker Red come out and say what a lot of us disgruntled fans are saying.  I totally agree with the point he made about the old tradition and how it seemingly isn't good enough for Pud and co. now.  I guess I just don't understand it.  Other programs embrace tradition and how things were done in successful programs.  NU seems to want to separate itself as far as possible from the old ways.

:yeah:cheers

Who cares what that traitor thinks? If he bled NU red then why didn’t he come here out of High School? :sarcasm

As far as there being a different feeling in South Stadium, Aaron Taylor said this exact thing after the 02 season. When all those old timers were fired, I mean were asked to retire by Frankie.

I respect what Frost has to say. His word carries a little more weight then most people (former players for that matter). I think he is actually around every weekend and follows things pretty closely. Kind of like when McBride or Uncle Milt says something you take it as their true feelings. No more, no less. (Even if it does support your own views)

It's odd, but Frost refers to some of the same things Weis did when he came on board at ND - involve former players, involve the students and fans at every turn, recruit from your areas with the biggest base of support (in ND's case, Indiana, Chicago and Ohio - Nebraska's being the state of Nebraska itself). He hired Ron Powlus (a former quarterback at ND) as director of player development and brought in coaches who had served Our Lady's University in the past.

IMHO, the more people with ties to the university that know the traditions and have a personal emotional stake in the outcome, the better off the program is.

Believe it or not, even after all the Hollywood attention in the last decade or so since the movie, Dan Ruediger (Rudy) spoke to the team for only the very first time *this year*. Has Green, Phillips, Graham, Wistrom or even Rodgers (who lives just in Omaha, I think) been back at all in the last two years in any official capacity?

Frost commented on the release of the prior staff and that it was mishandled calling the interviews "pointless and insincere". Although the interviews were cursory, the BC staff did retain Gill at least. Unfortunately, he moved on too soon, I think.

In my estimation, history and tradiiton come from people, not historical archives. If the line of people who hold that tradition is severed, the ties to the past are severed as well.

That's not to say a new tradition can't be born here in the Callahan era and beyond, of course. But if that tradition is winning and a program loses some of its identity as a result, then it's a lot harder to do.

Still, have to hand it to Frost for being open about this stuff and walking a fine line between being a true, albeit somewhat critical, fan with a love of the university and a whiner/hater.

There are better days ahead, Husker Faithful - whether it's with Callahan or not, it doesn't much matter. NU will be back. Guaranteed.

IRISH!

GBR!

What about if you weren't born here you couldn't understand. Well, if you didn't play at NU then you can't understand either RIGHT. BS IMO neither applies. Lambs fans, Flaker fans, doesn't matter. Unless of course you are fairweather fans which many fans are just not NU fans :):thumbs