Big Ten Coaches on the 'Hot Seat'

I get that NU fans don't like Iowa. Hell, even I don't like Iowa but admit it... Ferentz can coach. Hawkeye fans know that and are aware that being Iowa, they'll never have a huge stadium or get great recruits and probably will have difficulties attracting a premier coach. Ferentz is a continuation of Fry and the two of them put together are easily the best thing to happen to that school in the modern era. He brings them wins and the occasional big bowl, is great at developing talent and is one of the best at doing more with less. They'd be stupid to fire him.

He is a good coach, but Iowa over pays him. Kirk makes almost a million more a year than Bo. Bo would be run out of town if Nebraska went 8-5 then 7-6 two seasons in a row.

That is the thing with Ferentz, he makes elite money to go 7-5. He has had big years obviously but 7-5 is the norm.

Think they'd be better-off with a solid guy that works for less and using the difference to fill-up on top-of-the-line staff that recruit balls to the wall. It's no secret Ferentz hogs the football staffing money

I was surprised Solich was even a 2. Jim Grobe got a better job just for doing OK at Ohio and otherwise they've flat-out sucked.

I like Jerry Kill at Minn (I was really impressed with their game at USC last year). I think Wilson has bowl potential at IU. I have never been impressed with Hoke at Purdue. These three teams, along with Illinois need to step up and make the B1G a stronger conference.

That's a good point as I forgot about that game. I was shocked to see them playing so well. He knocked the Hogeyes out the last two years too. Yes, you're right.....Kill very well may be a keeper.

I like Jerry Kill at Minn (I was really impressed with their game at USC last year). I think Wilson has bowl potential at IU. I have never been impressed with Hope at Purdue. These three teams, along with Illinois need to step up and make the B1G a stronger conference.