I met Scott Frost today!

I ran against Scott Frost in high school in the 110 hurdles :) He was a pretty cool dude even back then.

I remember warming up before the race and him being next to me in lane 5 and he said after the race that he wondered how I was going to run those high hurdles (I'm only 5'7" tall)...but he was pretty big even back then (he threw shotput for crying out loud!). He was very nice even after the race.

Was probably nice to you cause he whipped yo azz!! :D

Actually, I beat him ;)

I was a speed demon in high school.

I call bullsh#t(cough,cough)!! :D

I ran against Scott Frost in high school in the 110 hurdles :) He was a pretty cool dude even back then.

I remember warming up before the race and him being next to me in lane 5 and he said after the race that he wondered how I was going to run those high hurdles (I'm only 5'7" tall)...but he was pretty big even back then (he threw shotput for crying out loud!). He was very nice even after the race.

Actually, I beat him ;)

Hey, it was my one claim to fame...and if I hadn't pulled my hamstring before conference that year I might have faced him in the state meet 110 Hurdlesas well :| Instead, I have no medals from my senior year.

Hahahahaha :D

Met him at a Red White game in either 03 or 04. My friends dad knew Scott so we got to meet him at halftime and get his autograph. I was 11 at the time so I don't really remember a whole lot about it other than he stuck around to chat for a solid 15 minutes. I don't have the shirt anymore unfortunately :( I wore the autographed t-shirt so much it just slowly faded and could hardly see it anymore. I'm an idiot I know!

• 2 weeks later...

Olympics just one highlight for (Mom) Frost

Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:00 pm | Updated: 10:59 am, Thu Jul 12, 2012.

By SUZI NELSON

<snip>

“I was the best American, but I couldn’t beat these two Russians,” she said.

In 1967, Frost broke through with a gold medal in the discus at the Pan American Games. That was the same year she graduated from NU with a degree in physical education and math. Even as a student, Frost faced gender discrimination.

“The PE department head was opposed to me competing,” she said. “That was back in the day when women were in their place.”

LINK

Article from the Kearney Hub a couple days ago. Scott Frost has some pretty good genes for athletics. :thumbs:

Actually, I beat him ;)

Hey, it was my one claim to fame...and if I hadn't pulled my hamstring before conference that year I might have faced him in the state meet 110 Hurdlesas well :| Instead, I have no medals from my senior year.

Uncle_Rico.jpg

"Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

- Uncle Rico

:D