5 Bold Predictions for Taylor Martinez

This thread will likely endure to the start of the season because Martinez is such an enigmatic figure. I don't think there has ever been a Husker QB that could go from looking like he possessed god like athleticism and ability in one game or half or play to looking like a mediocre and indecisive player in the next. I think it is this inconstancy and the dichotomy between the two types of performances that frustrates fans and leads to the endless discussions about him that occur. His ceiling is ridiculously high as he demonstrated in the first half of that RS freshman season and he'll continue to be judged against that, fair or not.

This thread will likely endure to the start of the season because Martinez is such an enigmatic figure. I don't think there has ever been a Husker QB that could go from looking like he possessed god like athleticism and ability in one game or half or play to looking like a mediocre and indecisive player in the next. I think it is this inconstancy and the dichotomy between the two types of performances that frustrates fans and leads to the endless discussions about him that occur. His ceiling is ridiculously high as he demonstrated in the first half of that RS freshman season and he'll continue to be judged against that, fair or not.

Or it could be that he plays QB and that's always the most debated position on any football team...

:snacks:

Haha! Les Miles wins a national championship, goes 8-5 the next year and gets fired.

Honestly I think Grobe is a pretty good coach. Is he great, maybe not. But he's solid, he's not some schmo.

Well, his last three years have all been losing seasons. Then throw in he was 0 - 2 vs the unconquerable Clownahan which doesn't exactly make him look like V. Lombardi either. If he's a good and/or great coach then I suppose everybody is.

Coach Osborne, wanted to keep Watson and Grobe wanted to keep no one and bring his entire staff. That was the deal breaker for him. Of course still feel the Pelini deal was already done and they were just going through the movements.

I had actually wanted Pat Hill at Fresno State, but that might not have turned out well either.

So far Pelini has done okay, he is learning, growing up both as a coach and a person. I am happy he is here, just do not expect the things from that others do. He is not a great coach, he is adequate and hopefully will grow into the great coach we need. He has a fantastic teacher in his corner, and it seems he is listening to him.

I do not blame the staff, I put the comment on the fans, because if Taylor fails, most, like on here will blame him for it.

Umm...so even though you are...and the fans don't control the team...who else is there?

Again, he was good enough that our current AD made him and offer, one of the few. He declined it.

When you are at the smallest school in Division 1 with the smallest budget, things are tough. His teams do not have the talent that others in conference do, but he plays the game right and normally losses are not routs. Normally every game is very close. I have not followed him much since he was in consideration for the job here.

As stated I wanted Pat Hill from Fresno State to be interviewed, but he was never contacted. I loved his fire and determination and how he got the kids to play so hard. Unfortunately I think he is done with coaching as Fresno State was his dream school.

Grobe is a good coach, and at the time far more qualifed than Bo. Who knows what would have happened. He may have gone 13-0 the first year too. No one knows, but the fact that he was offered the job should say something about his qualifications and percieved abilities.

I think this is going to be a tough year, I really do not know why I am so down on this year, but just see it turning out far below what most are looking for.

Huh, you would never glean such information with what you post.

And the sarcasm bullet hits dead center...

Haha! Les Miles wins a national championship, goes 8-5 the next year and gets fired.

Honestly I think Grobe is a pretty good coach. Is he great, maybe not. But he's solid, he's not some schmo.

Well, his last three years have all been losing seasons. Then throw in he was 0 - 2 vs the unconquerable Clownahan which doesn't exactly make him look like V. Lombardi either. If he's a good and/or great coach then I suppose everybody is.

Eh, he was coaching Wake Forest. Haha. Football juggernaut school right there. It's like if we played San Diego State while Brady Hoke was coaching, we probably win. And yet Hoke is a good coach.

Oh come on...Lord made Nebraska football fun again!

Yeah, we have to play West Virginia this year. Hopefully they'll leave the sheep alone long enough to keep the field grazed for the game...

Oh and we have to play TCU too. You know...I wondered about the integrity of those guys last year when I saw some of the players on the sideline getting oxygen through a water pipe but I kept my suspicions to myself.

By the way...any time you all want to thank my Cyclones for single-handedly crushing the BCS system and finally getting the NCAA to get off their asses and institute a playoff system like everybody wanted...you go right on ahead.

Oh come on...Lord made Nebraska football fun again!

Yeah, we have to play West Virginia this year. Hopefully they'll leave the sheep alone long enough to keep the field grazed for the game...

Oh and we have to play TCU too. You know...I wondered about the integrity of those guys last year when I saw some of the players on the sideline getting oxygen through a water pipe but I kept my suspicions to myself.

By the way...any time you all want to thank my Cyclones for single-handedly crushing the BCS system and finally getting the NCAA to get off their asses and institute a playoff system like everybody wanted...you go right on ahead.

For what team? And I'm not too sold on the current playoff system as it stands, but we'll see what happens. Good luck to you guys this season.