Starting Buckeye LB arrested for domestic violence

NUance

I'm still trying to get over his name being Storm.

jpjudj.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to guess why people started naming boys 'Storm' in 1991.

If you are referring to "the perfect storm," that seems like a terrible reason. "Mom, Dad, why did you call me Storm? Well son, there was this storm out in the northeast that a bunch of fishermen died from. Your mom and I found it rather romantic." I really hope this is not the reason.

I should disclose that I do think its a great name for a linebacker, but after that, not so much.

If you are referring to "the perfect storm," that seems like a terrible reason. "Mom, Dad, why did you call me Storm? Well son, there was this storm out in the northeast that a bunch of fishermen died from. Your mom and I found it rather romantic." I really hope this is not the reason.

facepalm.jpg

facepalm.jpg

LOL, good, then that is not what you were referring to.

As a follow-up, if its for desert storm, still a terrible reason.

Meh I tend not to criticize someone for naming their kids after something that was important to them in one way or another.

If that's the case, we are going to see a bunch of linebackers named Geronimo or Neptune Spear 16 years from now.

Not really. The current equivalent would be if there is a sudden spike in kids being named 'Freedom' (OIF/OEF).

As a follow-up, if its for desert storm, still a terrible reason.

Meh I tend not to criticize someone for naming their kids after something that was important to them in one way or another.

If that's the case, we are going to see a bunch of linebackers named Geronimo or Neptune Spear 16 years from now.

Not really. The current equivalent would be if there is a sudden spike in kids being named 'Freedom' (OIF/OEF).

Yeah, I am having fun, lighten up.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't she an American Gladiator?

Yep.

Useless information tangent...

I actually spent some time around some of the cast of that show.

Blaze (her real name is Sha-ri Pendleton which might ring a bell for some of you 'Huskers) was married at the time to a SSgt in my unit who was subsequently hired to help train the 'gladiators'. So for a while there was a bit of co-mingling behind the two groups. He later went on to play 'Nightmare' in a similar show called Knights & Warriors.

• 1 month later...
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The punishment isn't over yet, but Storm Klein's absence from Ohio State officially has ended.

<snip>

"The charges that would have violated our core values have been totally dismissed. ---Urban "Sweep-it-under-the-carpet" Meyer

LINK

Surprise, surprise, that didn't take long.