Romney/Bain

Uh oh.

Romney has consistently insisted that he was too busy organizing the 2002 Winter Olympics to take part in Bain business between 1999 and that event. But in the testimony . . . Romney noted that he regularly traveled back to Massachusetts. "[T]here were a number of social trips and business trips that brought me back to Massachusetts, board meetings, Thanksgiving and so forth," he said.

Romney's sworn testimony was given as part of a hearing to determine whether he had sufficient residency status in Massachusetts to run for governor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/mitt-romney-bain-departure_n_1669006.html

Deeper and deeper. So he is listed on the SEC filings as the sole owner, CEO, president, etc. . . . but claims to have no control over Bain.

Then, when he needs to claim Massachusetts residency status he says that he is repeatedly back in state to attend board meetings.

Those must have been the board meetings where they didn't decide anything . . . because otherwise that means that Romney lied under oath . . . again.

President Obama's three+ years in the WH gives him the edge in experience? Well, that is correct , I suppose. But it's like having all 24 starters returning on a lousy football team that went 0-11 last season. That's the kind of experience you don't need. Obama is like Jimmy Carter but without the integrity.

• Fire 1

I'm beginning to think the Koch Bros. are spending all that desperation money on repeats of the "Jimmy Carter without the ______" refrain. It's cropped up twice in this thread alone, and it's all over the conservative blogs.

What is it, $1 per use? What's the going rate?

I'm beginning to think the Koch Bros. are spending all that desperation money on repeats of the "Jimmy Carter without the ______" refrain. It's cropped up twice in this thread alone, and it's all over the conservative blogs.

What is it, $1 per use? What's the going rate?

Dang! Busted! It's true. i get paid to post the "Jimmy Carter without the ______" here. The difference between me and others here is that I'm earning private funds as opposed to those who spend time here on the public payroll. It's the right-wing way!

I get $10.00 per post. It's like Jimmy Carter without the public trough. Cha-ching!! $$$$$

And it gets even better . . . one of those 1999 Bain entities that Romney invested in and was totally not running (even though he held "voting and dispositive power") was in the business of disposing of aborted fetuses.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/07/romney-invested-in-a-fetus-disposal-company.html

My goodness. The ineptness is simply stunning. The GOP should have went with Santorum or Gingrich. (Never thought I'd hear myself say that.)

what i want to know is, what are they going to do about the 50% of Americans that dont pay any taxes?

Do you know how marginal tax rates work?

Nope

i hear Obama talking about people needing to pay thier fair share. I am fine with paying my fair share, as long as everyone and i mean everyone pays the same "fair share" just tell me what % of my income it is.

use 10% as the fair share for example.

If I make $100,000, I pay $10,000 in tax. Welfare checks then need to be cut by 10%, unemployment needs to be taxed at 10%, everyone gets taxed at 10%.

thats just me

what i want to know is, what are they going to do about the 50% of Americans that dont pay any taxes?

Nope

i hear Obama talking about people needing to pay thier fair share. I am fine with paying my fair share, as long as everyone and i mean everyone pays the same "fair share" just tell me what % of my income it is.

use 10% as the fair share for example.

If I make $100,000, I pay $10,000 in tax. Welfare checks then need to be cut by 10%, unemployment needs to be taxed at 10%, everyone gets taxed at 10%.

thats just me

do you know how little money goes to welfare? it is minuscule. also, taxes should be based on spending power. again, 10% is a lot more to you than romney; even though romney 10% would be, i don't know, 10,000% more than yours.

• Fire 2

Nope

<snip>

You admit that you don't know about marginal tax rates . . . and then you go on to propose tax policy?

The mind boggles.

• Fire 1