Romney/Bain

most people won't actually be voting for romney, they will be voting against obama.

I think that's the hope. It didn't work out for John Kerry but GOP voters do seem to more readily fall in line.

i agree. democrats have a broader range of interest and it can be hard to solidify your base, especially for someone as bland as kerry. plus, rove was incredible at fragmenting groups to build a majority. to the average american, bush was more appealing and an incumbent. romney has a steep hill to climb and hope that things do not continue to get better for obama/the economy.

romney has a steep hill to climb and hope that things do not continue to get better for obama/the economy.

That's what worries me. Any time that a political party can dramatically increase their power by either damaging the economy or willfully blocking economic growth . . . I get nervous.

I guess we are in the odd position of having the self-styled patriotic party hoping that things don't dramatically improve over the next few months.

• Fire 1

romney has a steep hill to climb and hope that things do not continue to get better for obama/the economy.

That's what worries me. Any time that a political party can dramatically increase their power by either damaging the economy or willfully blocking economic growth . . . I get nervous.

I guess we are in the odd position of having the self-styled patriotic party hoping that things don't dramatically improve over the next few months.

just like they freaked out in celebration over chicago not getting the olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMVRP0n-_c

It looks more and more likely that the Obama campain jumped the gun before all the facts were out. And once again people gobble it up without waiting for it to be fact checked. And since you brought up records, it really doesnt matter what Romneys records is, Obama had almost no relevent experience for the Presidency in 2008.

I'm not falling in love, or line, for Mitt Romney. In fact I don't care for him much at all. About the only thing he has going for him is that he is not Barack Obama. However, I can't fault him for outsourcing jobs, gutting companies, or his time in the private sector. I would probably like him more and would definitely have more respect for him if he would just stand up and take credit for doing the things that these Obama ads are accusing him of doing. He was making money for Bain and its investors. That was his job. But instead we get the usual politician two step and trying to satisfy both sides of the fence. That is why I don't like him. He reminds me way too much of John Kerry (maybe it's the hair...) But I will need to see video evidence of him smashing puppies to keep me from voting for him as long as Obama is still in the race. At this time in our country, we don't need another smooth talking, placate as many as possible type. We need somebody who will kick ass on the economy and take names. It seems nobody is up to the task and Obama has already proven he's not up to it. I'm sick and tired of the class warfare and pathetic job our elected reps do. Some sh#t has to change.

I'm probably missing something here but, is this in anyway associated with the Obama attack ads that accuse Romney of gutting companies while he was with Bain? Like that in way indicates what he would do as President. The implication of Obama's ad is that he would ruin the country/economy in the same way he supposedley put numerous people out of work and liquidadited "healthy, successful" companies. I don't get how doing a good job and maximizing your investors position equates to somehow not being able to be President. If you're CEO of a Bain Capital, that is what you do in some cases. I don't have problem with it and I am already tired of the sad old people they are trotting out to say what an evil person he is. Hello, that's how it works in the big time investment capital business.

his business model was to weaken america for a profit. why not just elect gordon gekko? the mba frame of mind might be great at making investors money, but it is good for no one else. there was a time in political and economic theory where the goal of the system (capitalism or marxism) was to create jobs to enhance liberty. not it is to make a quick buck before the end of the quarter no matter how short-sighted. it is asinine, does not create value, and is why our economy is so weak right now. he placed the benefit of the opulent minority over the vulnerable, hard-working many. not someone i want to be president. i wonder how you would feel about 'maximizing [the] investors position' if it came at the expense of your pension you worked for your whole adult life? actually, if you know anyone who worked for enron, ask them (http://en.wikipedia....nd_shareholders).

also, unemployment is a big issue in this election. well, romney made a career of helping people lose their jobs (and everything) so the most wealthy could have a little more:

GS Industries – 750 Jobs Lost: In a series of ads earlier this year, the Obama campaign hit Romney over Bain Capital’s purchase of GS Industries, a steel company that closed its Kansas City plant and eliminated 750 jobs in February 2001. The Romney campaign responded by claiming that Romney had left Bain Capital well before 2001, and was therefore not tied to the collapse of the GS. Bain Capital and its executives, including Mitt Romney, earned at least $12 million on the initial investment.

KB Toys – Up to 3,500 Jobs Lost: During the primary season, Newt Gingrich’s 30 minute documentary on Romney and Bain Capital spent a significant amount of time focused on KB Toys, a retail chain bought by Bain in 2000. At the time, the Romney campaign, with an assist from fact-checking groups like PolitiFact, pointed to the calendar. As these new filings show, Romney was still very much at Bain Capital when they purchased KB Toys, and profited mightily when the company took out crippling loans to pay Bain Capital an $83 million dividend.

Dade International – 1,700 Jobs Lost: Months after Romney claims to have left the company, Bain Capital received a $242 million bounty for its stake in the medical supply company. Romney profited substantially from the deal. In 2002, Dade International filed for bankruptcy, costing more than 1,700 people their jobs. At the time, Romney was the 100 percent owner of Bain Capital, the new documents show.

DDi Corporation – 275 Jobs Lost: In 1996, the circuit board manufacturer was bought by a group of investors, with Bain Capital in the lead, for more than $40 million. By December 1999, DDi closed a Colorado plant and fired 275 workers. Bain Capital, with Romney still listed as Chairman and CEO, then proceeded to take DDi public, raising $170 million during the company’s IPO in 2000. Over the next few months, Bain began selling off its stock, raising almost $100 million, more than doubling its investment. The stock plummeted shortly thereafter.

(http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/07/12/515555/the-bain-job-losses-mitt-romney-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about/)

just like they freaked out in celebration over chicago not getting the olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMVRP0n-_c

Whaaaaaaaat the effffffff.

Obama had almost no relevent experience for the Presidency in 2008.

Who has more relevant experience for the Presidency in 2012?

Maybe you should answer that, I think my statement is evidence enough of who I think does. And Sd'sker, how many jobs did bain capital end up saving from companies going into bankruptcy. And sometimes short term lay offs are necessary to fix the balance sheet of a company, I am sure those numbers don't take into account any hiring done by bane capital either.

Obama had almost no relevent experience for the Presidency in 2008.

Who has more relevant experience for the Presidency in 2012?

Maybe you should answer that,

OK.

Obama, who has been president for more than 3 years, has more relevant experience for the presidency in 2012.