50 years of Sellouts

Does anyone know how long the sellout streak is guaranteed for currently? For example, with season tickets, are all seats accounted for for the next 3 years? 5 years? Or is it just one season at a time.

I should slap myself for saying this, but if NU hits a rough patch, I'm guessing someone would swoop in and buy tix to secure the sellout streak? I know, should never be a problem, but was curious.

You only pay for the upcoming year's tickets (right?) so conceivably enough people could fail to renew next year that would empty the waiting list. Depending on what caused the exodus, they might be able to sell out by dropping the minimum donation requirement.

Back around the dark years of 89-91, there were some last minute tickets that nearly went unsold. I'm not sure if they were returned by the visiting team or if there were actually single game seats available from not selling out season tickets that didn't go for lousy OOC games, but I do remember reading about a bank coming in at the last minute to buy the tickets to keep the streak alive.

Regarding the picture in the OP, is it really a sell out when there is grass available to sit on?

(That's a joke going back to that thread where the guy claimed we didn't have a sellout streak because he saw a couple empty seats.)