Husker Letter

Guest TripleOption

When you call yourself FORMER FAN what does that mean? I take it as you dont support the program anymore. You bring it on yourself.

He genius, does it say "FormerNUfan" or "FormerHuskerFan" or "FormerBigRedFan" :dumdum:dumdum

Do you even know, or care to know, what the moniker means??? I dont support the program, yet I attend games and wear my U of N shirt, okay smart guy :wacko:

Just take your ball and go home.

This is retarded. Solich and his former staff never did anything to tarnish the schools rep.? What about all the rumors of Frankie's woman on the side? Or "Super" Bo cursing out Snyder on national TV and his baby act in the Alamo Bowl? Or when Frankie asked all the long time guys to retire (or was it fired them?)? There were plenty of former players mad about that.

Did these people thik Larry Phillips returing to the team was ok? I'm sure they did. Or Riley Washington shooting up a gas station and then playing later in teh year? These things did nothing to harm teh University.

As far as the former AD is concerned. His booster of substance remark ring a bell? At least Pud opened up the Husker Nation and seems to appear like he cares about the little guy. (notice I said appears) $ Bill didn't give to rats about anyone but the people with the fat pockets.

formerfan: Why on earth would you go to the games? You are opposed to Chancellor Perlman's choice of AD to the extent that you despise and denigrate the AD and the coaches. You have hate in your remarks that goes deep. You will never be happy again, even when the program turns around. You want to be right so badly that you are on a crusade against this entire athletic department. I feel sorry for anyone who can only get his jolllies at the expense of Big Red football.

Do you have a miserable personal life? Do you have friends?..or a wife?...or children?,,,or parents? No one could hate like you do without being personably in misery. I feel sorry for you!

***SNIP***

Do you have a miserable personal life?  Do you have friends?..or a wife?...or children?,,,or parents? No one could hate like you do without being personably in misery.  I feel sorry for you!

Folks, let's please debate the issues, and not attack or question other members. It doesn't accomplish anything.

If you must engage in this, please take it to the Woodshed.

Thanks.

When you call yourself FORMER FAN what does that mean? I take it as you dont support the program anymore. You bring it on yourself.

He genius, does it say "FormerNUfan" or "FormerHuskerFan" or "FormerBigRedFan" :dumdum:dumdum

Do you even know, or care to know, what the moniker means??? I dont support the program, yet I attend games and wear my U of N shirt, okay smart guy :wacko:

I asked what does this mean and you still didnt answer. So for the second time what does Former Fan mean?

I asked what does this mean and you still didnt answer. So for the second time what does Former Fan mean?

hush, children... less one of you wants DaveH to hit you with the 'brick of silence'.

To Former.

I didnt write a letter demanding that Solich was fired, did I? As a matter of fact, I never wrote in a letter to the university at all, and Im a student here! If part of my student fees went to the athletic program, than you better believe that they would have a responsibility to the students, but since they are completely self funded, your ONLY say is in how you spend your money. You dont run the athletic department, you dont hire induviduals, and apparantly, you dont even watch other sports, which are thriving under the leadership of Pederson. We are getting new athletic facilities, we are the only athletic department in the big twelve that is self sustaining, and we consistantly are getting the best athletes in the country in all sports to come to our school. You dont measure the success of a athletic director by football wins and losses. Your opinion, and by default you, dont matter.

To Former.

I didnt write a letter demanding that Solich was fired, did I? As a matter of fact, I never wrote in a letter to the university at all, and Im a student here! If part of my student fees went to the athletic program, than you better believe that they would have a responsibility to the students, but since they are completely self funded, your ONLY say is in how you spend your money. You dont run the athletic department, you dont hire induviduals, and apparantly, you dont even watch other sports, which are thriving under the leadership of Pederson. We are getting new athletic facilities, we are the only athletic department in the big twelve that is self sustaining, and we consistantly are getting the best athletes in the country in all sports to come to our school. You dont measure the success of a athletic director by football wins and losses. Your opinion, and by default you, dont matter.

To the contrary, I believe you do. When I was a student at UNL, there were only two athletic teams that actually ran in the black: men's basketball, and the football program. By the late 90's, there was only one team that ran in the black: the football team. Considering the volleyball team won the National Title in 95 and still lost money might tell you something. If UNL athletics wants to continue to be self sufficient, then they MUST AND I STRESS MUST keep the cash cow flowing.

It's nice we are thriving in other sports, but these other sports cost money they don't make money. In fact, we had several sports teams thriving in the mid 90's. I guess I don't see much difference other than the baseball team. I haven't really kept up, but maybe the baseball team is running in the black. I would assume that they are, but I don't know. I would also assume that the men's basketball program is still running in the red.

To Former.

To the contrary, I believe you do. When I was a student at UNL, there were only two athletic teams that actually ran in the black: men's basketball, and the football program. By the late 90's, there was only one team that ran in the black: the football team. Considering the volleyball team won the National Title in 95 and still lost money might tell you something. If UNL athletics wants to continue to be self sufficient, then they MUST AND I STRESS MUST keep the cash cow flowing.

It's nice we are thriving in other sports, but these other sports cost money they don't make money. In fact, we had several sports teams thriving in the mid 90's. I guess I don't see much difference other than the baseball team. I haven't really kept up, but maybe the baseball team is running in the black. I would assume that they are, but I don't know. I would also assume that the men's basketball program is still running in the red.

This is true in almost every athletic program across the country. Football supports the whole department, and what can't be made in revunue is made through boosters who donate largely because of football. Maybe there's a few people out there who write checks because of volleyball or baseball, but I'm willing to bet the vast majority have football on the mind when they send in the money.

To Former.

First, I dont know why you directed this at me??? I didnt write the freakin' letter :wtf

Second, when pud went hatchet man and decided that the football program was his frankenstein, at that point that IS how we decide how successful he is. All of the other sports, he has kept his dirty, filthy, disgusting hands off of, and they (except for Basketball) are doing pretty well.

pud has always been known as a "football guy" and to think that after he did what he did, his success wouldnt be linked to the success of the FB team is just assinine.

As for whose opinion means anything, the only opinion that means anything is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Apparantly you havent looked at the specifics of the new plans for the Tom and Nancy Osborne athletic, not football, facility. It has a new weighroom, for all sports, and facilities that are specifically for sports other than football, and if you didnt notice, the spirit of my post was that your opinion doesnt matter, your money does, and that determining the true success of an athletic program is measured by the acheivements in life of the student athletes that they produce, not by wins and losses. My previous post was directed at you because you specifically directed a post at me earlier that said than why make the change, and I defended myself by saying that I didnt call for Solich's head when he was the coach here, so saying that is not relevant to me or the topic.