Romney's Rough Day

The fact that it was on Drudge all day since the morning as the headline tells me you never checked in the first place.

Sure didn't see it when I checked. I was looking specifically to see what the spin would be. Nada.

I also find it interesting that the original post was completely lacking any kind of link for verification yet you require a link from everyone else or you don't believe it. Very odd indeed.

It'd seem a lot less odd to you if you'd stop and think about it. How do you go about proving that someone ISN'T reporting on something? I could provide direct links to the main pages of Drudge, Fox, etc. However, then when you stop to actually think . . . you realize that those sites change over time. Isn't that something? :lol:

If you are talking about a summary of Romney's blunders, here you go: http://www.guardian....-britain-gaffes

If you're talking about the lack of coverage perhaps someone more skilled in the ways of the internets than I can post a link to how a site looks at a given time in the past.

So now you are changing your story from not reporting to grudgingly reporting?

Not reporting as of the time of my post. After my post they did have some minor stories. That's not me changing my story . . . that's the story itself changing. It happens sometimes.

That said, it never made their BIG NEWS of the day area from what I saw. I think that might be a bit different if it had been Obama. :P

Did you make the original post as a copy and paste of some daily left talking points and not actually verify what they said yourself or are you simply making stuff up?

Neither. That's a decent false dichotomy though. Kudos.

So parrot is not your answer, got it. :lol:

So parrot is not your answer, got it.

So your only arguments have been debunked and you've got nothing else to add? Got it. :lol:

Debunked?

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2012/07/26/20120726_154650.htm 11:47am our time

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2012/07/26/20120726_160458.htm Cameron response on the top 10 minutes later

and

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2012/07/26/20120726_235656.htm still on there at the end of the day, 3 hours after you posted and more importantly 8 hours before you did.

I will apologize that I didn't post these earlier since I did know about them. I just wanted to see how far you would take your lie that they didn't report it and you actually looked.

Going to take anything you say with a grain of salt after this. :wacko:

Ummm.... When I click the first two links to the Drudge, it gives me the vaunted 404 - Not Found error.

The third link has erroneous information about this bust, according to the British Ambassador to the United States:

But Pfeiffer is refusing to back down. Following the Embassy's statement on Saturday, he updated his original post arguing the bust in the White House today is the original from the 1960s; the one returned at the start of this administration was lent to President George W. Bush by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and "on January 20, 2009 - Inauguration Day - all of the art lent specifically for President Bush's Oval Office was removed by the curator's office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency," he wrote.

Pfeiffer condemned "the idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British" as "completely false and an urban legend." The "others" include presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who fueled the debate Thursday when he vowed to return the bust should he take the Oval Office in November.

By the way - searching DrudgeReport.com for "Romney Questions if Brits Are Ready" produces three hits - the first two are to Sky.com, an outside news source, and the third is to the same headline on DrudgeReport.com - but it goes to our friend the 404 - Not Found error page.

Hope that helps. :)

Ummm.... When I click the first two links to the Drudge, it gives me the vaunted 404 - Not Found error.

The third link has erroneous information about this bust, according to the British Ambassador to the United States:

But Pfeiffer is refusing to back down. Following the Embassy's statement on Saturday, he updated his original post arguing the bust in the White House today is the original from the 1960s; the one returned at the start of this administration was lent to President George W. Bush by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and "on January 20, 2009 - Inauguration Day - all of the art lent specifically for President Bush's Oval Office was removed by the curator's office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency," he wrote.

Pfeiffer condemned "the idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British" as "completely false and an urban legend." The "others" include presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who fueled the debate Thursday when he vowed to return the bust should he take the Oval Office in November.

By the way - searching DrudgeReport.com for "Romney Questions if Brits Are Ready" produces three hits - the first two are to Sky.com, an outside news source, and the third is to the same headline on DrudgeReport.com - but it goes to our friend the 404 - Not Found error page.

Odd, they all work for me when I tried it again?

btw, it may work better to search drudgereportarchives.com since that is what those links are from.

:lol:

Nothing better than having the person arguing against you proves your own argument. That's great.

:lol:

Nothing better than having the person arguing against you proves your own argument. That's great.

At least it was proven you lied about actually checking Drudge before you posting he didn't mention it. :)

At least it was proven you lied about actually checking Drudge before you posting he didn't mention it. :)

Perhaps it's as simple as articles being posted, moved, updated, etc. This nonsense of people "lying" is a bit much. Let's not get personal.

At least it was proven you lied about actually checking Drudge before you posting he didn't mention it.

Someone still doesn't realize that sites change over time. :lol:

Anyways, the conservative propaganda site bashing distracts from the more important point: Romney appeared hopelessly inept. That's particularly funny since he is the figurehead of the party who claims that Obama is an amateur. #mitthitsthefan

Also, the #RomneyShambles continue into another country:

“Do you realize what health care spending is as a percentage of the G.D.P. in Israel? Eight percent,” he said. “You spend eight percent of G.D.P. on health care. You’re a pretty healthy nation. We spend 18 percent of our G.D.P. on health care, 10 percentage points more. That gap, that 10 percent cost, compare that with the size of our military — our military which is 4 percent, 4 percent. Our gap with Israel is 10 points of G.D.P. We have to find ways — not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to fund and manage our health care costs.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/us/politics/mitt-romney-courts-campaign-donors-in-israel.html?_r=1

(Israel, like Romneycare, has an individual mandate.)