Romney's Rough Day

All of Romney's UK blunders seem to be absent on Fox, Drudge, the Weekly Standard, and National Review. I wonder why that is?

Rebuked by the Prime Minister? Check.

Ridiculed by the Mayor of London? Check.

Accidentally revealed secret meetings with MI6? Check.

Referred to a nation that doesn't exist? Check.

Insulted his British hosts? Check.

Hilarious. It's made even funnier by how quickly the main stream conservative media runs from it. (But it will be a lot less funny and a lot more embarrassing if/when he is elected president.)

Wrong again, carly. Fox reported it.

whoa... carly? why are you making it personal? better ask for permission before you refer to him/her as 'carly'. not cool.

also, surprised you watch fox, always appreciated your posts for their independence.

No . . . it's fine.

Apparently someone didn't check Drudge today either before copying the daily talking points. Curious.

Grudgingly . . . long after the fact. (In fact, it looks like those were after I checked but I can't be sure unless you guys share links.) Where were the screaming headlines? The flashing fonts? The BREAKING NEWS?

I suppose Mitt will just retroactively cancel his international tour. ;)

This is the best the GOP could do. SMH

LINK

Mitt Romney is making quite the impression on his European tour. On his first day of official appearances in London, the candidate's remarks about security at the 2012 Olympics raised the ire of the British press.

But everyone knows you haven't really won a news cycle until Twitter has coined you a hashtag, and the microblogging service obliged Thursday afternoon with #Romneyshambles.

The tag has been used by everyone from journalists: Screen-shot-2012-07-26-at-4.17.25-PM.png

To those eager to combine the London missteps with older Romney gaffes: Screen-shot-2012-07-26-at-4.27.44-PM.png

Jill Lawless, a London-based correspondent for the AP, stepped in with some backstory on the neologism. The suffix "shambles" seems to be a popular one that's already in use around the Olympics:

Apparently someone didn't check Drudge today either before copying the daily talking points. Curious.

Grudgingly . . . long after the fact. (In fact, it looks like those were after I checked but I can't be sure unless you guys share links.) Where were the screaming headlines? The flashing fonts? The BREAKING NEWS?

I suppose Mitt will just retroactively cancel his international tour. ;)

The fact that it was on Drudge all day since the morning as the headline tells me you never checked in the first place. So now you are changing your story from not reporting to grudgingly reporting? Interesting. I also find it interesting that the original post was completely lacking any kind of link for verification yet you require a link from everyone else or you don't believe it. Very odd indeed.

As for what Romney did, I completely agree, in fact I think it's even worse as a candidate to be pissing off our country's best ally before you are even get elected if he were to win. At least if Obama was saying this stuff, he would have already built some kind of relationship with the UK and it would be easier to fix. If Romney would get elected, things like this would only start the relationship in a hole. The more I have seen of Romney since he has locked the nomination, the less impressed I am.

So this leaves me with just one last question. Did you make the original post as a copy and paste of some daily left talking points and not actually verify what they said yourself or are you simply making stuff up?

Parrot or liar, which is it?

The fact that it was on Drudge all day since the morning as the headline tells me you never checked in the first place.

Sure didn't see it when I checked. I was looking specifically to see what the spin would be. Nada.

I also find it interesting that the original post was completely lacking any kind of link for verification yet you require a link from everyone else or you don't believe it. Very odd indeed.

It'd seem a lot less odd to you if you'd stop and think about it. How do you go about proving that someone ISN'T reporting on something? I could provide direct links to the main pages of Drudge, Fox, etc. However, then when you stop to actually think . . . you realize that those sites change over time. Isn't that something? :lol:

If you are talking about a summary of Romney's blunders, here you go: http://www.guardian....-britain-gaffes

If you're talking about the lack of coverage perhaps someone more skilled in the ways of the internets than I can post a link to how a site looks at a given time in the past.

So now you are changing your story from not reporting to grudgingly reporting?

Not reporting as of the time of my post. After my post they did have some minor stories. That's not me changing my story . . . that's the story itself changing. It happens sometimes.

That said, it never made their BIG NEWS of the day area from what I saw. I think that might be a bit different if it had been Obama. :P

Did you make the original post as a copy and paste of some daily left talking points and not actually verify what they said yourself or are you simply making stuff up?

Neither. That's a decent false dichotomy though. Kudos.