Romney's Rough Day

This is a good point, Comish. Can you tell us who/what Romney is?

He's not Barack Obama.

I didn't expect such candor, but that's pretty obviously his only necessary qualification for Republicans. Thanks, Yossarian.

That should also be enough for moderates.

Barack Obama was elected simply because he was not George Bush. Why else? He surely wasn't qualified. And his record the past 3 1/2 years make Pee Wee Herman look pretty good. At least Pee Wee know what he was doing when he was busted a few years back.

This is a good point, Comish. Can you tell us who/what Romney is?

He's not Barack Obama.

I didn't expect such candor, but that's pretty obviously his only necessary qualification for Republicans. Thanks, Yossarian.

That should also be enough for moderates.

Barack Obama was elected simply because he was not George Bush. Why else? He surely wasn't qualified. And his record the past 3 1/2 years make Pee Wee Herman look pretty good. At least Pee Wee know what he was doing when he was busted a few years back.

you are really good at understanding why you did not vote for obama, but not at all aware why someone else might vote for him.

• Fire 3

Barack Obama was elected simply because he was not George Bush. Why else? He surely wasn't qualified.

If qualifications are your big issue than you must be voting for Obama this time, right?

And his record the past 3 1/2 years make Pee Wee Herman look pretty good.

Which parts, specifically?

Barack Obama was elected simply because he was not George Bush. Why else? He surely wasn't qualified.

If qualifications are your big issue than you must be voting for Obama this time, right?

And his record the past 3 1/2 years make Pee Wee Herman look pretty good.

Which parts, specifically?

How about you telling me what he has done right?

I believe these "parts" are not good.

1) Job creation.

2) Deficit reduction.

3) Transparency in Government.

4) Illegal immigration.

5) State of the economy.

6) His budget.

Your take on these?

Based on the past 3 1/2 years, what has he done right besides pass Obamacare - which a majority of Americans oppose?

Again, you tell me why you are voting keep the most inept man to occupy the White House for another four years. Please, we all await with bated breat.

1) Job creation. (What do you think that Obama should do? How should he get around GOP obstruction?)

2) Deficit reduction. (Obama still hasn't matched Bush's record deficit. http://www.usgovernm...icit_chart.html)

3) Transparency in Government. (Agreed. Big problem. Not sure that you'll help matters by voting for Mitt "Burn the Hard Drives" Romney.)

4) Illegal immigration. (Record numbers of deportations? http://abcnews.go.co...hispanic-scorn/)

5) State of the economy. (Which crashed under whose policies?)

6) His budget. (Which parts? You'll have to be a bit more specific.)

Responses in parentheses.

[W]hat has he done right . . .

Oh I don't know...

Ended the war in Iraq. (We could have avoided that catastrophe entirely if we had listened to Obama instead of Cheney/Bush.)

Saved GM.

Killed Osama Bin Laden after W. failed and quit.

Achieved nearly universal health coverage by embracing a conservative idea.

Systematically dismantled the terrorist group that was responsible for 9/11.

Assisted in overthrowing Gaddafi with zero boots on the ground.

Not bad for 3.5 years . . . much of that during the most obstructionist/do nothing Congress in the modern era.

Please, we all await with bated breat.

"Breat?" I hope that I don't have to report that. :(

• Fire 3

1) Job creation. (What do you think that Obama should do? How should he get around GOP obstruction?) So, killing the Keystone Pipeline was the GOP's fault? And of the $800B in stimulus, less than 7 percent went for infrastructure. http://www.recovery....rantsloans.aspx

2) Deficit reduction. (Obama still hasn't matched Bush's record deficit. http://www.usgovernm...icit_chart.html) Hmmmm. The reference you posted says that Obama's deficits add up to $4.821T. Bush's - $2.033T. You're right...they don't match up.

3) Transparency in Government. (Agreed. Big problem. Not sure that you'll help matters by voting for Mitt "Burn the Hard Drives" Romney.) What? Romney burned the hard drives for Fast and Furious??? Sorry, but the "so's your old man" retort doesn't cut it.

4) Illegal immigration. (Record numbers of deportations? http://abcnews.go.co...hispanic-scorn/) Apparently he is deporting the wrong ones. Released illegal immigrants went on to commit more crimes, including charges of 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the House Judiciary Committee said in a report Tuesday. http://www.washingto...-crimes/?page=1

5) State of the economy. (Which crashed under whose policies?) GDP grew 1.7% in 2011. That's three years into Obama's term. http://nation.foxnew...ew-just-17-2011

6) His budget. (Which parts? You'll have to be a bit more specific.) The one that was defeated in the House by a vote of 414-0 on 28 March. I'll have to go with the Democrats in the house and say "all parts."

Oh I don't know...

Ended the war in Iraq. (We could have avoided that catastrophe entirely if we had listened to Obama instead of Cheney/Bush.) I was unaware that the war had ended. Car bombs killed 20 yesterday. http://www.huffingto..._n_1723396.html

Saved GM. You say that as if it were a good thing. Except for saving union jobs, it did little good.

Killed Osama Bin Laden after W. failed and quit. Actually, he gave the go-ahead for U.S. warriors to risk their lives in an attempt to kill Bin Laden. They succeeded. Then he leaked the details to make himself look good. Still, I like the fact that he made the decision, and I like his use of drones to kill terrorists and their associates.

Achieved nearly universal health coverage by embracing a conservative idea. Growing the Government is not a Conservative idea.

Systematically dismantled the terrorist group that was responsible for 9/11. Al Qaida? Give me some more details please. They are still active in Iraq, Afghanistan, and now they are in Syria.

Assisted in overthrowing Gaddafi with zero boots on the ground. Give me more details on what he did, please.

Not bad for 3.5 years . . . much of that during the most obstructionist/do nothing Congress in the modern era. Are you aware that Dems controlled both Senate and House for two years?

"Breat?" I hope that I don't have to report that. :(Go ahead...but do it after 5:00PM.

My comments in bold.

• Fire 2

1) Job creation. (What do you think that Obama should do? How should he get around GOP obstruction?)

2) Deficit reduction. (Obama still hasn't matched Bush's record deficit. http://www.usgovernm...icit_chart.html)

3) Transparency in Government. (Agreed. Big problem. Not sure that you'll help matters by voting for Mitt "Burn the Hard Drives" Romney.)

4) Illegal immigration. (Record numbers of deportations? http://abcnews.go.co...hispanic-scorn/)

Oh I don't know...

Ended the war in Iraq. (We could have avoided that catastrophe entirely if we had listened to Obama instead of Cheney/Bush.)

Saved GM.

Not bad for 3.5 years . . . much of that during the most obstructionist/do nothing Congress in the modern era.

• Ended the war and we should have listened to BO? You ARE aware the congress voted in favor?
  • GM is not saved. It’s just been given to the unions
  • Got Osama using BUSH’S plan (and by the way….regardless of the number of “I’s he spewed while grandstanding and leaking info that cost us intel so he could brag……………it might be nice if we gave the Seals some credit)

Bush QUIT ?? wow, pretty much a stretch even for you Carl.

• Universal coverage. Tell that to the millions who STILL won’t have it. Plus, as you may have heard……..this story is yet to be finished. See the sequel in November.

I’ll give you this Carl…….you can attempt to make a case for BO’s leadership when there isn’t any………..and you appear to do it with a straight face. Congratulations

• Fire 1

Oh I don't know...

Saved GM.

• Ended the war and we should have listened to BO? You ARE aware the congress voted in favor?
  • GM is not saved. It’s just been given to the unions
  • Got Osama using BUSH’S plan (and by the way….regardless of the number of “I’s he spewed while grandstanding and leaking info that cost us intel so he could brag……………it might be nice if we gave the Seals some credit)

• Universal coverage. Tell that to the millions who STILL won’t have it. Plus, as you may have heard……..this story is yet to be finished. See the sequel in November.

I’ll give you this Carl…….you can attempt to make a case for BO’s leadership when there isn’t any………..and you appear to do it with a straight face. Congratulations

Gonna have to agree with Comish on this...

• Fire 1

i give carlfense credit for trying, but what is the point. you guys are arguing at each other, not with. even if you point out something you think obama did well, they will just disagree with the value of it. otherwise it is just a case of 'i have this link v. i have this other link'.

but then maybe the question should be {since we will not convince you to give obama an iota of respect [and i am not fishing for some, 'well i like how obama...(some obscure, vaguely conservative accomplishment)']}, why should we like romney?

Ended the war and we should have listened to BO? You ARE aware the congress voted in favor?

I am aware. Who led that charge? Who opposed it?

GM is not saved. It’s just been given to the unions

Those unions must be doing a lot of good. http://money.cnn.com...nings/index.htm

Got Osama using BUSH’S plan

Haha. Seriously? That's so awesome. :lol:

No! Bush FAILED . . . and then he QUIT. You're missing that crucial first part. He did quit . . . but only after he tried and failed.

• Fire 1

-Yossarian

Iraq

How many US combat troops have been killed since January of 2012?

Deficit

What was the budget deficit when Bush took office compared to when he left office? What was the budget deficit for Obama's first fiscal year compared to his most recent fiscal year? You might discover something interesting.

Transparency

So is it a problem or isn't it? I say that it is a problem. You seem to be arguing that it's only a problem when Obama lacks transparency.

GM

I think there are about 70,000 American workers and a lot of stockholders who disagree. (Edit: Actually more like 1.8 million.)

Economy

What would you have Obama do, again?

Obama's Budget

So which parts do you have a problem with? Specifics please.

• Fire 1

i give carlfense credit for trying, but what is the point. you guys are arguing at each other, not with. even if you point out something you think obama did well, they will just disagree with the value of it. otherwise it is just a case of 'i have this link v. i have this other link'.

but then maybe the question should be {since we will not convince you to give obama an iota of respect [and i am not fishing for some, 'well i like how obama...(some obscure, vaguely conservative accomplishment)']}, why should we like romney?

That . . . and like many Republicans . . . they seem to be impervious to the reality that exists outside of their conservative mainstream media echo chambers.

In those circles thinking is not required. If you can recite slogans you're welcomed with open arms.

That . . . and like most mainstream Republicans . . . they seem to be impervious to the reality that exists outside of their conservative mainstream media echo chambers.

In those circles thinking is not required. If you can recite slogans you're welcomed with open arms.

it is fairly obvious when their knee jerk reaction to gm's new found success is always "argh! unions!". what do the unions have to do with it, why should unions not play the role they assume they do, and why is it bad if it means record profits?

That . . . and like most mainstream Republicans . . . they seem to be impervious to the reality that exists outside of their conservative mainstream media echo chambers.

it is fairly obvious when their knee jerk reaction to gm's new found success is always "argh! unions!". what do the unions have to do with it, why should unions not play the role they assume they do, and why is it bad if it means record profits?

I think your missing the point. It's not that unions were given control. It's that they were given PRIORITY over other shareholders in line. (including you if you held paper in either mutual or stock).

They're in the uncomfortable position of having opposed a resoundingly successful policy. It's easier to deny that it was successful than admit that they were wrong.

Romney is in that same position. How did he respond? He tried to claim that he deserved credit for the success. Maybe he is the perfect GOP candidate. :lol: