Beck

np_husker

If Healthy, Taylor should start. You should not lose your starting spot because of Injury.

What happened to Ganz? I thought he was still listed as the #2.

No, they updated the depth chart with Beck as #2

As for starting Beck instead of Taylor? Bad idea. Okay yeah we're going to a bowl game, however.. we've still got CU to deal with... and then the bowl game. Playing Beck instead of Taylor may a) hurt taylor's confidence B) get him out of rhythm c) piss him off

We don't want any of those things right now. Having said that, if Taylor is not 100% we need to save him and let him get healthy for the bowl game. This is the only situation I'd like to see Beck start.

Playing time for Beck? Yes, god yes. Somehow, someway.. we HAVE to get Beck into this game. Burning a redshirt for 1/2 a quarter.. not so good. At least if we get him some more reps in the CU game and possibly the bowl game.. it'll get him more experience, better poise, etc..

Start Taylor, give Beck a series or two early in the game. Even though he only went 1-6, it was a hell of a throw and also great effort by the kid after throwing the INT to save a TD. That saved the game for us right there. Also the confidence Beck will have now that he has some experience and has his 1st come from behind win @ NU is huge!!!

Taylor will be ready, and it was totally the correct decision to burn the redshirt. Gotta go with the best player, and Beck is our next best QB behind Taylor.

I've decided to not have any feelings on the burning of Beck's redshirt because it is done, right or wrong. Further, I don't think Beck gives us our best chance of winning right now (which is what we should try to do). Therefore, I'm thinking Taylor should (and most likely will if healthy) start.

One the other hand, BC has shown very little in the area of development (espeicially of QBs). He sticks with one guy until he is injured. I hope that he strays from this a little bit in this game. I'm thinking at least one series (maybe two if it is not a long series) in the early to mid 2nd Quarter (however, this is dependent on weather conditions, score at the time, i.e. the "feel" of the game).

Also, if the game is not winnable or losable, I'd like to see Beck in at the end of the game. If we are up 14 or more points, not to just take a knee, but get Beck some snaps at least, even if he is just handing off to Lucky or Glenn. Or, if we are down 14 or more points, get Beck some snaps. Once again, this is based on the "feel" for the game the Head Coach has, and can't be said definitively one way or another prior to game time.

Plain and simple, you don't sell Taylor out like that.

Taylor has busted his rear end taking shot......after shot.......after shot......after shot, and has battled for this team all year. The players love him and the coaches believe in him as well. Just because the redshirt is he doesn't deserve to lose his job.

Beck earned alot of points being the one to step up and lose a year of eligibility just for a series. He earned alot of respect not only from those coaches, but more importantly from the players as well.

It's a great thing to have to know if Zac ever goes done you have some just as willing to go out and battle in Harrison.