August is upon us. (The longest month of the year)

Ever since the NCAA did away with the short lived Kickoff classic games I have hated August. It's the so close you can taste it month. Everybody is talking about the upcoming season. It's analyzed and scurtinized and the prognosticators jabber away and ALL I want is SOME DAMN FOOTBALL! Not just any football though! High School football starts about mid August but that just doesn't quite do it. I work most Friday nights and the highlight real might offer a glimmer of talent here and there but for the most part it's blah blah blah...don't care... Then there is NFL pre season, which I couldn't give to shifts about because I hate the NFL and I hate the showboating. So in August each day is agony, each day is filled with anxious anticipation, each day is full of torturous Husker buzz. It's a wasted month of unzenlike longing for each day to be over inching our way to September. Fortunately this year I only have to hate most of August. College football kicks off on Thursday August 30th! Thank goodness for small favors!