Southern Miss fan here

Runs a 4.65. Faster than our QB last year who got yards when he needed them. However, watch for our best recruit of last years class. Name is Anthony Alford. We should see him at QB in some packages at different time in the game. Kid is an extreme athlete.

as Michael Scott once said, "It's over. We are screwed."

Give us some more insight on USM. Who's coming back on O and D? Who looks like your playmakers? What are the perceived strengths and weaknesses? I always think defense when I think of Southern Miss, but I haven't really followed them the last few years.

Returning on offense are 4 offensive lineman. Should be very, very stout unit barring some injuries. Our best "playmaker", Tracy Lampley, is back for his senior season. If you watched the Houston game last year he was the one that Houston couldn't stop. Nobody stopped him last year for that matter. He runs 4.4 and is probably the quickest guy on the team. He should start in the slot this year but EJ plans to get it into to his hands every chance he can get. Watch for some sweeps/screens/reverses,etc. We lost our 2 most productive WR's to NFL, but should still have very strong receiving corps. We'll probably line up 4 wideouts while sometimes adding the slot in motion. Our receiving corps mainly consists of very,very large guys (2 over 6'4", one 6'3") but all lack speed. Along with Lampley, we should have 1 maybe 2 more quick little speedster type of guys coming in this year. As you probably know, we lost the most productive QB in our history this year (signed with the Rams.) The only guy that has actually seen a little college football action is Arsenio Favor. 6'3" maybe 225. He can really run and has somewhat of a lackluster arm. He was expected to start this year, but hurt his knee in the spring. He's day-to-day right now but I hope he's up to speed on Sept. 1st. We've got 4 other pretty solid guys that could contribute but all have no experience whatsoever. Anthony Alford (our best recruit, #4 dual-threat qb in last year's class) should see playing time in this game and the rest of them as well. You will most likely see him in some single packages.

On defense, 5 graduated or went to the draft. I'm talking about starters. We lost our 2 LB's and also lost 2 DT's. The last guy was a very solid DB whom we will miss. We are expected to have the best secondary in the CUSA and among the top 15 in the country. Should be very stingy and hard to beat over the top. Watch for us to disguise a lot of coverages and mix a good many blitz packages in there. I've already talked about Jamie Collins. Besides him, watch for McCullum or Thomas coming off the edge to have a big game while Collins is double teamed. I'm really worried about LB this year but have one JuCo guy that should be pretty good. Allen Howze is his name and is the only guy with some amount of college level experience at the position. Overall, I think we will have an even better defense than last year b/c of the guys returning and the great defensive minds we have with the whistles around their necks. Should be a good season.

Runs a 4.65. Faster than our QB last year who got yards when he needed them. However, watch for our best recruit of last years class. Name is Anthony Alford. We should see him at QB in some packages at different time in the game. Kid is an extreme athlete.

as Michael Scott once said, "It's over. We are screwed."

Hm. I certainly hope so.

Hey hey hey hey hey wait just a GD minute here! Name all the conference USA teams that have beaten Nebraska in Lincoln in the last ten years. I count one, Southern Miss. So watch yourselves when you start running your mouth, I don't want any mouthy Husker fans punking it up and jinxing the ball club by sh*t talking a Southern Miss fan who's been nothing but polite. USM has talented football players and aren't afraid to play on the road. Haven't you ever watched college football on opening day? No favored team with better athletes and coaching has ever been scared sh*less or knocked off because of Ill preperation, jitters, or just plain over confidence or complacency right? We're only a few years removed from Scares from SDSU and a loss to a vastly inferior Iowa State. Last I checked it's still 11 on 11. Southern Miss will play hard. Yes Nebraska will probably win but I'd hate more than anything to have a plate full of crow Sept 2.

We know the sh*t talkers will be nowhere to be found if we lose it.