Southern Miss fan here

Some other "experts" are saying we have one of the best secondaries in the country this fall. I don't think they are nearly that good. But I think our style of D will at least prevent any 80-yard runs from Rex. I'm really excited because I think it will be a really close game.

Stop saying you think it's gonna be a close game! You might start believing it! Whatever color koolaid USM drinks, you've had too much!! Take it from a message board full of kool aid drinkers! We drink it till the first game we get blown out! And we switch to Jack Daniels! Its a vicious cycle. GBR!

Hmmm... Didn't think saying it was gonna be a close was as ridiculous as I thought it was...

If you are going to become a regular you need to learn two things:

1. Never listen to him, and Deckedinblack

2. Decked and Bucky are the same person

• Fire 1

You guys that are seriously taking jabs at Southern Miss fans are ridiculous. The man has said nothing wrong and just defended his team in a respectable manner. Put me in the crowd that is somewhat nervous to see what this game brings. I do think we win, but I will not discount that team. Idk what it is about southern miss, but they always seem to have a wealth of athletes.

• Fire 3

Southern Miss runs a 4-2-5 Defense.

I think it will be interesting how our style will match up with y'alls type of offense. I think we're gonna try to mix it up a lot and throw some unexpected blitz's in to try to contain Burkhead. Martinez is a whole different story.

If Taylor has his freshman speed back then yes.

Martinez will do damage if he has his legs back, and will do even more if he has become a better passer, game manager, and better at reading defenses. The first game may not give us too much info. about him, we'll see.

If he takes care of the ball like he did last year, minus the Wisconsin fiasco, then we will be fine. I still think this game is somewhere in the 28-14 or 31-17 range.

Some other "experts" are saying we have one of the best secondaries in the country this fall. I don't think they are nearly that good. But I think our style of D will at least prevent any 80-yard runs from Rex. I'm really excited because I think it will be a really close game.

Stop saying you think it's gonna be a close game! You might start believing it! Whatever color koolaid USM drinks, you've had too much!! Take it from a message board full of kool aid drinkers! We drink it till the first game we get blown out! And we switch to Jack Daniels! Its a vicious cycle. GBR!

Hmmm... Didn't think saying it was gonna be a close was as ridiculous as I thought it was...

Wow. We've got the same thing going on at the ESPN board. CU fan posing as 3 different guys trying to tick off Nebraska fans as much as possible. Sounds like jealousy.

You guys that are seriously taking jabs at Southern Miss fans are ridiculous. The man has said nothing wrong and just defended his team in a respectable manner. Put me in the crowd that is somewhat nervous to see what this game brings. I do think we win, but I will not discount that team. Idk what it is about southern miss, but they always seem to have a wealth of athletes.

As a Southern Miss fan, thats all I can ask for. Respect.

Hey i'm 3x the poster I used to be. I actually post info now. I only post decent comments in the 2013 recuit profiles.

Hey i'm 3x the poster I used to be. I actually post info now. I only post decent comments in the 2013 recuit profiles.

And you're also calling out a fan talking about a team which you know nothing about. There's more than one player on that team that would see significant playing time on our roster, I can guarantee you that.

Southern Miss runs a 4-2-5 Defense.

I think it will be interesting how our style will match up with y'alls type of offense. I think we're gonna try to mix it up a lot and throw some unexpected blitz's in to try to contain Burkhead. Martinez is a whole different story.

If Taylor has his freshman speed back then yes.

That's the big question for sure.

Rooting for ones college team is kinda like hitting on chicks at a strip club after 2am! If you go in with LOW expectations and wake up the next morning with just a slight burning sensation when you pee, consider that a good night! If you guys come to Lincoln hoping to stay within 21 pts and you lose by just 24. Not a bad night!

However, if you go to that strip club at 2am thinking you're gonna get with the hottest stripper in the place and wake up with just a bad case of crabs cause you had to take it sh#t in a strip bar. Then while getting a lap dance from said stripper, she throws up in your lap. Cause little did you know, you didn't exactly wipe your ass very well and the smell made her puke!!

Now you wake up the next morning with crabs, smell like puke and have sh#t stained drawers sticking to your balls!!!! This is the same feeling you will have if you get overly excited about beating a team that will be between 17-22 pt favorites and get rolled by 6 TDs. Welcome to the board Eagle....seriously! And I hope you continue to share things on this board even after we beat you 52-6 as I stated above!

@Lyons: How so was I calling him out? I was just talking about the matchup. I know they run a 4-2-5 Defense they lost two DTs have a great DE who was a S/LB. And they lost there starting QB. I watched a few of there games here and there but watched all of the Houston vs Southern Miss game.

Rooting for ones college team is kinda like hitting on chicks at a strip club after 2am! If you go in with LOW expectations and wake up the next morning with just a slight burning sensation when you pee, consider that a good night! If you guys come to Lincoln hoping to stay within 21 pts and you lose by just 24. Not a bad night!

However, if you go to that strip club at 2am thinking you're gonna get with the hottest stripper in the place and wake up with just a bad case of crabs cause you had to take it sh#t in a strip bar. Then while getting a lap dance from said stripper, she throws up in your lap. Cause little did you know, you didn't exactly wipe your ass very well and the smell made her puke!!

Now you wake up the next morning with crabs, smell like puke and have sh#t stained drawers sticking to your balls!!!! This is the same feeling you will have if you get overly excited about beating a team that will be between 17-22 pt favorites and get rolled by 6 TDs. Welcome to the board Eagle....seriously! And I hope you continue to share things on this board even after we beat you 52-6 as I stated above!

Sounds like you have done that before.

NU is DEFINITELY better than any team we played last year. Houston was the best offense in the country and we held them to 3 td's. Then again Houston shouldn't have even had the right to put their sorry defense on the field. That being said, I'm really interested in seeing how we handle the physicality of your team. One of you also said we only have one good pass rusher. We lost our 2 interior DT's but I think we're even better at that position this year. Watch for Octavious Thomas coming around the end quite a bit forcing T-Mart to scramble (this may hurt us in the long run.) We return 4 OL from last year, which makes that unit our strength. However, I'm really worried about QB. The guy that will most likely start for us is 6'4" 240, but hasn't taken a single snap in a real game. Especially playing at Memorial, I think this could very well spell disaster for us.

Is he mobile?