Santa Margarita (johnny stanton)

Jezz that team sounds like a good practice squad for some college level teams! I think I have heard of maybe one team here in Texas that had that many divison 1 scholarship offers. I think it was Dallas skyline? Think they had 12. I could be wrong on the school though.

• 1 month later...

Husker QB recruit Stanton receiving rave reviews

Opinion column by Sam McKewon / World-Herald staff writer PUBLISHED TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2012 AT 12:01 AM / UPDATED AT 1:41 AM

LINCOLN — Johnny Stanton arrived a half-hour late to the most important audition of his young life. He was in the midst of a nationwide summer tour to land college quarterback offers. Nebraska made his visit list. But the commute from Omaha — where his family had stayed overnight — perhaps took longer than Stanton had expected. So the 6-foot-2 220-pounder arrived as the rest of the high school guys in NU's Elite Quarterback Academy were already stretching.

“I was worried it'd be a big deal,” Stanton said. Husker offensive coordinator Tim Beck clearly didn't think so. He whisked Stanton inside the Hawks Championship Center for a one-on-one tutorial, putting the Santa Margarita (Calif.) Catholic star through a series of drills and passes to graduate assistants and interns. Beck liked what he saw, and 24 hours later, he'd extended Stanton an offer.

LINK

McKewon with a pretty good article on Stanton. :thumbs: